Madonna - The Celebration Tour | More Than 1.5 Million People @ Mega-Concert in Rio

Sergi91

God bless Madonna for getting daddy Harbour on stage as the Vogue judge :jonny2:

• Like 1

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris

• tiagol88

• Alongoria13

• Hiatus

7 minutes ago, Hurem said:

God bless Madonna for getting daddy Harbour on stage as the Vogue judge :jonny2:

When that dancer was straddling him :clap::deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, Jjang said:

3rd Miami date is… :suburban: What were they thinking adding it so last minute? 

The 10 other remaining dates are 100% sold out so it balances things out. 

They will sell a bunch of tix as it gets closer. Remember Pittsburgh and St Paul? They looked scarily empty until the day of the show. Plus she's HUGE in Miami so it won't be an issue. Still though - not sure why they added a 3rd date so late 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The7thStranger said:

I thought he hated her. :chick2:

He is a bitter old queen with insecure whim. Let him keep changing.

Does anyone else get the sense that there's some finality with this tour, now that she's added Take a Bow at the end? I know it's not her style to ever announce a farewell tour, but the closer we get to the end of this tour, the more it feels like this is it.

It'd be iconic for her last concert to be the Rio show with 2 million plus people if this really is the end of her touring career.

I guess I just don't see where she goes from here. I doubt she rolls out another greatest hits tour, but she's also probably saturated the touring market for the time being and wouldn't be able to quickly move tickets for a new album. We'll see.

7 minutes ago, .Odyssey. said:

Does anyone else get the sense that there's some finality with this tour, now that she's added Take a Bow at the end? I know it's not her style to ever announce a farewell tour, but the closer we get to the end of this tour, the more it feels like this is it.

It'd be iconic for her last concert to be the Rio show with 2 million plus people if this really is the end of her touring career.

I guess I just don't see where she goes from here. I doubt she rolls out another greatest hits tour, but she's also probably saturated the touring market for the time being and wouldn't be able to quickly move tickets for a new album. We'll see.

Nah she'll be back. She would have labeled this as a farewell tour so she could go out with a bang. I have a strong feeling she will extend the tour into next year actually. 

• Like 5

Just now, Oktober Knight said:

Nah she'll be back. She would have labeled this as a farewell tour so she could go out with a bang. I have a strong feeling she will extend the tour into next year actually. 

I hope so. I'm hoping she does a fairly substantial revamp and tightens up the flow a bit so that the storyline is a little clearer. Bring back the Hard Candy section. End with Music. Move Hung Up to the Veronica Electronica section. Do Like a Virgin live. Tweak the western section a bit. 

It feels like there's opportunity to make this show even better before she films it and presents it as the definitive Madonna retrospective. 

2 hours ago, Jjang said:

3rd Miami date is… :suburban: What were they thinking adding it so last minute? 

The 10 other remaining dates are 100% sold out so it balances things out. 

You said that about multiple other dates and they all did well lmao.

12 minutes ago, .Odyssey. said:

I will keep saying Rio won't be the end of this tour. That's all. :-*

• Like 2

Just now, tiagol88 said:

You said that about multiple other dates and they all did well lmao.

I will keep saying Rio won't be the end of this tour. That's all. :-*

Ohhhhhh? :-* Maybe this will be the proper kick off to the rereleases and what not. 

What do you know sis?

2 hours ago, Jjang said:

The 10 other remaining dates are 100% sold out

Are they?

:suburban:

8 minutes ago, .Odyssey. said:

I'm hoping she does a fairly substantial revamp and tightens up the flow a bit so that the storyline is a little clearer. Bring back the Hard Candy section. End with Music. Move Hung Up to the Veronica Electronica section.

Oh there are a couple of things she can revamp.

:)

Just now, Chris said:

Oh there are a couple of things she can revamp.

She could open AND close the show with the Die Another Day performance :) She can do a finale performance of it while the heat system in the venue kicks on and audience members collapse all around her due to which she can only presume must be due to how good her vocals sound without the AC going.

What would you change sis?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, .Odyssey. said:

What would you change sis?

Well since you asked......

Let's see.....

1.) She needs to get rid of Burning Up. Let's start off with that. She has no reason, business, or purpose including that song. Burning Up was fine where she left it at Rebel Heart Tour (which was one of the highlights imo especially arrangement wise).

2.) Maybe she can have a better outfit during Act 1. I understand story wise she didn't have sh/t starting out and she was struggling but I don't care tbh :michael:

3.) Let's see.....oh lord the Blonde Ambition section......first and foremost what she needs to do is go on stage, create a blazing inferno, take off that NASTY blonde wig perched on her scalp and that horrendous red outfit and knee pads, and toss them all into the inferno :) 

4.) Please please PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE either get rid of Hung Up or do some rearranging. It needs to be rearranged choreographically and it wouldn't hurt to have prerecorded vocals for this song to protect our ears :suburban: Who the hell arranged that entire performance and styled her like that? It's like they want to purposefully humiliate her.

5.) Erotica could use some better choreography and maybe use some like current prerecorded vocals. I liked the whole concept of it but again whoever arranged this performance, like what are you doing?

6.) Justify My Love again gets kind of bleh imo after a while. She can drop that.

7.) Oh I forgot, that Papa Don't Preach outro during Erotica........please get rid of it. 

8.) Since I am rambling let me keep it short and to the point: PLEASE get rid of Human Nature, Crazy For You can be included in a different section, and Don't Tell Me....eh.......

9.) Mother and Father can go too.

10.) Please have a better closing outfit, include Music as the closer, and get rid of B/tch I'm Medoner.

That is all. Sorry for the rant.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chris said:

Let's see.....

1.) She needs to get rid of Burning Up. Let's start off with that. She has no reason, business, or purpose including that song. Burning Up was fine where she left it at Rebel Heart Tour (which was one of the highlights imo especially arrangement wise).

2.) Maybe she can have a better outfit during Act 1. I understand story wise she didn't have sh/t starting out and she was struggling but I don't care tbh :michael:

3.) Let's see.....oh lord the Blonde Ambition section......first and foremost what she needs to do is go on stage, create a blazing inferno, take off that NASTY blonde wig perched on her scalp and that horrendous red outfit and knee pads, and toss them all into the inferno :) 

4.) Please please PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE either get rid of Hung Up or do some rearranging. It needs to be rearranged choreographically and it wouldn't hurt to have prerecorded vocals for this song to protect our ears :suburban: Who the hell arranged that entire performance and styled her like that? It's like they want to purposefully humiliate her.

5.) Erotica could use some better choreography and maybe use some like current prerecorded vocals. I liked the whole concept of it but again whoever arranged this performance, like what are you doing?

6.) Justify My Love again gets kind of bleh imo after a while. She can drop that.

7.) Oh I forgot, that Papa Don't Preach outro during Erotica........please get rid of it. 

8.) Since I am rambling let me keep it short and to the point: PLEASE get rid of Human Nature, Crazy For You can be included in a different section, and Don't Tell Me....eh.......

10.) Please have a better closing outfit, include Music as the closer, and get rid of B/tch I'm Medoner.

I'm sorry, did you even like the show? You dragged the entire concert :biblio:

• Haha 3

if we're talking about things we'd change, I would add:

-do full versions of La Isla Bonita and Crazy For You (Don't Cry For Me Argentina works well as a teaser so I don't really care if it gets the full treatment and likewise I don't care too much about Human Nature anymore). La Isla Bonita got one of the loudest audience responses at every show I went to.

-add Music somewhere (in the story of Madonna's career, it'd be fitting to have it in place of, or after, Take a Bow, but I could see it working well in the encore)

-most important, hire a live band. Though, she's complained about overhead and I can see her wanting to cut corners. I imagine she probably doesn't feel like she needs a band for this show.

I saw the die another day performance 4 times and was bored each time :rip: She loves Burning Up, but Lucky Star would be such a crowd pleaser. Hung Up and La Isla Bonita should be longer. Justify My Love, Mother and Father and Don't Cry For Me Argentina would be the songs I cut, unless JML was given a better remix. It still really bothers me ***** I'm Madonna builds up so much, and idc it's a great performance,

her to then thank the dancers and Bob and just dance around to a terrible Music/Celebration mix. At least sing it for a minute! It's fun to see her have fun, but also I want a better finale lol.  

Yeah agree that Burning Up needs to go, she should replace it with Lucky Star or Material Girl, it would fits the 80's section better

I think the arrangements for Like a Prayer are kinda disappointing, the intro is ok but when the song starts it feels flat, it has a huge potential of being a up tempo banger

I still think Girl Gone Wild and 4 Minutes have their place somewhere between Erotica and Bad Girl

Hung Up needs to continue after the bridge, it builds up to nothing, people wanted more 

Express Yourself in its original version is needed right after Vogue

La Isla Bonita needs to be longer

Like a Virgin and Music must be performed in the finale section

Just some thoughts, the tour is overall one of her best

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Are they?

The 5 Mexican shows are total sold out

Tampa is completely sold out since months 

The two first Miami shows are sold out too

Austin shows are like 90%, only some obstructed views tickets are left and a couple expensive on the second show

Changes I would make:

Swap Burning Up for Lucky Star or Borderline. I know that BU relates to her just starting out as a musician but those other songs will get the crowd going more. 

Papa Don't Preach actually performed in full (something she hasn't done since 1990).

Shorten Justify My Love. It's more like an interlude anyway and it gets boring after 2 mins. 

Move Hung Up towards the end after ROL. 

Human Nature must go - it's overdone and why does it always have to be performed attached to Vogue? Material Girl would make much better sense in the ballroom section. 

Die Another Day has no business being there - it's a forgotten song and the crowd didn't really seem enthused. I would put Music in its place to properly launch the cowbow section. 

Mother and Father ABSOLUTELY needs to go. Only like 5% of the crowd even knows this hidden album track. Replace it with a western version of 4 Minutes instead. 

Extend La Isla Bonita at least until the bridge verse. 

Keep swapping out the final ballad between Rain/Frozen/Take A Bow night after night. 

***** I'm Madonna is too lackluster as a closer. Ditch the LAV/Billie Jean interlude and perform LAV as the encore instead. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Chris said:

Let's see.....

I actually agree with everything here :suburban:

Hung Up in particular is an atrocity. I got secondhand awkwardness from it on opening night. It's such whiplash given the show follows a natural chronological storyline until then. The performance itself is so anticlimactic too. Hung Up deserves so much better, hence why I want to see her do it in the cunty long blonde wig and bodysuit outfit. It should close the last section before the encore.

21 minutes ago, BradySpears said:

I saw the die another day performance 4 times and was bored each time :rip: She loves Burning Up, but Lucky Star would be such a crowd pleaser. Hung Up and La Isla Bonita should be longer. Justify My Love, Mother and Father and Don't Cry For Me Argentina would be the songs I cut, unless JML was given a better remix. It still really bothers me ***** I'm Madonna builds up so much, and idc it's a great performance,

her to then thank the dancers and Bob and just dance around to a terrible Music/Celebration mix. At least sing it for a minute! It's fun to see her have fun, but also I want a better finale lol.  

You were bored with DAD?! :biblio: It's one of the best performances! Agreed with Lucky Star, it's overdue a performance and would work better than Burning Up (which I'm sorry, most non-Madonna fans don't know). Justify My Love should be the original song or an upbeat mix like the one I posted a few pages back. 

The finale is abysmal. It's embarrassingly bad. It takes a show that's a 9 / 10 up until that point to a solid 7. I can't believe that's how she closes the show, and a retrospective show of her's deserves better. 

10 minutes ago, MP3 said:

Yeah agree that Burning Up needs to go, she should replace it with Lucky Star or Material Girl, it would fits the 80's section better

I think the arrangements for Like a Prayer are kinda disappointing, the intro is ok but when the song starts it feels flat, it has a huge potential of being a up tempo banger

I still think Girl Gone Wild and 4 Minutes have their place somewhere between Erotica and Bad Girl

Hung Up needs to continue after the bridge, it builds up to nothing, people wanted more 

Express Yourself in its original version is needed right after Vogue

La Isla Bonita needs to be longer

Like a Virgin and Music must be performed in the finale section

Just some thoughts, the tour is overall one of her best

I actually love the Like A Prayer performance, it's my favorite incarnation of the song :rip: But get what you're saying, it should be a bigger show highlight.

I'm sorry, but it's ridiculous she's not doing Like a Virgin or Music. Those are staples and should be in the show, even if she doesn't like them. 

I'm fine with Girl Gone Wild being left out, as much as I like it, but 4 Minutes feels appropriate somewhere in the electronica section as part of her spiritual reawakening. Maybe do a more electro mix of it.

Oh, and Mother and Father is silly, take it out. Do Oh Father or Promise to Try there instead. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

Changes I would make:

Swap Burning Up for Lucky Star or Borderline. I know that BU relates to her just starting out as a musician but those other songs will get the crowd going more. 

Papa Don't Preach actually performed in full (something she hasn't done since 1990).

Shorten Justify My Love. It's more like an interlude anyway and it gets boring after 2 mins. 

Move Hung Up towards the end after ROL. 

Human Nature must go - it's overdone and why does it always have to be performed attached to Vogue? Material Girl would make much better sense in the ballroom section. 

Die Another Day has no business being there - it's a forgotten song and the crowd didn't really seem enthused. I would put Music in its place to properly launch the cowbow section. 

Mother and Father ABSOLUTELY needs to go. Only like 5% of the crowd even knows this hidden album track. Replace it with a western version of 4 Minutes instead. 

Extend La Isla Bonita at least until the bridge verse. 

Keep swapping out the final ballad between Rain/Frozen/Take A Bow night after night. 

***** I'm Madonna is too lackluster as a closer. Ditch the LAV/Billie Jean interlude and perform LAV as the encore instead. 

Did you like the show?

:biblio:

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, .Odyssey. said:

Oh, and Mother and Father is silly, take it out. Do Oh Father or Promise to Try there instead. 

When I first saw it on the setlist I wasn't sure at all but live in person it was great musically, but nobody knows that song, only the hard fans, so it could be put aside, but I enjoyed it nevertheless

Tbh the only real missing songs are Music, Like a Virgin and Express Yourself

Also, Ray of Light....

I don't like her on that floating platform up there.

The arrangement is AMAZING, lights and visuals are amazing....

M however GET your ass down from there please.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Why do people want Like a Virgin?

:skull:

I'd rather have Deeper and Deeper instead.

Or Express Yourself.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chris said:

Why do people want Like a Virgin?

:skull:

I'd rather have Deeper and Deeper instead.

Or Express Yourself.

Like a Virgin is truly a defining moment in her career, every woman today from 50 to 65 y/o can strongly remember that moment from their teens years! Don't get me wrong it's not my favourite song from her at all, but missing it on a tour is a mistake I think.. Ask any woman in front of the arena before the show what song they wanna hear and I'm sure 9 out 10 will say Like a Virgin

Her career started from there

Edited by MP3
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.