Chlöe - 'In Pieces'

kyliefever2002

22 minutes ago, zeta said:

The Interludes being AMAZING :WAP: 

Feel Me Cry is such an earwarm, it's already one of my favorite songs by her. Also, I'll Kill You could've perfectly been part of the album. Maybe a Deluxe with Have Mercy and the rest of the singles?

tbh, after hearing BODY DO.

I felt like Have Mercy and Treat Me could've perfectly fit the record. 

but I can understand why she took them off. 

I still hope I'll Kill You will make it's way to the deluxe, i've been obsessing over that snippet! 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 99sandthe2000s

• EarStyle

• popularmoonlight

• Armani?

Love i don't mind, worried, and told ya

Also love the vocal production overall

I honestly think Chloe should’ve just sat on this and made a bunch of new songs. This is basically a K Michelle album with a bunch of faceless filler tracks. Nothing on this album screams hit 

Hitting play on the album :duca: 

Based on the snippets, this album is not good. It isn’t bad but it isn’t good. It’s just there for me.

First time in years I listened to album snippets and didn’t get that “THIS ONE IS A SMASH” vibe from any track. There’s 0 reason Have Mercy (as a bonus track) or For the Night couldn’t have fit on the album. They match the vibe well. 

I will give the album credit for sounding very cohesive. There’s definitely a *sound* to it. I don’t think Treat Me would have fit at all. It’s a lil TOO big. The album is definitely playing to a lane especially tempo wise. I think Chloe found her identity which is great. Maybe the next project will eat now that she gets what her solo music should sound/feel like. 

pray it away, body do and i don't mind is a three punch omg

worried is filler 

51 minutes ago, zeta said:

The Interludes being AMAZING :WAP: 

Feel Me Cry is such an earwarm, it's already one of my favorite songs by her. Also, I'll Kill You could've perfectly been part of the album. Maybe a Deluxe with Have Mercy and the rest of the singles?

The Interludes + Feel Me Cry, Make It Look Easy, and Looze U are my favorite snippets. Can't wait to listen in full. 

thank god cheatback made the album

the best song hands down

i don't mind future part 

Gave my first listen. Happy she got the opportunity to put out a debut album, many others can only dream, so congrats for that.

Spoiler

The intro sounds like Camila's Familia opener. Not gonna lie it's kinda funny going from Pray It Away to Body Do.  It's a pretty solid debut album, not a masterpiece but honestly there shouldn't even be an expectation of any artist to deliver something beyond great for their debut. All the tracks suit her pretty nicely and it's very much separated from what CxH deliver as sound-wise, which is great because they have their sound and Chloe is developing her own. I was expecting some pop urban tracks but Chloe did not deliver that exactly. I mentioned Camila, and I'll say again, it kinda reminds me of how the songs from her debut sound in a way. Some feel kinda generic and forgettable, but solid in their purpose for the album. Told Ya is not exactly what I expected but I'm reading it as an experimental bop, I loved the switch up! As a whole it's an interesting album that will def get her some fans for her solo work. Don't think there's any smashes on the album tbh, but like I said before, just the opportunity of putting the album out, is a smash itself. She'll get fans, more people consuming her music and obviously develop her sound on sophomore album.  My top 3 for now is I Don't Mind, Body Do, Told Ya and honorable mention of Cheatback which is a very nice track. Maybe that's the smash idk. I'll give this a 6.5/10.  Fly high, Chloe!  :bird:

EDIT because it's a crime that Heart On My Sleeve is only a min long 

Edited by popularmoonlight

overall the album is very disappointing 

is full of fillers

and heart on my sleeve not being a full song is literally a CRIME

my favorites: pray it away, body do, i don't mind, feel me cry, cheatback and in pieces

Gotta say too In Pieces is so so so beautiful. What a beautiful ballad. 

This really shoulda made the album :weeps:

Edited by stephen1108

I like the snippets. Sounds like a solid album. Her vocals throughout the album are amazing. I’m proud of Chloe. 

Just from listening to the snippets Body Do, In Pieces are still the standout tracks for me. Will reevaluate when I get to listen to everything in full. 

Edited by lovely88

My clear standouts are:

Pray It Away

Body Do

I Don't Mind

Worried

Told Ya

Cheatback

I don't know why "Told Ya" is getting dragged on here, it slaps and Missy ate :jonny6: 

What's frustrating me is "Heart On My Sleeve" is clearly one of the more interesting sounding songs, and she left it as an interlude? :rip: Even "Fallin 4 U" sounds like it could've been a good full song. 

"I'll Kill You" absolutely should have been included, and I kinda expected more songs in a similar fashion on this body of work. 

Overall it's a solid debut album, the only way from here should be up. I'm not too pressed because including the previously released singles we have 18 tracks, 19 if you wanna include "Cry For Me" (this leaked mastered and lossless). We should also be getting more songs from these sessions going by what Chlöe had to say.

35 minutes ago, stephen1108 said:

What's frustrating me is "Heart On My Sleeve" is clearly one of the more interesting sounding songs, and she left it as an interlude? :rip: Even "Fallin 4 U" sounds like it could've been a good full song. 

This. Like those two melodies were too good to be interludes. 

this album....is not giving. 

but i'm glad she got it out.

ungodly hour CLEARED.

I just think it's hilarious that y'all are expecting some magnum opus out the gate. 

allow her to explore and find herself. if this project best represents that era of her life, then that's all that matters

the girl is talented and the good thing about music is that it's all subjective and there's something for everybody.

it's also weird that because she hasn't taken the route some of y'all wanted or preferred, that immediately makes her album trash???

it's BANGERS on this mf for sure.  i'm like leaping inside. i'm so excited. 

1 hour ago, stephen1108 said:

Even "Fallin 4 U" sounds like it could've been a good full song. 

i've only heard the snippet and i'm hooked on the way she was singing under the voice note.

"I don't want to have to get up and get it (I want to go get it, fallin', fallin', fallin'  for yoooouuuuuu.)"

that record being 52 seconds should be criminal.

9 minutes ago, KRZYINLUV said:

i've only heard the snippet and i'm hooked on the way she was singing under the voice note.

"I don't want to have to get up and get it (I want to go get it, fallin', fallin', fallin'  for yoooouuuuuu.)"

that record being 52 seconds should be criminal.

The snippet sounds like one of my favs and I forgot it was only an interlude. Who’s starting the petition for full versions of the interludes on the deluxe?!

19 minutes ago, KRZYINLUV said:

the good thing about music is that it's all subjective

period... so let people have their opinions!