The Taylor Swift Discography Rate || Winner Revealed!

5 minutes ago, 1989 said:

Okay guys, today and tomorrow I won’t be able to post long reveals because I have some personal obligations, so I can either do two short (I mean short) reveals today and tomorrow and a long one Saturday, or two long ones Saturday and Sunday. Which would you all prefer? 

Personally I think you’ve earned yourself a break. I’m good with waiting till the weekend.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Klein

• By the Water

Hey, will we have a summary of the results of this rate available once it's finished, with data of how many people participated, etc? Are the results compared to pasts rates pre-Midnights/TVs?  :smile:

Edit: Nvm, I didn't notice the following posts to the first one are getting updated with this

Edited by Teneo

8 minutes ago, 1989 said:

Okay guys, today and tomorrow I won’t be able to post long reveals because I have some personal obligations, so I can either do two short (I mean short) reveals today and tomorrow and a long one Saturday, or two long ones Saturday and Sunday. Which would you all prefer? 

Take a break!

Saturday: go to top 25

Sunday: Top 25

8 minutes ago, 1989 said:

2 minutes ago, Peroxide said:

Personally I think you’ve earned yourself a break. I’m good with waiting till the weekend.

Co-signing this answer. 

+ we are getting to the top of the ranking, so I think taking the time to fully enjoy the reveal of the top 50 especially is a good thing. 

Just now, Teneo said:

Hey, will we have a summary of the results of this rate available once it's finished, with data of how many people participated, etc? Are the results compared to pasts rates pre-Midnights/TVs?  :smile:

I wanted to do some type of summary, yes. I’m not sure how to incorporate results of past rates simply because if I remember correctly, the last full discography rate was during the original Red era, around 2012-2013. I know we can view classic ATRL threads again, but I haven’t yet checked to see if all of the data is still there to view. 

But for this rate, yes, some type of summary will be done once it’s completed.

15 minutes ago, Miles. said:

And then I return this morning, hoping to see that at least some trash might have been taken out alongside it, but instead y'all punched The Last Time, IKYWT, and WONDERLAND!?!?  The darksided energy just got darker.

This tbh. Yesterday was traumatizing. 

Okay, thank you guys! So what we’ll do is Saturday we’ll go to the Top 30, and then Sunday will be the finale. 

I had originally planned on the Top 25 being the finale, but in reality we need the Top 30. 

2 minutes ago, 1989 said:

Okay, thank you guys! So what we’ll do is Saturday we’ll go to the Top 30, and then Sunday will be the finale. 

I had originally planned on the Top 25 being the finale, but in reality we need the Top 30. 

Perched :biblionny:

15 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

What's interesting to me about what we're seeing during this rate is that I actually didn't know there were many fans at all who didn't like tracks like Cowboy Like Me, and the same thing happened when State Of Grace's acoustic version was booted early with similar notes about it being boring or a chore. It's fascinating, because not only do I absolutely love both, but I also thought most of us were on the same page about them! There's a bit more diversity of thought in the Taylor listener base than I had thought, I suppose, and I already knew there were some sharp divides between groups (especially in regards to pop Taylor versus her other manifestations). Very interesting.

6 minutes ago, Peroxide said:

I completely get that.

I think it goes hand in hand with Taylor having so many (good) songs… I mean compared to girls like Gaga, Katy, Beyoncé her catalogue feels enormous - there’s much, much more to choose from.

With the exception of songs like All Too Well or Enchanted, I think everyone’s top 10 will look incredibly different and honestly, that’s probably a good thing.

Completely agree with you both. I find it wild how the opinions regarding Taylor's discography are diverse, even within the fanbase. Didn't realize that before this rate. 

16 hours ago, Lorenzo22 said:

number of remaining songs by album (up to #85)

taylor swift: 3/14 (21% still in)

fearless: 6/26 (23% still in)

speak now: 10/17 (59% still in)

red: 11/30 (37% still in)

1989: 7/16 (44% still in)

lover: 6/18 (33% still in)

folklore: 14/17 (82% still in)

evermore: 11/17 (65% still in)

midnights: 9/21 (43% still in)

It looks like these numbers add up to 83 songs remaining

Did we lose a song at some point :redface:

35 minutes ago, Icarus said:

there are songs on the “others” section left to be revealed :mandown:

Edited by Lorenzo22

1 hour ago, 1989 said:

I wanted to do some type of summary, yes. I’m not sure how to incorporate results of past rates simply because if I remember correctly, the last full discography rate was during the original Red era, around 2012-2013. I know we can view classic ATRL threads again, but I haven’t yet checked to see if all of the data is still there to view. 

But for this rate, yes, some type of summary will be done once it’s completed.

does this include an exposè of scores given? like a google sheet or something. i imagine alot of 7s given.

Not you guys suggesting a 55 song update for Saturday, it took 6(!) hours to reveal 40 songs last night :deadbanana2:

Take time for yourself bb you’ve been working hard these last few days. The weekend is fine!

43 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Not you guys suggesting a 55 song update for Saturday, it took 6(!) hours to reveal 40 songs last night :deadbanana2:

Yeah i think maybe like 20 songs tomorrow and then 35 saturday and 30 sunday, but if its not possible thats fine

18 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

eye- :) I think all the bolded are in my top 20 or so except maybe one

Agree with most of the others though especially August!

despite losing several masterpieces that I'm still mourning, many more are still in and I had to make space for them

it's her fault for having such an incredible discography, I unintentionally ended up with exactly 20 10+'s and still felt bad for leaving out 30 more that fell in the 9-9.9 territory :dies:

3 hours ago, Icarus said:

safe & sound is the 84th song

4 hours ago, 1989 said:

I'm getting worried regarding the last part :dancehall:

and thank you so much for taking the time to organize the rate, it's been a lot of fun and if a 54 positions reveal at once is too much then split the rest into 3 days instead of 2...

Edited by Michael196

4 hours ago, 1989 said:

Take the time lol

Those of us living in Europe need to catch up on sleep and go to bed at a reasonable hour :gaycat4:

18 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Take the time lol

Those of us living in Europe need to catch up on sleep and go to bed at a reasonable hour :gaycat4:

I was told Taylor has zero fans in Europe so please drop the act now  :gaycat4:

The weekend is better! Ill be here on Saturday around midnight (EU time) and on Sunday im free ,perfect :whistle2:

Weekend perfect for me too. Considering you guys are a day behind me.  

Yes @1989take your time, you've been great organizing it. Do you know around what time it'll be on Sat? I'd like to be on during the reveals since I couldn't make the last ones. :alexz3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.