K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

2 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

Yeaj i like the styling in the MV, he looks great and pulls ir off. But the song itself is meh, his voice and aura does not suit this kind of sound. He’s more suited for an ethereal/smooth type of song like Wave or I Don’t Understand But I Love You. 

and i think that’s a Japanese show? I’m not sure 

Agreed, I wish he chose different music/concept for his solo stuff. Psycho is better than Limbo musically imo but the concept was a bit tryhard for me unfortunately. I also think a concept like Wave would suit him best for his solo. Matches his voice and vibe better and is one of my favorite looks for him too. Him, Hoshi, and Minghao all suit this kind of sound/dance best for their solos. Hoshi got it right with Spider but I wasn't a fan of that Tiger song he did so hopefully his next one is better

• Replies 132.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

it-people

cryingemotional.gif

Winter is going to have to hardcarry those vocals. They couldn't give her Sohee as backup? :coffee2:

2 minutes ago, 40_L3VE said:

Winter is going to have to hardcarry those vocals. They couldn't give her Sohee as backup? :coffee2:

Wonbin will carry too, dont worry sweaty

1652832720f977961ac8c434ed579873.thumb.j

4 minutes ago, 40_L3VE said:

She won't need to. Karina is literally right there with her!

7adde5aa9eb3c9ae680f8a4479d22892999d432c.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

She’s one of those people that I wanna see go solo and slay because I feel like the group is holding her back a lot. She has so much to offer in terms of not only vocals but star power and charisma. 

Disagree on Ningning being held back by the group. I think all the members are able to shine in performances and have a lot of their best traits brought out in the group. Each girl is important to Aespa and their individual charms/vibes come together to make the group what it is. But I am also excited to see more solo work from all of them, I think they all have great potential in their own ways. I think Ningning and Karina are the ones with the most music solo potential so I can see where a lot of people think Ningning is "held back" comes from even if I disagree. Both are very charismatic and can easily take a stage on their own already, and both have different kinds of it girl potential imo. Of course, Singsing's got those vocals too

I think Winter will drop some cute songs but I actually think her biggest potential and where she'll be able to shine the brightest is acting. She has both the face and the acting chops for it and I can see her covering a variety of genres/roles. She could work well as a quirky cute female lead in a romcom, I'm thinking like Han Jimin in Behind Your Touch. Or she could do something darker/action-focused, as displayed in her Drama teaser

Even though she has a cuter face, she could make it work like Park Jihoon and I'd actually think she could be very interesting in a role like this  :gaycat4:

09d93672350be3b5d2175ec96bd01d5ae3c932be.jpgWeak_Hero_Class_1-p1.jpg

I think Giselle also has potential as a music solo but I would actually like to see her focus towards modelling. Shes my favorite model of the group actually and I think she could do really well here. It's also a good way to build an individual brand if she focuses on this before solo music. Giselle also has an amazing body and compliments various clothing styles well. She absolutely killed this photoshoot

f1fee95bac92963b44b205f4c31b51ab7cae9bb5.jpg4e84953e6dba48e129cf1949069ac42dbd25879c.jpg97ed94daae93ce0344aa323fddae397a1d596fb1.jpg

da9c0762d99d440d63874894984d19681fbd2a49.jpg3d38867322bd8479db6ef46c810777b57aba7260.jpgb252421bd969d2372c17ee9bed71617d7aabcfbe.jpg

Edited by gigantopithecus
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

if there's one thing Lee Know will not do, it's extra work

ezgif-3-bc224c52ff.gif

Well he did a little extra solo dancebreak today with an injured hand, which is outside of their normal group choreo. So maybe king isn't as lazy as we credit him for :santa:

4 hours ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

eRcDDUuiitvTQVyVP-SzwH6T9gkLh8-iWLRcXrkv

@Pluto2022 no strenuous activities with his hand, nows your chance

ezgif-3-bc224c52ff.gif

My chance for what? 

ezgif-3-bc224c52ff.gif

4 hours ago, illia said:

omg I didn't know Lee Know does boxing :jonny5:

He also has black belt in taekwondo, he's truly a fighter I fear :clap3:

4 hours ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

its hot

ezgif-3-bc224c52ff.gif

The way this guy can sing, dance, rap, perform, is handsome, has a nice body, is athletic, is physically strong, can fight, is a nice person, can cook etc. like we don't deserve him I fear

a89c2c8333a480aa8f43f929b3d16db5.gif

1 hour ago, FACT said:

:psyduck:

Truly the cheapest award show ever :redface: I wonder why all these big names are going to this low budget award show? Is it hosted by Dispatch or something, who has dirt on the whole industry etc.? :clack:

37 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

Wonbin will carry too, dont worry sweaty

1652832720f977961ac8c434ed579873.thumb.j

35 minutes ago, Zack said:

She won't need to. Karina is literally right there with her!

7adde5aa9eb3c9ae680f8a4479d22892999d432c.gif

I said VOCALS not visuals. :coffee2:

1 hour ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

it-people

cryingemotional.gif

If Winter wants to keep up with those actual dancers, she’s going to have to give a little more.

:suburban:

21 minutes ago, 40_L3VE said:

I said VOCALS not visuals. :coffee2:

The way people are always so desperate to tear down the other girls to hype up just one Aespa member at a time :eli: It doesn't change the fact that they're all successful, talented, and pretty. The need to tear down at least one member at all times is such a strange behavior, and I see non/casual fans do it so much with them. Karina isn't even a bad singer but people will continue to push their own narrative so whatever. I just don't see this same energy or demand towards other main dancers for their vocals

10 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

If Winter wants to keep up with those actual dancers, she’s going to have to give a little more.

:suburban:

She'll be doing fine so no need to worry about her  :gaycat4: Interesting how I see people attacking the girls right now by both attacking a main dancer for not being a main vocalist and a main vocalist for not being a main dancer. I hope we start holding all groups to this standard

Everybody get ready for their 2024 comeback

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=6c09b952dp5gyn9gb1qj6xvbnww6el94dtr3s0bd1jmfj531&ep=v1_internal_gif_by_id&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=g

Edited by gigantopithecus
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

aespa are kinda like (G)I-DLE, STAYC, NewJeans etc. without an actual main dancer in terms of Momo, Lisa, Seulgi, Yeji, the Chae sisters, Hyoyeon, Minzy level

Edited by Pluto2022

14 minutes ago, gigantopithecus said:

The way people are always so desperate to tear down the other girls to hype up just one Aespa member at a time :eli: It doesn't change the fact that they're all successful, talented, and pretty. The need to tear down at least one member at all times is such a strange behavior, and I see non/casual fans do it so much with them. Karina isn't even a bad singer but people will continue to push their own narrative so whatever. I just don't see this same energy or demand towards other main dancers for their vocals

She'll be doing fine so no need to worry about her  :gaycat4: Interesting how I see people attacking the girls right now by both attacking a main dancer for not being a main vocalist and a main vocalist for not being a main dancer. I hope we start holding all groups to this standard

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=6c09b952dp5gyn9gb1qj6xvbnww6el94dtr3s0bd1jmfj531&ep=v1_internal_gif_by_id&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=g

Winter is aespa’s lead dancer, and I commented on her dancing, so what point were you trying to make?

spacer.png

15 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

the power that they have…

Not these grandmas, flying all the way from Korea, and all of them wearing the same t-shirt so that they won’t get lost from each other, as if it’s some day out trip :dies:

Edited by Pluto2022
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gigantopithecus said:

Not you acting like I only joked about Karina and not the two boys as well.

spacer.png

6 hours ago, katyberry said:

Oh grandpa....

Is he eating with SM trainees or is he starting his own company?

What if he got his own label at Hybe????????? :psyduck:

3 hours ago, illia said:

NOOO WHY IS ANTON CRYING

People on twitter were saying he couldn't handle the fans at the airport but is that really true?

3 hours ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

maybe he's crying because he's known to be a headphone enthusiast and is being forced into using these hideous shitty earbuds

cryingemotional.gif

This nepo baby :dies: At least he's rich enough to cry into some golden-plated Chanelle tissues

3 hours ago, youresotoxic said:

GBSvLsKaYAAqGni?format=jpg&name=4096x409GBSvflSaIAAXSos?format=jpg&name=4096x409GBSvLsGbkAAvqgd?format=jpg&name=4096x4096GBSvLsLaEAAShbS?format=jpg&name=4096x4096GBSvflZaoAAKxW5?format=jpg&name=4096x4096GBSvflZbUAALzyf?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

A literal it girl and JYP refuses to promote her as such. Instead gets his OWN ASS his OWN BUBBLE like who wants to wake up to messages from JYP??????

JAIL THAT MAN

2 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

Truly the cheapest award show ever :redface: I wonder why all these big names are going to this low budget award show? Is it hosted by Dispatch or something, who has dirt on the whole industry etc.? :clack:

This one is serving conference party :redface: