Miley Cyrus - 'Endless Summer Vacation'

despy

4 minutes ago, Wonderland said:

They should've pushed Jaded as the second single. I think that will go down as the big mistake of the era.

I understand they were probably wanting to push River because it shows the variety within the album better but this was a big missed opportunity for a second smash out the gate.

River still could've had a moment but probably as a era closer/fan favourite.

I think I might agree. :bird:

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Miley Cyrus

• wish

• despy

• Walk_Away21

Handstand is the only song I’m replaying :rip:

This says more about my mental health than the album itself

river deserves to be #1 for 15 weeks

26 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

SOOO

I think the album is super polarizing, and I didn't really enjoy it on first listen, but I'm really starting to like it.  I don't think I knew what to think about it at first

Interesting… I felt the opposite tbh. There are two/three tracks on there that are a just but weird/polarizing but most of the album sounds digestible… at-least to me 

29 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

SOOO

I think the album is super polarizing, and I didn't really enjoy it on first listen, but I'm really starting to like it.  I don't think I knew what to think about it at first

I had the exact same experience. The difference between my first & second listens was :jonny:. I think the first time I set myself up for disappointment knowing she wasn’t going to top Plastic Hearts

Tried to get into the album, but it’s just not enjoyable. The only track I like is Island and it’s solely because the production and vocals aren’t overdoing it.

You’d think that after Flowers’ success that she’d understand less is more, but we’re getting clunky lyrics, weird mixing, and inconsistent vocal tones on nearly every track (‘You’ alone is just :rip:). It’s almost fake advertising to have Flowers be on here and the rest of the album is entirely different. If it isn’t Miley husking and shouting, it’s the production doing it for her.

In terms of release strategy, I still don’t think they made any mistakes. The ‘mysterious and quiet’ thing is fine, but the quality has to be there for it to work. Enough people know she has an album out for at least 1 song to go viral, or even a music video. But nobody cares to share/discuss it when there’s no songs to warrant that. The River video is also seizure-like with its editing and still her social posts aren’t being optimized (why do we still not have a regular TikTok of her just talking about or singing the music? These edited Disney+ clips and music video snippets don’t work on such a personal app).

PH was her catchiest album with a clear vision, simple lyrics, and clean production. The rock thing helped, but at the end of the day, people want easy songs with melodies they can remember. I really don’t understand how all of that got thrown out the window here.

9 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

THAT SONIC BLIP AT :23 IS GIVING EARGASM @ChrisTheLoner

qW82HKa.gif

YASSSSSSSSS

qW82HKa.gif

44 minutes ago, rcksluke said:

don't drag me and let me be delusional

cleaners12ilsry.gif

Oop

cleaners12ilsry.gif

8 minutes ago, pika said:

Tried to get into the album, but it’s just not enjoyable. The only track I like is Island and it’s solely because the production and vocals aren’t overdoing it.

You’d think that after Flowers’ success that she’d understand less is more, but we’re getting clunky lyrics, weird mixing, and inconsistent vocal tones on nearly every track (‘You’ alone is just :rip:). It’s almost fake advertising to have Flowers be on here and the rest of the album is entirely different. If it isn’t Miley husking and shouting, it’s the production doing it for her.

In terms of release strategy, I still don’t think they made any mistakes. The ‘mysterious and quiet’ thing is fine, but the quality has to be there for it to work. Enough people know she has an album out for at least 1 song to go viral, or even a music video. But nobody cares to share/discuss it when there’s no songs to warrant that. The River video is also seizure-like with its editing and still her social posts aren’t being optimized (why do we still not have a regular TikTok of her just talking about or singing the music? These edited Disney+ clips and music video snippets don’t work on such a personal app).

PH was her catchiest album with a clear vision, simple lyrics, and clean production. The rock thing helped, but at the end of the day, people want easy songs with melodies they can remember. I really don’t understand how all of that got thrown out the window here.

I agree with every single word :ducky:

22 minutes ago, Onion Girl said:

river deserves to be #1 for 15 weeks

KO these haters with facts Miss Onion!

cleaners12ilsry.gif

Just now, brooklyndaddy said:

Everything after Violet Chemistry could have been scrapped tbh

Oh my... @CottageHore END her. Wildcard and Island are masterpieces.

cleaners12ilsry.gif

• ATRL Moderator

I think the album is good, but could have been so much better.  

Jaded is on repeat. Is it too late for them to push it as the next single 

Spoiler

And cancel River?

Edited by ImsoLOUD

1 hour ago, ToraeGilt said:

How did her team not think to push jaded as a the second single? It’s obviously the smash of the album. She SKATED on it. That track alone literally pushed me to listen to her other albums… 

Seems like they’re testing the water with that too. Both River and Jaded got placements on NMF playlists. 

3 minutes ago, brooklyndaddy said:

Everything after Violet Chemistry could have been scrapped tbh

Not when Island, River, Headstand, Gold Crested Glasses, and Thousand Miles are right there! :redface: 

It’s a vibey album, I fear. A grower, not a shower. I was bored by it at first and now it’s coursing through my veins as we speak. Oprah Winfrey Concert GIF by CBS

5 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

Not when Island, River, Headstand, Gold Crested Glasses, and Thousand Miles are right there! :redface: 

It’s a vibey album, I fear. A grower, not a shower. I was bored by it at first and now it’s coursing through my veins as we speak. Oprah Winfrey Concert GIF by CBS

Growers are way betta than a shower aren't they? :nicole:

Edited by rcksluke

2 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

Only deaf people could possibly dislike Headstand and River 

10 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Oh my... @CottageHore END her. Wildcard and Island are masterpieces.

cleaners12ilsry.gif

I wish Wildcard was… finished and mixed properly. Had so much potential. I like most of Island but the chorus gives Phineas and Ferb song 

I see a trend in huge mainstream pop albums these days - Harry’s House, Midnights and now Endless Summer Vacay. The songs almost purposedly blend together. They’re anti-attention grabbing. Nobody’s gonna turn their head around when hearing any of these songs - which means nobody will skip them in a playlist either. It strives to work as “chill” background music that offends the least amount of people possible. It’s not too up-beat, but it’s not too slow either. It’s not really modern, and it’s not really retro, so as to appeal to the most people possible. I can’t say I like it. Can’t say I hate it either though. It’s just… Meh.

4 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

Jaded is on repeat. Is it too late for them to push it as the next single 

Hide contents

And cancel River?

It's not too late, but Jaded would need to have noticeably larger numbers before they make a move and change it

That OR River needs to flop first :shutup: 

Heart beats so loud that it’s drowning me OUT

living in an april shower

Oprah Winfrey Concert GIF by CBS

• ATRL Moderator

Just wrapping up my first listen and this album mid af. She went from an album with NO skips to... this? :)

But I'll keep listening and see if it's a grower. Island, Wildcard, and Thousand Miles seemed OK.