The Taylor Swift Discography Rate || Winner Revealed!

come back.. be bore made it that high up :biblionny:

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Klein

• By the Water

5 hours ago, 1989 said:

XisQgAm.jpg

93. Paper Rings - 7.417

Lovers(10): Prison, KillingYourCareer, creativity., Tusk, a_d_22, The Argonaut, eli’s_rhythm, sanzo, Wolf Alice, jacobhalkohit, modern thing, 

Haters(1): Miles., feelslikeadream, =NEX=, Ken Lee, Taylor fanboy, By The Water,

Haters(0): TMRA 

Comments:

wastedpotential: The best part of this song is when she confirmed Joe as a stoner. Also that google trends screenshot of ‘Joe Alwyn’ going from 0 to 1 the night they met is so ******* funny.

TMRA: the worst song ive ever heard

I used to DESPISE this song but I think it’s so cute now :bird:

4 hours ago, 1989 said:
KL9yGAM.jpg

90. I Know Places - 7.469

Stans(11): Miles., 

Lovers(10): TMRA, Sanguine, SleepingTigers, creativity., a_d_22, MardinBeksloy, JoanneActII, inshadesofcool, Mr. Duff, wastedpotential, Holy Ground,

Haters(1): feelslikeadream, Taylor fanboy,

Haters(0): jacklovesyou1

Comments:

wastedpotential: Every few months I go on my ‘I Know Places should’ve been the sixth single’ crusade because this is another flawless pop smash waiting to happen. The ‘iiiiiiii’ vocal run in the chorus is incredibly catchy, the little intricate production details add so much character, and this is one of her most interesting melodic patterns, plus the yelled ‘and we run’ at the end of the second verse is such a standout.

luckythisway: Never got the hype for this song don’t attack me 

Fifteen: my fav song here

Miles.: top 2 and it ain't number two

I could’ve sworn I gave this masterpiece a 10 :jonny2:

So we need 34 songs to leave before the top 50. Here are my picks for which one should go

Debut - TOMG (meaning it would leave 2 songs IN the top 50)

Fearless - WH, YBWM, TWILY, FAA (2 songs top 50)

Speak Now - TSOU, Ours (8 songs top 50)

Red - BM, NN, Red (8 songs top 50)

1989 - TL, OOTW, NR, Clean (3 songs top 50)

Reputation - RFI (:biblio:), CIWYW, DWOHT (3 songs top 50)

Lover - Lover, Cornelia Street, Afterglow, DBATC (2 songs top 50)

folklore - the 1, peace, seven, mirrorball, illicit affairs (9 songs top 50)

evermore - marjorie, gold rush, cowboy like me (8 songs top 50)

Midnights - LH, AH, MR, YOYOK, Karma (4 songs top 50)

Others - nothing (1 song top 50)

Good lord we really are getting to the point we have to have excellent songs go huh? :deadbanana4:

5 hours ago, 1989 said:

9bqrYxn.jpg

85. Happiness - 7.514

Stans(11): Fifteen, The Argonaut, JoanneActII,

Lovers(10): Tusk, Brando, Ayanaa, Wolf Alice, Supernatural, Icarus, feelslikeadream, Kyungsooswift, State Of Grace., sanzo, Ethereal Cat, Achilles., 

Haters(1): Miles., luckythisway, Sanguine, Taylor fanboy,

Comments:

wastedpotential: A bit of a slog, but knowing the backstory makes this song really captivating.

Fifteen: love this one i haven't changed my opinion on this since the first time i played it

no way :dancehall3:

Renegade and Tim McGraw missing the top 100 is an absolute travesty.

Haven’t been able to participate/comment live due to personal and professional obligations but I’ll just say this:

The fact that Swifties are probably (actually definitely) the LUCKIEST stan base with Taylor’s constant stomping, stellar songwriting, huge growth in every department (hello TV vocals), and the most effort put forth by a pop star maybe ever — and ya’ll choose to have the WORST taste… I’m simply speechless. At least lambs can generally agree on Mariah’s good and bad songs. Like who on earth listens to a song as asinine and grating as “Piss AmericaNO & the Shartbreak Cringe” and thinks hmmm this is superior to or about on par with:

— “Fifteen” - A simple yet highly effective cut that vividly encapsulates the experience of an American high schooler, all while introducing Redheadnamedabigail to the TSCU. Sure, she would go on to write more maturely constructed songs, but that’s the point — good writing captures the specific place and moment the writer is at in life. No one has ever written a more effective song from the perspective of a 15-year-old (IMO).

— “I Almost Do” - A heart wrenching ballad with lines that could shatter glass (see: “I bet / It never ever occurred to you / That I can't say "Hello" to you / And risk another goodbye.” A story of restraint with well controlled vocals to match. Perhaps you all simply haven’t had past relationships to relate to this song (likely due to your poor taste).

— “Mastermind” - A unique love song that somehow weaves a love story in with an analysis of her personality / professional quirks that trace back to her childhood. Completely original storyline that truly summarizes Tay as a writer and person, all while effortlessly working in the word “Machiavellian” (even Mariah Thesaurus Carey couldn’t). A songwriting masterclass, honestly.

Anyways thank you for lightening my BLEAK work day with all of these nicknames. Baboon has to be the best (literally took everything in me not to burst out laughing in the middle of a meeting announcing my layoff when I read this)

XO

Ken Lee

6 hours ago, 1989 said:
h8DktM9.jpg

89. The Last Time (feat. Gary Lightbody of Snow Patrol) - 7.482

Stans(11): AbeHicks, NMIXX

Lovers(10): a_d_22, Miles., Wolf Alice, jacobhalkohit, Supernatural, Mr. Duff, Icarus, 

Haters(1): Taylor fanboy, Allday

I didnt give this a 11, I gave this a 6, there must be some error :confused:

Hey Stephen, Glitch, You All Over Me, IDSB, Come Back Be Here, If This Was a Movie, Betty, Ronan, You're Not Sorry, You Are In Love, Miss Americana, Dress, Renegade, Don't You, Tim McGraw, Breathe, I Almost Do, Snow on the Beach, Tell Me Why, Dear Reader, No Body, No Crime...all deserved way better, damn. :noparty:

So It Goes... is brilliant and sexy and Babe is a BOP!  It's Time to Go got me THROUGH IT the other year. Cruel Summer is easily one of her BEST pop songs! MESS.

& READY FOR IT ABOVE ALL OF THOSE?!? Y'ALL OKAY???

Welp. Let's see what other bops y'all toss out next. A lot of my faves are still in it. 

sitting-waiting.gif

Can't wait for tonight's update, this has been so fun thus far!

We should get to the top 50 tonight, and then do the remaining 50 songs through tomorrow and Saturday.

The "why the hell have they lasted this long group"

Sad Beautiful Tragic

Better Man

Forever Winter

Ready For It

Don't Blame Me

False God

Seven

Hoax

Cowboy Like Me

Evermore

The "I like you but not enough for top 50 group"

Our Song

Fifteen

Treacherous

This Is Me Trying

Peace

Baboon

Bigger Than The Whole Sky

All 3 of my 11's are in. If Clean isn't top 20 I will RIOT.

2 hours ago, Ken Lee said:

Haven’t been able to participate/comment live due to personal and professional obligations but I’ll just say this:

The fact that Swifties are probably (actually definitely) the LUCKIEST stan base with Taylor’s constant stomping, stellar songwriting, huge growth in every department (hello TV vocals), and the most effort put forth by a pop star maybe ever — and ya’ll choose to have the WORST taste… I’m simply speechless. At least lambs can generally agree on Mariah’s good and bad songs. Like who on earth listens to a song as asinine and grating as “Piss AmericaNO & the Shartbreak Cringe” and thinks hmmm this is superior to or about on par with:

— “Fifteen” - A simple yet highly effective cut that vividly encapsulates the experience of an American high schooler, all while introducing Redheadnamedabigail to the TSCU. Sure, she would go on to write more maturely constructed songs, but that’s the point — good writing captures the specific place and moment the writer is at in life. No one has ever written a more effective song from the perspective of a 15-year-old (IMO).

— “I Almost Do” - A heart wrenching ballad with lines that could shatter glass (see: “I bet / It never ever occurred to you / That I can't say "Hello" to you / And risk another goodbye.” A story of restraint with well controlled vocals to match. Perhaps you all simply haven’t had past relationships to relate to this song (likely due to your poor taste).

— “Mastermind” - A unique love song that somehow weaves a love story in with an analysis of her personality / professional quirks that trace back to her childhood. Completely original storyline that truly summarizes Tay as a writer and person, all while effortlessly working in the word “Machiavellian” (even Mariah Thesaurus Carey couldn’t). A songwriting masterclass, honestly.

Anyways thank you for lightening my BLEAK work day with all of these nicknames. Baboon has to be the best (literally took everything in me not to burst out laughing in the middle of a meeting announcing my layoff when I read this)

XO

Ken Lee

Wait, Mastermind left already? :deadbanana:

it's one of her best songs. WTH people

4 minutes ago, Peroxide said:

The "why the hell have they lasted this long group"

Sad Beautiful Tragic

Better Man

Forever Winter

Ready For It

Don't Blame Me

False God

Seven

Hoax

Cowboy Like Me

Evermore

The "I like you but not enough for top 50 group"

Our Song

Fifteen

Treacherous

This Is Me Trying

Peace

Baboon

Bigger Than The Whole Sky

All 3 of my 11's are in. If Clean isn't top 20 I will RIOT.

Cowboy like me is one the best songs Taylor has ever released. It should be in the top 3

3 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Cowboy like me is one the best songs Taylor has ever released. It should be in the top 3

Story telling aside, I just find it incredibly dull...

3 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

:clap3:

All my 11s are still IN and they’ll all be top 10! (except one maybe)

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, PopA911 said:

:clap3:

All my 11s are still IN and they’ll all be top 10! (except one maybe)

spacer.png

Mine will too because I was lazy and picked obvious songs

3 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Mine will too because I was lazy and picked obvious songs

i picked my actual top 3, but maybe i’m just a basic swiftie :gaycat7:

you’ll hate one of them :gaycat2:

Edited by PopA911

2 minutes ago, PopA911 said:

i picked my actual top 3, but maybe i’m just a basic swiftie :gaycat7:

you’ll hate one of them :gaycat2:

I'm scared now :deadbanana4:

3 hours ago, Ken Lee said:

— “Fifteen” - A simple yet highly effective cut that vividly encapsulates the experience of an American high schooler, all while introducing Redheadnamedabigail to the TSCU. Sure, she would go on to write more maturely constructed songs, but that’s the point — good writing captures the specific place and moment the writer is at in life. No one has ever written a more effective song from the perspective of a 15-year-old.

It needed to be said  :clap3:

37 minutes ago, Peroxide said:

Story telling aside, I just find it incredibly dull...

Well, that's a clear demonstration of BAD TASTE. 

that song melody alone should be enough 

16 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Well, that's a clear demonstration of BAD TASTE. 

that song melody alone should be enough 

I have exceptional taste... I just don't like being bored :gaycatina1:

couldn't participate but seated for results xx 

intrigued as to what the top 10 will look like 

:gaylorcat1:

I really wanted to participate but I didn’t have time to listen to 200+ songs. 
The results have been fascinating so far. I didn’t realize swifties hated Bad Blood 

5 hours ago, Ken Lee said:

XO

Ken Lee

points were made

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.