James Gunn reveals upcoming DCU slate "Chapter I: Gods and Monsters"

mystery

So they left the door open for Ezra Miller to come back??? What in the world :deadbanana2:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Digitalism

• mystery

• Broken

• JustLikeHoney

Who was asking for Creature Commandos, The Authority, Booster Gold and Paradise Lost? :rip:

Idk, I'm rooting for DC but this was their chance to do a full reboot. Having two batmen at the same time is just asking to flop, and keeping some actors while getting rid of others is just gonna lead to confusion. I guess we'll have to see how it works out, very excited for Superman though.

I don’t see how this is going to become any more of a success than the last attempt, it already sounds a mess. :rip:

This is a ******* disaster. 

They should’ve just built upon the Matt reeves universe, it’s the only coherent thing going on right now 

JustLikeHoney

I can't wait for Superman and Supergirl.

I hope they keep Sasha Calle's Supergirl. Her IG has me turned on lately and I'm a gay man. 

spacer.png

Edited by JustLikeHoney

10 minutes ago, JustLikeHoney said:

I can't wait for Superman and Supergirl.

I hope they keep Sasha Calle's Supergirl. Her IG has me turned on lately and I'm a gay man. 

spacer.png

Apparently she was cut from the flash?

JustLikeHoney
11 minutes ago, chris1991 said:

Oh that sucks. I really wanted to see what her version of SG would have been like. 

JustLikeHoney
11 minutes ago, chris1991 said:

Oh that sucks. I really wanted to see what her version of SG would have been like. 

I am fine with this slate. It’s not Good but it’s not Bad either. I see some content that I definitely won’t watch or care for, but also some movies & Characters I am excited for. I trust Gunn will make great stories, but a lot of this looks very similar to what DC was already doing and flopping with. So I’m skeptical, and don’t think it will be successful outside of obviously Batman 

3 hours ago, Roman Holiday said:

Screaming because I feel like nothing will change success wise :rip: 

This is how I feel. I think the storytelling will be a lot better, but I still don’t see how this will get the General public to go to the movie theaters. 

The slate is Very DC, but the mainstream audience ain’t showing up for any of this. A better slate would have balanced the Characters casuals Viewers know and the Nerdy and weird stuff. Like imagine the Younger reach they could have got with a Static shock or teen titans film, the action fans with a Green Lantern Film, ect. I can’t wait to see the show, but a movie makes sense for all the A-List Justice League members. Who is rushing out to see an Authority movie? 🤣 but like I said I still think the slate is fine, just not really Great or different 

The fact it's not a complete reboot ruins it for me.

4 hours ago, BoyLikeYouSuxx said:

Two batmans

two supermans

random team ensemble 

canon pre-wonder woman show with NO Wonder Woman movie slated..

yea this is ass already :rip: 

This. Omg.

He had ONE job :deadbanana2:.

Edited by Broken

This will be a mess but I'm finally getting Midnighter and Apollo and will remain tepidly positive towards The Authority for my own sanity. :giraffe:

Superhero movies are SOOO 2019. This is gonna flop hard. They just need to take a 10 year break or something. 

They just needed to announce a Superman movie, Wonder woman movie, and a Green lantern movie to setup a justice league movie. Force Matt reeves  Batman into this universe. They shouldn't even have announced tv stuff because we dont know how successful this reboot could be and it oversaturates everything else. I would have only kept Jason Mamoa as Aquaman and do a soft reboot there. 

Edited by DONTYELLATME

Why do people want Gal Gadot back? Are y'all INSANE? She's one of the worst actresses EVER. Her getting fired was actually a nice thing and something to look forward to...

Dumb as hell. 

As much as Gunn tries to say otherwise, this feels like a one-man show. It's only properties he loves, he's even directly involved in a few of them (Waller, Superman, the animated show...). He states that creators will be put first then proceeds to describe each project's tone when they have no creatives attached :rip:. It feels self-centered instead of true leadership.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.