K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

The HYBE Hyenas crying in the quotes, since SKZ are the first Kpop act to headline Lollapalooza :redface: I will never understand this joint hatred that the HYBE Hyenas have for SKZ :rip:  Armys, Moas, Rabbits and Le Ssakurafim stans are doing way too much these days :penguin:

When SKZ meets Rosalia backstage at Lollapalooza 

Edited by Pluto2022

• Replies 132.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

music quality is subjective but besides that they have an interesting/great concept and marketing

HYBE is truly the future while the other companies are stuck in the past tbh, i have to give them their dues

spacer.png

LSM is ruining SM, JYP is chasing behind Aespa’s concept & giving Itzy the worst songs possible, YG still releasing songs from 4-5 years ago and sometimes even older. HYBE is the only company consistently pushing out quality on all fronts. i get why people are so up HYBE stan’s asses we are always eating good. 

spacer.png

29 minutes ago, Emperor said:

Yeah like does Seventeen even have a hit in Korea? :skull:

I hope this new update don't bring back zombie streaming but I'm scared it will 

Zero hits at all. At least EXO’s is a bit more believable since they have a couple hits. :rip:

everyone blamed armies in 2017 because of the zombie streams

then the consequences, changes in the rules of all big stream services 

but exols :rip: Ko Ko Bop biggest scam ever

Nzbkbrj.gif

5 hours ago, katyberry said:

No teasers today again…at least we got confirmation that new songs are being released within a month tho 

This is a nightmare

736-DAEB2-F82-F-4-C4-E-B667-14-D2514-C62

OT: Screaming at some of Ditto's PAKs being blocked cause ARMYs decided to mass stream BTS on Bugs (or Vibe idk) :deadbanana2:

Also yeah idk how anyone can see LYW in the top10 of that list and think those streams are organic and being filtered. He'll likely take the crown in a couple years despite not having 1/5 of the success of BTS or even IU :toofunny3:

Edited by Billionaire

officially tearing up my Sheep card… all SM does recently is kill their hype:biblio:

like what was the point of releasing this “Track Video Version” to streaming of a song on a repackage album that comes out next week?? is it even the full song?

5 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

We are already getting the title track in 2 days as a pre-release :redface: @Mitsuki@xrosup

78v5gg.gif

It'd better be a bop like Allah In or TOP, and not a Circus sized mess

78v5gg.gif

Blackpink really brought the SLAY for that french beneficial gala. No backing track just eating while doing choreo

I’m sorry but acting like SVT have the same amount of hits as EXO and saying EXO has a “couple” of hits is crazy First Snow a bside of a winter album from 2013 have charted better than any svt song in the past 3 years in 2022 :biblio:

SVT don’t have a Growl let alone a LMR or CMB

Also zombie streaming or not there is no excuse to EXO being in hiatus since 2019 and none of these “new 4th gen it bgs” or SVT and NCT their “peers” not passing them or even getting half of that streams EXO has, a lot of you have a hate boner towards them but be honest with yourselves for once.

5 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

Fun Fact: This not 1 group but 2 whole different groups with 2 whole different comebacks last year, now you do what you wan't with this information  :giraffe: 

FnaLaYqXgAMaCu-?format=jpg&name=large

78v5gg.gif

what’s funny is that one is for US comeback and one from Japanese comeback :rip: it just shows how out of touch sm is

Dead French Blonks really served fluent Korean :rip::rip:

spacer.png

Edited by Kh-Loud

8 minutes ago, Hitchhiker said:

Also zombie streaming or not there is no excuse to EXO being in hiatus since 2019 and none of these “new 4th gen it bgs” or SVT and NCT their “peers” not passing them or even getting half of that streams EXO has, a lot of you have a hate boner towards them but be honest with yourselves for once.

Ko ko bop or growl i don’t remember has 500M streams on melon and didn’t even pass 5M unique listeners.  Exo has indeed hits unlike SVT but let’s not act exols weren’t like armys. 

21 minutes ago, WeFoundWill said:

NewJennies in their AIIYL/4D era I’m afraid

They’re in their Olivia Rodrigo’s era 

the crowd wow. BP is basically a French group :jonny6: No back track, just 100% live. jisoo is easily stable she’s lowkey regressing 

10 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

"Stray Kids world domination" being true

736-DAEB2-F82-F-4-C4-E-B667-14-D2514-C62

1 hour ago, Pluto2022 said:

The fact that half of the sales are from 2022 alone :rip:

Streaming elixirs

Nzbkbrj.gif

9 hours ago, WeFoundWill said:

Mics ON

Backtrack - n/a

I can’t wait for Coachella :jonnycat:

10 hours ago, Axel. said:

is this the highest peak for a korean song on AM Japan? :jonny5:

No Love dive reached #1 on AM Japan 

43 minutes ago, Fanta said:

LSM is ruining SM, JYP is chasing behind Aespa’s concept & giving Itzy the worst songs possible, YG still releasing songs from 4-5 years ago and sometimes even older. HYBE is the only company consistently pushing out quality on all fronts. i get why people are so up HYBE stan’s asses we are always eating good. 

spacer.png

bang pd won, i might have to become a HYBEnator in the future

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, Hitchhiker said:

I’m sorry but acting like SVT have the same amount of hits as EXO and saying EXO has a “couple” of hits is crazy First Snow a bside of a winter album from 2013 have charted better than any svt song in the past 3 years in 2022 :biblio:

SVT don’t have a Growl let alone a LMR or CMB

13 minutes ago, Hitchhiker said:

:clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3:

59 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

The HYBE Hyenas crying in the quotes, since SKZ are the first Kpop act to headline Lollapalooza :redface: I will never understand this joint hatred that the HYBE Hyenas have for SKZ :rip:  Armys, Moas, Rabbits and Le Ssakurafim stans are doing way too much these days :penguin:

When SKZ meets Rosalia backstage at Lollapalooza 

Aya should have headline instead of them :coffee2:

11 hours ago, discreetinside said:

The 2022 monster rookies trinity still going strong we love to see it :clap3:

Meanwhile where is IVE cb announcement like the lightstick are ready to purchase tomorrow and I can't believe they going to have concert in Korea next month with only 6 original Korean songs + 1 original Japanese song :deadbanana2:

they are doing fan meetings. Also, they need a break. They were everywhere last year + Yujin is currently in Finland 

11 hours ago, MonsterNavy said:

YG rot in hell challenge :deadbanana2:

Jennie is a very creative person, I love how she’s always involved despite the fake narrative that she just want to be a model. 

Edited by Adama

LEFT RIGHT >>>>>>>>>  SHOOTING STAR but both new XG songs are amazing.

azealia-banks-yelling.gif

if SS didn't start with the heinous rapping that should be banned from kpop, it might be just as good as LEFT RIGHT

but LEFT RIGHT is just a whole bop, little to no rapping, just amazing melodies and rhymes :clap3:

whomever decided to rhyme "let's ride" with "left right" deserves a Grammy

bang pd using the army’s insecurities to build a conglomerate only to throw them away when his new artists are smashing 

I gotta stan idk call me a hybebeast 

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Adama said:

Jennie is a very creative person, I love how she’s always involved despite the fake narrative that she just want to be a model. 

Jennie is the smartest member. She does partnerships with big brands in Korea and internationally, collaborates with gentle monster, was the creative director of her vogue cover, outside of music and fashion she’s focusing on acting + she’s hanging out with Hollywood elite and Jacquemus.
You can tell she wants to be a STAR. 

21 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

Ko ko bop or growl i don’t remember has 500M streams on melon and didn’t even pass 5M unique listeners.  Exo has indeed hits unlike SVT but let’s not act exols weren’t like armys. 

They’re in their Olivia Rodrigo’s era 

750M streams but just reached 4M uls last year

4.1M right now

2.5 million downloads gaon certification | error 404

100million gaon streams | error 404

:rip:

Smash Day

880M streams 7.9M uls

5 million downloads gaon

300 million gaon streams :gaycat6:

Edited by dlwlrma

3 hours ago, hallucinate said:

i’m lowkey stanning the GOT the Beat mini

spacer.png

TASTE. best SM gg album in a while. why are they giving all their good music to groups that AREN'T aespa though??

I keep saying the aespa 2nd Mini Album should've been:

1. new title track (but they could've made Stamp On It smash esp if SM didn't screw up the release)

2. Illusion

3. Goddess Level

4. Rose

5. Outlaw

6. Priority