I'm still .... that she won't do ANY promo. I-

she just released an entire concert special on disney+ lmao

that's not promo?

the 1-2-3-4 punch of Handstand, River, Violet Chemistry and Muddy Feet :clap3:

Edited by hallucinate

Just now, Material Girl said:

she just released an entire concert special on disney+ lmao

that's not promo?

For an album release? She hasn't doen any promo since the NYE. The only promotion this album is having is a special at a flop streaming plataform. Groundbreaking

Just now, rcksluke said:

For an album release? She hasn't doen any promo since the NYE. The only promotion this album is having is a special at a flop streaming plataform. Groundbreaking

disney+ is literally the biggest streaming platform what are you talking about

they have more subscribers than netflix. it's major promo

5 minutes ago, wish said:

i fear i'm gonna be perched in here until River cracks the top 100

cleaners12ilsry.gif

it's not looking too good for you i fear

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Material Girl said:

disney+ is literally the biggest streaming platform what are you talking about

they have more subscribers than netflix. it's major promo

They literally lost millions of subscribers as recent reports  :toofunny3:

Just now, rcksluke said:

They literally lost millions of subscribers as recent reports  :toofunny3:

you're being dense on purpose bc you know you're wrong :rip: 

disney special, brand new music video, cover of TTH, great playlisting. "no promo" is just a flat out lie

17 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Not understanding the disappointment and meltdowns in here, the album might have longevity and regardless she already won hard with Flowers

Other girls are lacking smash hits rn, so the fact she bagged one of the biggest this decade is more than good enough

Yes longevity is key.

How did her team not think to push jaded as a the second single? It’s obviously the smash of the album. She SKATED on it. That track alone literally pushed me to listen to her other albums… 

Second half of the album is full of bops :WAP:

Wow!!! Miley totally delivered!! Loved it!!

i loved island!! and sia’s ooh ooh MMMM at the end of muddy feet!! oh and also the first verse of river

Edited by jjmed59

20 minutes ago, Material Girl said:

you're being dense on purpose bc you know you're wrong :rip: 

disney special, brand new music video, cover of TTH, great playlisting. "no promo" is just a flat out lie

Exactly, I can't at some of the gworls still whining "no promo!!1!!" when it's literally right there :giraffe:

Promo is different in the streaming era, it's not about going to 500 talk shows anymore and Columbia knows more what they're doing than yall lbr

cleaners12ilsry.gif

She was great on the Disney+ show, I think I'll appreciate more of the songs now after that.

10 minutes ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

Exactly, I can't at some of the gworls still whining "no promo!!1!!" when it's literally right there :giraffe:

Promo is different in the streaming era, it's not about going to 500 talk shows anymore and Columbia knows more what they're doing than yall lbr

cleaners12ilsry.gif

don't drag me and let me be delusional

cleaners12ilsry.gif

27 minutes ago, ToraeGilt said:

How did her team not think to push jaded as a the second single? It’s obviously the smash of the album. She SKATED on it. That track alone literally pushed me to listen to her other albums… 

Flowers is still smashing. River is her Physical. The real next single is coming in 2 months.

this album omfg.. such a vibeeee. 

for me Rose colored lenses, island & flowers truly capture the vibe of the album. 

it feels so summery & fresh and positive yet still kind of dark and sexy.

Sia was perfect on Muddy Feat tbh i was nervous how it was gonna work out. 

although i loved it from first listen i still think the tracks i didn’t like a lot will grow on me for sure. :heart:

The harry producers’ touch is showing too, it’s very similar to Harry’s house in terms of production, but it has more edge to it. 

also i’m seeing all the meltdowns for the apple music updates, i think she’s doing fine, the album is doing really good and already outdoing all her previous albums, that alone is enough of an achievement. plus flowers is already a huge win for her. :celestial4: 

SOOO

I think the album is super polarizing, and I didn't really enjoy it on first listen, but I'm really starting to like it.  I don't think I knew what to think about it at first

Edited by Lose My Breath

4 hours ago, Lose My Breath said:

I'm sadly disappointed in the album, like majorly. 

I think the only track I like is Jaded and MAYBE Rose Colored Glasses

2 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

I'm really starting to like it. 

Not you switching in record time :deadbanana2:

Just now, wish said:

Not you switching in record time :deadbanana2:

Did you not read the rest of my post, though :rip:

It wasn't what I expected, at all, and I didn't really receive it well at first, I had to kind of let it sink it a bit

1 minute ago, Lose My Breath said:

Did you not read the rest of my post, though :rip:

It wasn't what I expected, at all, and I didn't really receive it well at first, I had to kind of let it sink it a bit

Yes nn it was just funny, I'm noticing a lot of people switching on the album upon second listen (including myself)

5 hours ago, wish said:

Omg hey sis :heart2: and completely agreed

I was staying lowkey on release day because I didn't want to be the party pooper. The album is so underwhelming to me, sis. :cries:

ESV is objectively not bad, but I'm not really feeling the music direction she had for this one. Songs like River and VC are good, but they feel like they were meant for a side project or some sort of Ashley O moment, not a Miley album. I'm not feeling the moments that her voice takes the back seat to the production here too. Said that, it's growing on me and there's several great tracks that I'm listening on repeat.

They should've pushed Jaded as the second single. I think that will go down as the big mistake of the era.

I understand they were probably wanting to push River because it shows the variety within the album better but this was a big missed opportunity for a second smash out the gate.

River still could've had a moment but probably as a era closer/fan favourite.

Just now, Scars said:

I was staying lowkey on release day because I didn't want to be the party pooper. The album is so underwhelming to me, sis. :cries:

ESV is objectively not bad, but I'm not really feeling the music direction she had for this one. Songs like River and VC are good, but they feel like they were meant for a side project or some sort of Ashley O moment, not a Miley album. I'm not feeling the moments that her voice takes the back seat to the production here too. Said that, it's growing on me and there's several great tracks that I'm listening on repeat.

It's okay bestie, I substituted for you & was the party pooper instead :bibliahh:

I was also quite underwhelmed, but thankfully it grew on me so now it's just kinda... a mid-tier Miley album. Going from her best album (PH) to an average level album felt like a hard fall, but once I accepted it, I was able to further enjoy the pieces of the album that I do love.

Agree with what you're saying, I think instead of Miley taking a new aesthetic and making an album based upon it like she usually does, she tried to mix all of her sounds together in one album but she didn't quite execute it perfectly. There's definitely some questionable production/mixing choices too.

Hopefully it can continue to grow for you :hug: and hopefully we get more out of this era so we have more to enjoy