Chlöe - 'In Pieces'

kyliefever2002

Just finished my first listen. Great album :clap3: Only song I wasn't 100% on was Told Ya and even that won me over with the second half. In Pieces (song) reminds me of the first CXH album so that was nice and I love the album's production throughout. I do agree that it does feel on the more manufactured side but it's definitely a solid collection especially for a debut. Some real production and vocal moments on here.

Surprised that they're going with Cheatback to lead the album and not Looze U or I Don't Mind. Future delivered (although I think he'd be better on one of the more upbeat tracks), Missy... not so much :rip:

I'm happy!

Highlights:

Looze U :jonny:

In Pieces

Feel Me Cry

Make It Look Easy

I Don't Mind

Edited by sickoagb

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 99sandthe2000s

• EarStyle

• popularmoonlight

• Armani?

the version of the album I got has all the previous singles. Chloe is stupid for not including those cause they still fit the album off my version. gonna add them to my Apple Music version when I deleted the L copy

I still hate body do. it sounds like a Ciara song in the WORST possible way. sounds like one of the singles Ciara releases that flops and she has to scrap before the album drops.

LOVE; I don't mind, worried, feel me cry, make it look easy, Cheat back, heart on my sleeve should be longer

hate; body do and Told ya 

overall good first album. 

body do lowkey being one of the best songs on the album nnn

need to give it another listen in the morning

Edited by hallucinate

22 minutes ago, sickoagb said:

Just finished my first listen. Great album :clap3: Only song I wasn't 100% on was Told Ya and even that won me over with the second half. In Pieces (song) reminds me of the first CXH album so that was nice and I love the album's production throughout. I do agree that it does feel on the more manufactured side but it's definitely a solid collection especially for a debut. Some real production and vocal moments on here.

Surprised that they're going with Cheatback to lead the album and not Looze U or I Don't Mind. Future delivered (although I think he'd be better on one of the more upbeat tracks), Missy... not so much :rip:

I'm happy!

Highlights:

Looze U :jonny:

In Pieces

Feel Me Cry

Make It Look Easy

I Don't Mind

Excited by this. Looze U was always my most anticipated because of The Dream and the snippets have me anticipating Feel Me Cry + Make It Look Easy

Overall album is good but it’s nothing too special or unique. Pray It Away was the RIGHT lead single :clap3:I Don’t Mind could’ve also been a single. There are still quite a few fillers like the Interludes, Told Ya & Title Track

Cheatback sounds like a 2006 R&B Song, I really like it

There was literally no reason for the other singles to be scrapped off this :deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, sickoagb said:

Only song I wasn't 100% on was Told Ya and even that won me over with the second half. 

yeah, that second half was a gag fest! def didn't expect it to take such a turn. 

59 minutes ago, EarStyle said:

Excited by this. Looze U was always my most anticipated because of The Dream and the snippets have me anticipating Feel Me Cry + Make It Look Easy

The Dream doesn't miss, I need more from them. that track is pure R&B and her voice SHINES! 

I think you're gonna loooove this one. 

9 minutes ago, KRZYINLUV said:

yeah, that second half was a gag fest! def didn't expect it to take such a turn. 

The Dream doesn't miss, I need more from them. that track is pure R&B and her voice SHINES! 

I think you're gonna loooove this one. 

Y'all know I love some R&B. 

9 minutes ago, EarStyle said:

Y'all know I love some R&B. 

Same and I feel like this is why I never take ATRL's opinions 🤣 we're always on the same page though!

1 hour ago, KRZYINLUV said:

The Dream doesn't miss, 

I still have ptsd from the dream. I trust him with Rihanna and Beyoncé but I will NEVER forgive him for Ciara’s basic instinct album. 

Glad he did Chloe right

yeahhh... I've listened to this 3 times front-to-back and I'm just not feeling it. My biggest issue is that outside of the interludes these songs seem to lack any kind of distinct identity. I can think of at least 5 other artists who make similar songs, which is such a let down after chloe carved out such a distinct musical identity on the CxH projects. I'm hoping that with this solo album out of the way they can finish up CxH3 and give us the actual serves

I'm also very upset that the supposed Looze U snippet that was spreading on twitter didn't end up being the actual album track

Where are her last songs. Surprise, treat me, and have mercy were super good. 
this album, however, sounds boring and delivers nothing fresh. 
Sadly, because i really like this girl.

Where would you all place the singles that didn’t make it, on this album? 

30 minutes ago, oshyms said:

did this make it?

This will be released with the Praise This soundtrack.

my version of the album:

1 Someone's Calling (Chlöe)

2 Have Mercy

3 Body Do

4 Treat Me

5 Surprise

6 I Don't Mind

7 Worried

8 Fallin 4 U

9 Cry for Me (with 6LACK)

10 For the Night (feat. Latto)

11 Looze U

12 Pray It Away

13 Feel Me Cry

14 Cheatback (feat. Future)

15 Told Ya (feat. Missy Elliott)

16 Heart on My Sleeve

17 Make It Look Easy

18 In Pieces

18 minutes ago, chaychay18 said:

Where would you all place the singles that didn’t make it, on this album? 

The l worded version that I found had the track list

Someone’s calling

Have mercy

Pray it away

body do

dont mind

suprise

worried

for the night

falling for you

how does it feel

feel me cry

make it look easy

told ya

treat me

heart on my sleeve

in pieces

All the tracks fell right in with the album. I’ll set my official copy in my iTunes once I delete the early version 

I had to make my own SOS album after it’s release, can’t believe i’ll have to do the same with this one to include those songs. At least half of them deserved a spot!! 

Pray it away sounds like an interlude, not something that should have been released as the lead. I love the rest of the record though 

She looks incredible. This would've been an amazing cover.