Jessie Ware - "Pearls"

RideOrDie

mother never misses :wanda: 

such a banger, but to be expected considering WYP and Free Yourself’s excellence. cannot wait for the album :clap3:

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ahauntingnearu

• MusicIsMyMaster

• AnonnonA

• BlackoutZone

It’s good but I think this is my least favorite single of hers since before WYP album

maybe I need to listen to it a few time. I was having a hard time focusing, there’s so much going on :deadbanana: 

but it’s still good

This is absolutely divine. I think Free Yourself has a tiiiiiiny edge over this in how much I like it but time will be the ultimate truth teller. Coming for AOTY once again I fear!

This is maximalism in pop at its best. Always something new to notice when listening.

When the beat kicked in I thought Late Night Talking was playing for a sec :deadbanana4: anyway, this is a cute bop but Free Yourself remains far superior :chick3: I expected better based on the hype

the adlibs

the runs

the haunting yet enchanting backing

2b3jaYJMrZ-F_Jz1G4lcvxnmWBf2wyfuYj1y9mYO

Jesus Christ im such a *** 

I love this

es un pinche temazo jotas alistense 

o_8QOnafBtstytxy8gEcuV3N8ZByW3zsjbuegjQH

53 minutes ago, B-Luke said:

When the beat kicked in I thought Late Night Talking was playing for a sec :deadbanana4: anyway, this is a cute bop but Free Yourself remains far superior :chick3: I expected better based on the hype

I think this is the perfect follow up and fits right in pocket 

Jamming GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

But I thought a user promised there would be a “wave of acclaim”? :mandown:

The acclaim :alexz3:

“Pearls” is ascendant and evangelistic disco that feels fuller than the smoky club tracks of her last album. Gliding over springy keys and cheery percussion, Ware trades her sinuous purrs for jubilant cries that showcase her dazzling upper range. The harmonies plume like steam, the production is dense and fortissimo, and Ware sets the intention to chase a little danger. “Offfff, let me go! Let me dance!” she belts, as if pushing through a scrum of bouncers, never sounding so warm-blooded and rapturous.

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/jessie-ware-pearls/

ascendant, evangelistic, smoky, springy, cheery, sinuous, jubilant, dazzling, dense, fortissimo, warm-blooded, rapturous

19 minutes ago, GardenPanty said:

But I thought a user promised there would be a “wave of acclaim”? :mandown:

The Girlies who aren't elegant enough for pearlies just won't get it I fear 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.