K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

12 minutes ago, Lost In Paradise said:

Memories >>>>>>>> Get a Guitar >>>>>>>>>>> every SM BG song of 2023 >>>>>>>>> Talk Saxy

that quality decline was rough. they better deliver for this winter song :coffee2:

are we sure that it’s still coming after the recent mess? :skull:

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiffany 1st Full Album “Surviving SM”

spacer.png

Spoiler

1. Soo Man (Intro) 

2. Surviving SM Ft. Taeyeon

3. Royalties 

4. Karma Ft. Giselle of Aespa

5.  N.C.T. (Need Cock Tonight) 

6. 을Back Pay Ft. Oh!GG

7. Underground Unnie

8. Crew Love
9. XO/Ex Hoes Ft. D.O

10. 9:30 COEX Artium Freestyle 

Bonus Tracks 

11. ***** Better have my Sunny Ft. Sunny

12. HYPE GIRL

• Haha 2

Carrots also don't do much to motivate less popular members to pursue solo activities. Minghao serves an artsy self-choreographed contemporary dance with a beautiful self-directed video and it's just now passing 500k views after over a year while a video of Mingyu working out gets over 2 million in a fraction of that time

The other members might feel more motivated if Mingyu's left boob didn't get more relevance and acclaim than their craft

paris.gif

• Haha 2

I just can't get into French Friize for the same reason I can't get into NShitty Dream, something about their music seems too kiddie to me but I also understand that that was the intent and I'm just not the target demographic

paris.gif

But Candy is a bop! (then again it's a classic 90s song)

On 11/27/2023 at 9:27 PM, Odette Violet said:

Iirc even Mr.Taxi and Paparazzi went #1 on Korean chart, not sure which?  @Eternium I need you sis to confirmed this. 

Hoot was 2nd after Oh! in 2010 on songs that made that most impact that year so yes it was massive. It's their 4th National Hit in a row :clap3:

They had the Hits, album sales that rivals boy groups, tour, IT Girls, the fandom, the GeePee. SNSD's peak was the biggest peak for a Girl Group in Korea :foxaylove3:

SNSD on Korean Charts:

Oh! - 1

Run Devil Run - 1

Hoot - 1

The Boys - 1

Mr. Taxi - 9

Dancing Queen - 1

I Got A Boy - 1

Mr Mr - 1

Catch Me If You Can - 19

Party - 1

Lion Heart - 4

You Think - 30

Sailing - 13

All Night - 32

Holiday - 12

Forever 1 - 5

8 #1s. If Circle had been around earlier, Kissing You, Gee and Genie would have been definite #1s, too. ITNW, Girls’ Generation and Baby Baby may have also been #1s, too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

the way he didn't even get a tour or at least a few one-off shows

he could've easily had a huge arena tour across Asia & North America

paris.gif

word on the streets is that hybe wanted to push Jks momentum and do a tour before enlisting :monkey:

guess we should be happy he didn't chose to join the air force or navy 

btw Suga was selling out 20k US arenas during presales alone

JK could have done stadiums

18 minutes ago, Eternium said:

SNSD on Korean Charts:

Oh! - 1

Run Devil Run - 1

Hoot - 1

The Boys - 1

Mr. Taxi - 9

Dancing Queen - 1

I Got A Boy - 1

Mr Mr - 1

Catch Me If You Can - 19

Party - 1

Lion Heart - 4

You Think - 30

Sailing - 13

All Night - 32

Holiday - 12

Forever 1 - 5

8 #1s. If Circle had been around earlier, Kissing You, Gee and Genie would have been definite #1s, too. ITNW, Girls’ Generation and Baby Baby may have also been #1s, too.

Dancing Queen went #1?

A random pre-release did that :jonny: 

6 minutes ago, Zuko said:

word on the streets is that hybe wanted to push Jks momentum and do a tour before enlisting :monkey:

guess we should be happy he didn't chose to join the air force or navy 

btw Suga was selling out 20k US arenas during presales alone

JK could have done stadiums

Why would they not at least let him leave with a hit tour? They could've at least waited 4-5 more months

HYBE you are going to HELL

paris.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, romiskes said:

It was so good to see Uhm Jung Hwa giving the daesang to SEVENTEEN, legends making history :heart2:

The gayest performance of MAMA's entire run and she served it in 2006.

when the men took off their shirts

wooo i lived

they really liked MEN and not boyz back then

• Thanks 1

It's kinda funny that all Kpop music labels now are using Norwegian/Swedish songwriters/producers :dies: :dies: 

Shade Lee soo Man as u want but he was truly a trendsetter 

26 minutes ago, gigantopithecus said:

Carrots also don't do much to motivate less popular members to pursue solo activities. Minghao serves an artsy self-choreographed contemporary dance with a beautiful self-directed video and it's just now passing 500k views after over a year while a video of Mingyu working out gets over 2 million in a fraction of that time

The other members might feel more motivated if Mingyu's left boob didn't get more relevance and acclaim than their craft

paris.gif

Well The8 is insanely underrated, easily the most underrated member of the group along with Dino. Even more than Dino probably. 
but i still think the others could be at least somewhat popular outside the group if the Pledis push was substantial. There is a reason why Mingyu, Vernon and Woozi are the most known members outside of the fandom, because they have a perfect mix of individual push(Mingyu more than others here) and self motivation for solo endeavors. I think the other members are lacking one or the other of these aspects.
 anyway, maybe we’ll see some of that after the military enlistments start (but they’ll probably be too old for kpop by then so what’s the point)paris.gif

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Well The8 is insanely underrated, easily the most underrated member of the group along with Dino. Even more than Dino probably. 
but i still think the others could be at least somewhat popular outside the group if the Pledis push was substantial. There is a reason why Mingyu, Vernon and Woozi are the most known members outside of the fandom, because they have a perfect mix of individual push(Mingyu more than others here) and self motivation for solo endeavors. I think the other members are lacking one or the other of these aspects.
 anyway, maybe we’ll see some of that after the military enlistments start (but they’ll probably be too old for kpop by then so what’s the point)paris.gif

True, Dino and Seungkwan might be my favs but Minghao is definitely the most underrated. His talent would probably get more recognition if his entire audience wasn't kpop fans. Most of us are way too use to/prefer a certain style of dancing and his flowy contemporary dance isn't like it. I think thats why Hoshi and even Dino get more recognition for their choreography while being substantially less interesting and creative (imo, but don't get me wrong. They're definitely not bad by any means)

I like jokingly hating on the Mingyu bias but hes definitely the member with most motivation to be individually known and I respect that. It's probably why pledis gives him so much of a push. I just wish they would also extend that same level of support to other members for their crafts. While they've given a nice budget to Vernon/Hoshi/Jun/Dino/Minghao/Woozi MVs for some of their songs and passion projects like their choreo videos, they don't do much to actually promote them. Danceology and Contemporary Art's promo are N/A and the solos at most get one special stage, a studio choom type of thing, and maybe a dance practice

And oh I'm fearing the military enlistment if they don't keep group activities running. I already know Jeonghan and Wonwoo will be MIA  :jonny4:

Stanning talented slightly lazy** people with a flop'd company is rough. It's somehow more annoying than when I've stanned untalented groups

(** only outside of group activities)

paris.gif

Edited by gigantopithecus

I might not be a RBB fan but Joy was incredible during these performances  :loki: I love the vibe, just wish I loved the song

Wow baemon was terrible 

I haven’t checked the thread  in a few days but I hope y’all aren’t in here fake stanning that mess 

1 hour ago, hétérosexuelle said:

i haven’t listened to any new boygroup within the past 3 years :rip:

i think the last bg song i liked was txt’s shampoo fairy cover and blue hour

spacer.png

I know a boy group you should listen to

• Haha 1

NewJeans didn’t even bother giving an acceptance speech :deadbanana4:

and i don’t think them or ADOR even acknowledged them :bibliahh:

50 minutes ago, Da Vinci said:

Chad Eunwoo ATE (her face and she liked it!)

Seeing the actress being completely immobile while he's kissing her is throwing me off :deadbanana4: Like she's frozen in fear

ENGOD should've been given this in the summar. And then they could've come back with Bite Me for the current comeback.