James Gunn reveals upcoming DCU slate "Chapter I: Gods and Monsters"

mystery

1 minute ago, Digitalism said:

I don't think there's a quote talking about Gal tho 

Yes there is.

"No directors have been attached to any projects (although they said they’re “very close” on signing at least a couple), and no actors are attached, either. The exception is Viola Davis, who will star in the HBO Max series “Waller” as the amoral, self-imposed superintendent of the DC universe, Amanda Waller. She originated the role in 2016’s “Suicide Squad.” Similarly, Safran and Gunn left the door open for Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, Ezra Miller and Zachary Levi to continue playing their respective DC superheroes of Wonder Woman, Aquaman, the Flash and Shazam, but Gunn reiterated that Henry Cavill will not continue as Superman. Otherwise, the execs said, they will be casting new actors in the roles."

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Digitalism

• mystery

• Broken

• JustLikeHoney

Roman Holiday

Screaming because I feel like nothing will change success wise :rip: 

My husband deserved to be the main batman :fish2:

Also.. Sounds complicated and half of those projects sound unexciting but we'll see.. 

The authority sounds like what Eternals tried to be.. 

The supergurl movie i- :redface:

James sweetie you better bring it

Kim Kardashian GIF

These are not bad picks, the casting will be crucial though.

Also I’m 95% positive the reason they danced around Ezra, Zachary, and Gal is because they want Shazam and Flash to make some sort of profit. I fully expect come August they’ll announce that all three are gone and will be recast.

4 minutes ago, mystery said:

Yes there is.

"No directors have been attached to any projects (although they said they’re “very close” on signing at least a couple), and no actors are attached, either. The exception is Viola Davis, who will star in the HBO Max series “Waller” as the amoral, self-imposed superintendent of the DC universe, Amanda Waller. She originated the role in 2016’s “Suicide Squad.” Similarly, Safran and Gunn left the door open for Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, Ezra Miller and Zachary Levi to continue playing their respective DC superheroes of Wonder Woman, Aquaman, the Flash and Shazam, but Gunn reiterated that Henry Cavill will not continue as Superman. Otherwise, the execs said, they will be casting new actors in the roles."

That's not a direct quote 
And I'm saying this because Ezra and Jason are ones that appeared in Peacemaker. Nobody else did 

Just now, Digitalism said:

That's not a direct quote 
And I'm saying this because Ezra and Jason are ones that appeared in Peacemaker. Nobody else did 

And neither was the post you sent.

I’m sorry, I just don’t see it for the DC girlies… :toofunny3:

Why the hell are they making ANOTHER Batman franchise?? Just to introduce Robin?? No one wants this

The Pattinson/Reeves one is the best thing to happen to DC since Nolan. Just let that be PLEASE

James Gunn needs to keep his ego in check, he's sounding like the mad king

A potential Authority movie whew :jonnycat:

Y'all better get into THEE Midnighter & Apollo, DC's LGBT power couple

midnighter-and-apollo-1-cv1-var-by-howar

“I will say here that Flash is probably one of the greatest superhero movies ever made,” Gunn added.

He loves Ezra Miller's antics doesn't he

Also what faith can directors/writers/actors have in these HBO Max show after what happened with Batgirl :rip: 

Looks like hot garbage, it's a shame since MCU is declining, they should have seized this opportunity but I guess MCU will still be the queen.

Superman Legacy - July 11 2025

The Batman Part II - Oct 3, 2025

They coming for that 1-2 punch in 2025.. :jonny: 

A hot ass mess :toofunny2:

I mean I rolled my eyes at they pretending to keep whatever is releasing this year. it's so obvious they are waiting to see the reception and specially the box office numbers. I hope they flop, tired of this dance.

I personally lost all interest on this, so I for sure will skip Shazam and Flash at theaters. As for any of these upcoming projects, we shall see.

Excited for The Batman though.

DC can make a **** tone of money they just need to get it right!

I’m still confused by the universe! Seems like it’s a total reboot but also bringing in actors from the past universe?

Keep Margot!

We keep getting this trash yet we have teen titans and young justice sitting on the shelf :celestial3:

Normally I would have been extremely excited for The Authority if DC wasn’t a complete mess and 90% of their films absolute garbage. But here’s hoping.

Edited by Gossip_Boy

I feel like all will rely on how they restart the universe with Flash but I have little faith. I know I'll be skipping out on Shazam at least :michael:

Elseworld seems like it will produce their actual BO hits since directors don't have to worry about connecting to the DCEU

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.