K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

3 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

Are Newjeans already bigger than Kpop? :coffee2:

its literally just jealousy that they’re smashing and their faves are being overshadowed

i stan them and i still wish my other faves could get that effortless success :dies:

• Like 3

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

This was just *chefs kiss*

Korea was so nasty for this. They did him dirty and I hope he starts suing cause they really tried it over baseless rumors.

Karma will have her day :clap3:

5 minutes ago, Mel. said:

Korea was so nasty for this. They did him dirty and I hope he starts suing cause they really tried it over baseless rumors.

Karma will have her day :clap3:

What other test they want to do? They tested his urine, his blood, his hair and nails.

8 minutes ago, Xalric said:

What other test they want to do? They tested his urine, his blood, his hair and nails.

I have no idea, but clearly they’re not doing it cause they now it’ll come up negative as well. I hope he sues the police department and the Korean media tbh

what they put him through was not okay.

58 minutes ago, gigantopithecus said:

I kinda miss the magical fantastical sound trend from 3rd gen :monkey: if only Feverse wasn't an MMD animation project...

& LOONA 1/3 

• Like 1

talking about Loona 

Edited by Selenasworld
  • Like 2

the truth tea is that ITZY needs an apink-like revolution. none of their newer songs are thematically or sonically different than the songs that made them famous. their signature sound is just outdated and they haven't evolved, like how red velvet dropped Birthday like it was still 2017.

I still have no idea what audience they're targeting but its kinda over for everyone else once the gays discover them huh

crying-excitment.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

I still have no idea what audience they're targeting but its kinda over for everyone else once the gays discover them huh

crying-excitment.gif

Is their target audience not already gays? :celestial5:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Selenasworld said:

& LOONA 1/3 

Not really the fantastical sound too but I also loved this sound :monkey:

gretchen-dancing.gif

Edited by gigantopithecus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gigantopithecus said:

I kinda miss the magical fantastical sound trend from 3rd gen :monkey: if only Feverse wasn't an MMD animation project...

these Christian horse girl classics :alexz:

• Like 2

This was also a little too good. The girls had some bops

gretchen-dancing.gif

• Like 1

they delivered SOS to this kitty and stans still hated her

why i can’t take hate trains seriously 

• Thanks 1

I feel like kpop companies have the wrong idea with how to go about virtual groups. The most obvious mistake is the cheap animation they always opt for but I think a less obvious mistake is having them voiced by real people. Having them voiced by real people kinda results in a failure of making them distinct from real groups in a way that adds value. I think a smarter move would be making a voicebank like Miku and making them fully virtual. Hearing real human voices, and sometimes even knowing the real human behind the voice, kind of makes it feel more like a gimmick rather than a unique/innovative idol to the industry. The nugu'd Korean vocaloid had the closest idea to this but she was accessible to the public to make any songs they want (like all vocaloids) and this was over a decade ago now so the voice technology doesn't match the vision

A company should try creating their own voicebanks, only accessible to them, to form a whole group with distinct traits and personalities. That Feverse group looked very generic even beyond the low quality animation. They need to invest time actually creating memorable, well-designed characters that will garner fans. As for having robots voice your group, some of the new voicebanks coming out sound pretty realistic and with how processed/robot a lot of kpop sounds now, it won't sound too strange. I think this was the latest update (or one of) and Teto is from one of the less expensive companies so I'm sure that newer voicebanks can sound even better if they're properly invested in

I just feel like a virtual group would have a better chance if they just cut out the real human aspect and created high quality voicebanks, nice designs, and distinct personalities. It would help actually separate them from other kpop groups and not make them feel like they're just losing value from pushing cheap avatars voiced by real people. It could also make the group gain traction in other circles, like vocaloid and anime fans. This would help with the group actually getting success bc virtual groups will never be the next big thing with kpop fans like these companies think. They won't be able to replace real idols so they just need to focus on making them something else that will appeal to some kpop fans and a larger number from different groups of interests

baboon-newspaper.gif

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gigantopithecus said:

I feel like kpop companies have the wrong idea with how to go about virtual groups. The most obvious mistake is the cheap animation they always opt for but I think a less obvious mistake is having them voiced by real people. Having them voiced by real people kinda results in a failure of making them distinct from real groups in a way that adds value. I think a smarter move would be making a voicebank like Miku and making them fully virtual. Hearing real human voices, and sometimes even knowing the real human behind the voice, kind of makes it feel more like a gimmick rather than a unique/innovative idol to the industry. The nugu'd Korean vocaloid had the closest idea to this but she was accessible to the public to make any songs they want (like all vocaloids) and this was over a decade ago now so the voice technology doesn't match the vision

A company should try creating their own voicebanks, only accessible to them, to form a whole group with distinct traits and personalities. That Feverse group looked very generic even beyond the low quality animation. They need to invest time actually creating memorable, well-designed characters that will garner fans. As for having robots voice your group, some of the new voicebanks coming out sound pretty realistic and with how processed/robot a lot of kpop sounds now, it won't sound too strange. I think this was the latest update (or one of) and Teto is from one of the less expensive companies so I'm sure that newer voicebanks can sound even better if they're properly invested in

SeeU was literally voiced by the girl group member that went in Jail, Dahee from GLAM.

4 minutes ago, Xalric said:

SeeU was literally voiced by the girl group member that went in Jail, Dahee from GLAM.

Not voiced but they took samples of her voice to build the voicebank. When I say voiced, I mean that they have the people singing the songs for the characters and voice acting for them directly. What I'm saying is they should do something like vocaloid where they create the voicebank by sampling a real humans voice (like the glam girl), and then can just use that bank to create songs and not have a person directly singing them. They can also have these characters' voicebanks create other content, the same way vocaloids can be used to make speaking sounds as well

3 hours ago, cloudbusting said:

its literally just jealousy that they’re smashing and their faves are being overshadowed

i stan them and i still wish my other faves could get that effortless success :dies:

This mentality of kpop fans is so immature. “You don’t like my fave because you’re jealous”

Maybe some people just genuinely don’t enjoy extremely repetitive 2 minute songs like Super Shy?! Just because they’re successful doesn’t mean they appeal to everyone. 

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

JYP :rip: What a bad year for him and his artist especially in Korea. The disgusted looks from audience :rip: Krystal :bibliahh:

This is tragic too.

NMIXX will save JYP from their digital flop era though next year :clap3:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

That NewJeans Tweet was definitely about jealous Stan’s:dies: people just mad at thier success and popularity. Cuz honestly that group is doing everything right. 

I don’t Stan, but nobody can deny how perfect Hype Boy & Ditto is:jonny4:Now that’s how Kpop is supposed to sound. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1