Madonna - The Celebration Tour | More Than 1.5 Million People @ Mega-Concert in Rio

Sergi91

20 minutes ago, Richie.Valdez said:

She was this upset just because the AC was on? In packed indoors in freaking MIAMI? :mazen:

Sorry Madonna but the AC will be ONNN in Mexico Cit so get a coat or something :khalyan2:

It's not about being cold.

AC affects your voice, throat, and general breathing because it irritates the airways.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris

• tiagol88

• Alongoria13

• Hiatus

7 minutes ago, narid said:

AC affects your voice, throat, and general breathing because it irritates the airways.

Yeah but it was absurdly hot in the arena last night. Legit thought I was going to pass out. 

I don't think her behavior here is particularly defensible. The whole vibe was off last night (she was staring daggers during Bad Girl and the beginning of Vogue :rip:). It was really uncomfortable for her to speak to the crowd like this...she also yelled at a fan earlier in the show for talking and told him to "shut the **** up". 

I get that we as fans see multiple shows and watch clips of each city, but this wouldn't leave a good taste in my mouth if it was the one time I was seeing Madonna. I'd expect way more professionalism from her than this.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Richie.Valdez said:

She was this upset just because the AC was on? In packed indoors in freaking MIAMI? :mazen:

Sorry Madonna but the AC will be ONNN in Mexico Cit so get a coat or something :khalyan2:

Mexico City isn't a particularly hot city though…

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, .Odyssey. said:

Yeah but it was absurdly hot in the arena last night. Legit thought I was going to pass out. 

I don't think her behavior here is particularly defensible. The whole vibe was off last night (she was staring daggers during Bad Girl and the beginning of Vogue :rip:). It was really uncomfortable for her to speak to the crowd like this...she also yelled at a fan earlier in the show for talking and told him to "shut the **** up". 

I get that we as fans see multiple shows and watch clips of each city, but this wouldn't leave a good taste in my mouth if it was the one time I was seeing Madonna. I'd expect way more professionalism from her than this.

I think the long tour might be wearing on her, she's become more irate lately. Putting that poor person on blast for not paying attention to her the other day was not cool.

35 minutes ago, Alongoria13 said:

The venue is indoors and capacity is 17k. AC will be on.

I feel sorry for the fans last night that paid so much money and got to see a pissed off Madonna. 

1 hour ago, narid said:

Yeah, I just watched her speech before Express Yourself from last night and she accused whomever's in charge of AC of not caring about her health. I don't think it's a temperature thing with her.

ruh roh

giphy-downsized-large.gif 

• Haha 1

I remember it got really hot in the arena after the segments with pyrotechnics :katie:

She has the biggest show of her career in a month, she wants to ensure she's in top form I guess

Edited by Alongoria13
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, .Odyssey. said:

it's the staff that needs to be professional. she asked for the AC to be off and they kept it on. this is very bad for her voice, and she's already having problems with her throat. she was coughing from the AC. you're lucky you're not one of those people who have a soar throat from it, but it can be very painful and annoying, especially when you use your voice.

she talked about her health and how people don't seem to give a ****. and what if she performs in Rio and has to lip synch or show her weak voice because these staff members didn't turn off the AC?

also, the fans on social media praised the show

Edited by wanderlust
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, wanderlust said:

it's the staff that needs to be professional. she asked for the AC to be off and they kept it on. this is very bad for her voice, and she's already having problems with her throat. she was coughing from the AC. you're lucky you're not one of those people who have a soar throat from it, but it can be very painful and annoying, especially when you use your voice.

she talked about her health and how people don't seem to give a ****. and what if she performs in Rio and has to lip synch or show her weak voice because these staff members didn't turn off the AC?

Well then why does no other major vocalist keep the arena at sweltering conditions for their voice? Her voice is so fragile that it's gone if the AC is on? Oh please :rip:

Okay, glad there are some positive tweets, most of the people around me at the show who were actual attendees seemed uncomfortable with these moments in the show. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, .Odyssey. said:

Well then why does no other major vocalist keep the arena at sweltering conditions for their voice? Her voice is so fragile that it's gone if the AC is on? Oh please :rip:

Actually some people don't react that well to the AC in general. When the AC is on for me typically my throat hurts for the rest of the day. 

maybe she doesn't deal well with it?

The CeleBERATION Tour indeed :jonnycat:

Good thing she has 4 days to heal her garganta between Austin and CDMX

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

People like Whitney and Aretha ask for no AC because they sing full out each night. I don't see how that applies to Madonna no shade.

I'm sad the tour is ending but she seems to be quite snippy they past few dates...so perhaps its good its ending soon. LOL

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, wanderlust said:

:ryan3:

Edited by NoAngelus

1 hour ago, Jay07 said:

Putting that poor person on blast for not paying attention to her the other day was not cool.

If you're referring to the Atlanta show when she called out that guy for not putting his light on, he was in my section down a few rows from me and he was having a great time with it. Laughed through the whole exchange. He was also incredibly intoxicated LMAO

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Everyone has a different health issue. She just came back from serious health scare.

She almost died.

She doesn't feel well in ac.

She doesn't have to be compared with other divas because they have all different health issues and conditions.

She can be pissed off because the show operation was not going her way. She's the master of the night. 

We all know she can be fishy when she gets angry.

Back in the day, some could have been fired. Weve seen the 90s truth or dare drama.

:gaydonnacat1:

Edited by thequeenofpopmadonna

2 hours ago, Alongoria13 said:

1 hour ago, Richie.Valdez said:

The venue is indoors and capacity is 17k. AC will be on.

I feel sorry for the fans last night that paid so much money and got to see a pissed off Madonna. 

Now I don't remember how was the temperature last time she performed in Mx City, but I'm sure the AC should be ON at a not so cool temperature at least, because of the lights and everything. I once heard a tech guy say that lights and all the electric stuff backstage and under the satge make the room feel boiling hot and need to be at a cool room temperature otherwise they would malfunction.

She had no AC policy since the 2000s where have yall been. :rip: I'm gen z and I know this. 

But yeah, at the end of the day you're getting paid millions to do this show, suck it up and do what you have to do backstage. Making the audience feel awkward is never the goal as a performer. 

4 hours ago, .Odyssey. said:

Okay, glad there are some positive tweets, most of the people around me at the show who were actual attendees seemed uncomfortable with these moments in the show. 

what? artists are notorious for asking that. have you never seen any old interviews with Aretha Franklin? this is very common and what professionals ask.

4 hours ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

People like Whitney and Aretha ask for no AC because they sing full out each night. I don't see how that applies to Madonna no shade.

I'm sad the tour is ending but she seems to be quite snippy they past few dates...so perhaps its good its ending soon. LOL

so you're part of the luckier group who can handle the AC being on. Personally, I can't tolerate it either as it literally makes me feel SICK, and I imagine as a singer it's so much harder. and anyway, you or anyone else has no right to say what she should be able to cope with as you don't feel what she feels. it's a simple request and a common standard for a SINGER.

This AC discussion bores me to tears 

• Like 1

In huge places like an arena, normally a strong air exchanger is enough to keep the temperature reasonably fresh without A/C, at least in recent constructions 

• Like 1

If the Queen wants the AC off, then turn the f*cking AC off.

That's it.

You don't talk back or ask questions.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.