Kelela - 'Raven'

Darkseid

7 minutes ago, Touch It said:

I actually was thinking the same thing about Renaissance :jonny: both have such sick and smooth transitions and bring you into their own worlds

we see each other :heart2:

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ice Cream Skies

• theblackestday

• est. in 90s

• Contessa

• ATRL Moderator
17 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

The fact I've been listening to this for 2 years now, at least we know it's gonne stay fresh for times to come

c'mon subtle flex

yeah aoty clearly. caroline should pack her bags

“Missed Call” snatch my wig this morning on my drive to work. WOWWW. 

I have to listen again but this album is amazing. “Raven” gave me chills. 

I love the song that referenced “Blue Light”. 

ugh Kelela. 😭😭😭🔥🔥🔥🔥

oh she ate this up 

Kelalites, I've listened about 4 times all the way through (in the office...), but it aint hitting for me :chick3: 

I do love the way it all washes over you, but harder for me to find a standout

Honestly, maybe I need to wait till nighttime (my time :gaycat2:) with a bl*nt 

Edited by TYMPS

20 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

Almost forgot this is out tonight, go mother

The fact I've been listening to this for 2 years now, at least we know it's gonne stay fresh for times to come

the fact you keep humiliating us. but not 2 ******* yearssssssssss

like she can release this in 2050 because this surely will stand the test of time like TMA

hope she's already started K3 because if that's get done this year in 2025 we can listen to it.

3 hours ago, Kaizen said:

“Missed Call” snatch my wig this morning on my drive to work. WOWWW. 

I have to listen again but this album is amazing. “Raven” gave me chills. 

I love the song that referenced “Blue Light”. 

ugh Kelela. 😭😭😭🔥🔥🔥🔥

YESSSSSSS I LOVE MISSED CALL

didn't expect there to be no filler on such a long album, even the intro grew on me a lot :giraffe:

wish Raven kicked in earlier but it's still the best on the album :jonny2:

also love Happy Ending, Contact, Fooley, Bruises and Divorce 

Beautiful album,  great mixture of dance and low tempo ambient sounds along with her lovely voice. :clap3:Contact is definitely my favorite track. 

the run from Fooley to Sorbet is something else z7VSdPi.gif title track is my fave so far I fear

I also love the drum n bass girls aka Happy Ending, Missed Call & Contact. On the Run is also a bop. H1ydspV.gif

also for some reason Far Away is doing something new to me after a few plays z7VSdPi.gif

the album definitely drags a little bit imo but wow… the first five tracks are PERFECTION back to back

the album definitely does not drag at all and wow... the first fifteen tracks are PERFECTION back to back

In the bath after some oui’d and she’s absolutely doing the damn thing.

It is such a pleasure to get lost in a world by Kelela. 

Raven might be her best song ever. Let me just note how rare it is that an artist pulls off a title track.

More generally, obsessed with the transitions.

Words cannot describe how I felt listening to this album, what a luxurious experience. Mind you I was on the bus back home from work while listening to it so it wasn't the ideal scenario but my second listen will surely be in the dark with blaring headphones so I can fully immerse myself in this atmosphere.

Singles are still amazing, Contact makes so much sense in its placement on the album. Missed Call and Closure are delightful highlights, Raven leading to Bruises is already THE moment of the year, I was not expecting Fooley and Holier to snatch me the way they did with the amazing dark vibe they bring.

Another thing about this is I absolutely love the way she builds up the momentum in the songs, when you are finally understanding the vibes of the songs she goes and starts inserting the techno beats and it's so transcending.

God, I could spend all day talking about this but definitely my album of the year so far. Amazing counterpart to TMA.

Just listened! My fave tracks:

On the Run

Missed Call

Bruises

Enough for Love