The Taylor Swift Discography Rate || Winner Revealed!

coney island is an excellent song but if it leaving makes the OrepHs seethe then it's a worthy sacrifice :hippo:

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Klein

• By the Water

1 minute ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Personal attacks now? Over a discog rate? Over me having a POV? :ahh:

Taylor was HATED during the end of 1989 and y’all don’t want to be reminded that reputation SAVED Taylor’s career. :zzz:

nnnn sorry sis I'm still struggling with the loss of Coney Island and the role you played in its loss :gaycat6:

Reputation did no such thing when in literally every metric it performed worse than 1989. Taylor's career wasn't over at the end of the 1989 era, she was just overexposed as all hell. Anything she released after she took time away would do some numbers, but it didn't save anything (see 21 to 25 as an example of this as well). 

Coney Island is fine, I don’t know what you all have against it. It got a solid 8.5 from me. :michael:

2 minutes ago, 1989 said:

Next: another single goes down 

IKYWT (Tragic Version) please 

Just now, wastedpotential said:

IKYWT (Tragic Version) please 

The way the rendition at the 1989 Tour CLEARS the album version front left right back and center. 

5 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

nnnn sorry sis I'm still struggling with the loss of Coney Island and the role you played in its loss :gaycat6:

Reputation did no such thing when in literally every metric it performed worse than 1989. Taylor's career wasn't over at the end of the 1989 era, she was just overexposed as all hell. Anything she released after she took time away would do some numbers, but it didn't save anything (see 21 to 25 as an example of this as well). 

I’d be scared to gamble just to know how any of her next albums would’ve faired if released after all the media backlash she’s had at the end of 1989 but reputation obviously thrived.

I just know she’s not gonna smash with IFTYE, Mad Woman, LSS, nor Vigilante Shh as hard as LWYMMD did.

I chose these songs as would-be lead singles considering the drama she had to address back then, had their parent albums been release post-1989.

Edited by Taylor fanboy

1 minute ago, 4Real said:

It's already out :gaycat7:

Oh mess that happened after I went to sleep last time 

0qzu0Km.gif

Tbh from the singles I think it's time for OOTW or LH to go. 

Mess I forgot Lover is still in... It should be this one. 

Edited by Klein

SiHHzHY.jpg

79. The Story Of Us - 7.604

Lovers(10): a_d_22, Bindi, JoanneActII, eli’s_rhythm, sparrowblue, Isaiah, SleepingTigers,

Haters(1): Taylor fanboy 

Comments:

eli’s_rhythm: The first proof Rocklor would work

Fifteen: if yall let the TV version flop i swear

wastedpotential: It was really quite unfortunate that this tanked as a single, since people don’t really see how great it really is.

Wasn’t The Chartun of Flop critically PANNED and commercially BOMBED? :deadbanana4:

Sparks God outlasting them all YET AGAIN. :clap3:

MEME out NEXT!

2 minutes ago, 1989 said:

SiHHzHY.jpg

79. The Story Of Us - 7.604

Lovers(10): a_d_22, Bindi, JoanneActII, eli’s_rhythm, sparrowblue, Isaiah, SleepingTigers,

Haters(1): Taylor fanboy 

Comments:

eli’s_rhythm: The first proof Rocklor would work

Fifteen: if yall let the TV version flop i swear

wastedpotential: It was really quite unfortunate that this tanked as a single, since people don’t really see how great it really is.

The way that this was her worst performing single on pop radio until The Joker And The Queen came about, despite this being excellence and that being garbage

Just now, 1989 said:

Next: a 1-2 folklore punch 

I'm scared :biblio:

14 minutes ago, 1989 said:
QQ0HPKc.jpg

80. Bigger Than The Whole Sky - 8.584

Lovers(10): KillingYourCareer, SleepingTigers, AbeHicks, MardinBeksloy, JoanneActII, State Of Grace., Ethereal Cat, Hunter_13, Supernatural, Bussea, Mr. Duff, Aiya, Holy Ground, NordicGuy,

Haters(1): jacklovesyou1, Taylor fanboy

Is that score right? Wouldn’t it be a 7?

Still. Decent placement for this song… happy with the eliminations thus far

If any songs from folklore deserved to leave now (none deserves it though), it would be 'the 1' and 'peace'. 

Just now, Taylor fanboy said:

Mad Woman and The Lakes I fear

Mad Woman is out.

I would suspect Seven and maybe Peace? Or Illicit Affairs?

1 minute ago, Peroxide said:

Mad Woman is out.

I would suspect Seven and maybe Peace? Or Illicit Affairs?

Hoax and The Lakes, the most lukewarmly received among all the remaining… and then Betty.

Edited by Taylor fanboy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.