Jessie Ware - "Pearls"

RideOrDie

1 minute ago, ahauntingnearu said:

Devotion is definitely acclaimed, but how repetitive all the songs' lyrics are + how monotonous the instrumentals are is pretty tiring to me... apart from a few incredible standouts on the album.

TL has bop after bop, so though there's not much substance going on it's probably my second favorite of the first four albums.

GH is boring as a whole - but yes it has its moments, like I said. It's really just a few tedious tracks that make me forget how good a few of the others are (plus a good half of 'fine but don't need to listen to' tracks).

Interesting, I find the production on Devotion to be excellent and progressive, still fresh as well. Definitely finding myself engaged start to end. Like even if you just enjoy the highlights alone - Running is absolutely one of the best songs ever, Imagine It Was Us called Jessie for a chat before she begun WYP era.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ahauntingnearu

• MusicIsMyMaster

• AnonnonA

• BlackoutZone

6 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Interesting, I find the production on Devotion to be excellent and progressive, still fresh as well. Definitely finding myself engaged start to end. Like even if you just enjoy the highlights alone - Running is absolutely one of the best songs ever, Imagine It Was Us called Jessie for a chat before she begun WYP era.

Oh we're totally aligned on Running, Imagine and a few others being amazing; it's just a boring full listen for me. The production sounds nice but you don't need to listen past the first chorus of every other song to know exactly all there is to know about the song :laugh:

I digress, though - I still like it ofc :clap3:

Edited by ahauntingnearu
Underrated(?) take: I think Strangest Feeling also falls into the amazing group.

sounds like it could be a Lizzo song yet again

WYP? > Tough Love > Devotion > Glasshouse

That said, Jessie doesn’t have a single bad album and I think TFG will continue this streak :lakitu:

OT: still haven’t listened to the Pearls snippet but seems like the reviews are mostly positive so far :flame:

Edited by AnonnonA

31 minutes ago, AnonnonA said:

WYP? > Tough Love > Devotion > Glasshouse

That said, Jessie doesn’t have a single bad album and I think TFG will continue this streak :lakitu:

OT: still haven’t listened to the Pearls snippet but seems like the reviews are mostly positive so far :flame:

That is the order right there :clap3:

QueenofCopyPaste

"Cruel" remains her best song imo

I can't stop playing the snippet, it sounds so luxurious  and camp. Mother really is coming. 

I like all her albums, but she's definitely been in her bag with these current albums.

The 1 minute snippet sounds IMMACULATE, serving pure Donna Summer with a little touch of Janet too. 

I fear this song is gonna lowkey shift who I am as a person and change my whole life.

17 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

sounds like it could be a Lizzo song yet again

None of Jessie's music could be done by Lizzo. Lizzo's recent effort is rehashed mainstream copy cat disco.

Jessie is doing tasteful new modern disco flair, elegance and sex appeal. 

plz dont sis. 

THE PRE CHORUS 

HER VOICE

THE PRODUCTION

UGH

it's just not in hers to do a bad song 

yea glass house is a cute girl! listened to Alone on my lunch walk today

Is this coming midnight here in the UK?

32 minutes ago, rihannan1 said:

The GH slander will forever be ugly :biblio:

It's a pretty album - I still like it, and to clarify something I said yesterday, there's not much difference in quality among her first three albums IMO; I don't mean that in a bad way. They're all very safe, cookie-cutter, and fine-to-good... but nothing special relative to where she went afterwards. 

The reason I love parts of GH, though, is that I think you can see traces of WYP? in it. You can tell from the last few sessions for GH she was already headed in WYP?'s direction. The released songs with Danny Parker and Shung - as well as a few 2017 outtakes - you can hear the beginnings of the direction WYP? would take. So just another way that GH was important in leading to WYP? :alexz:

idk if the release time was said already but anyways, she announced it on twitter:

11 minutes ago, ahauntingnearu said:

That's pretty early, no?

She's committed to make everyone's day better. That's mother :jonny3: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.