Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

we need an mv with the mean girls performance theme :wanda:

Has anyone listened to the new mini album from Dreamcatcher? I was disappointed with OOTD. I wish Rising was their single.

2 hours ago, PeopleLikeUs said:

LSRFM has more casual fans which is why their songs always good stream wise.

Despite selling millions of album, they didn’t manage to soldout their SEA tour which is weird as SEA fans tend to be the most hardcore Kpop fans.

Aespa soldout their shows within 1 day in SEA and I know that IVE soldout their fancon in few days like that while you still buy LSRFM tickets a day before and they’re all performing in same venue with almost same capacity.

LSRFM is successful group but their fanbase still needs to grow more for them to actually soldout shows

Rest of the dates were sold out but their Jakarta date was something like 70% sold. Indo fearnots were saying that it flopped because it was held on a random weekday instead of on the weekend when idol groups usually tour. Bit of a cope maybe :redface: but i know in my heart their US dates would smash 

6 hours ago, Rainy Devil said:

I actually wonder if any of those companies offers vocal training after they debut. 

And if they do, will the idols actually take it or they are busy being models.

baboonphone.gif

I don't think the company cares about that after debut, it's up to the idols....

but let's be real most groups are not getting vocal lessons before debut, and if they are is to sound a certain way, like YG's stylistic singing choices to make their idols sound "unique"... JYP has said he likes his idols to be relatable and able to connect with the public so he was kinda against SM'd vocal lessons before NMIXX, but I think those TWICE encores made him change his mind real quick. And HYBE... well, we all know how their idols tend to sound, unless they had vocal training prior to joining the company.

baboonphone.gif

Why are y’all acting like this isn’t some silly random song they won’t ever perform 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Veiko said:

I hope aespa fans don’t drag newjeans since they officially now have a song 2 mins long 

aespa already had 3 songs under 2 minutes and 35 seconds before 

Edited by katyberry

26 minutes ago, Butters said:

Rest of the dates were sold out but their Jakarta date was something like 70% sold. Indo fearnots were saying that it flopped because it was held on a random weekday instead of on the weekend when idol groups usually tour. Bit of a cope maybe :redface: but i know in my heart their US dates would smash 

Their cancelled Thai concert also not soldout as there is lots standing tickets still available before they’re announced their cancellation which is bad because I’m planning to go.

Touring stats is the measure to go if we want to see who’s the top group. I mean NMIXX can sell millions of album but then their showcase tour only sold 50-70% of the capacity here in SEA.

Aespa leading as their touring stat is not bad, they’re sold out all their SEA dates and they managed to sold out few shows in US as well. 

IVE also doing good and New Jeans will doing great but they need at least an additional 20+ songs if all their song is gonna be less than 2 minutes 

10 hours ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

Bestie will you quit it with the passive aggressive posts to reignite the feud with that user 

We just cant handle it today 

No one’s trying to reignite anything please. I just commented how I feel based on a relevant reply to my post. 

7 hours ago, Cheers said:

This is the big problem. They have been releasing straight up garbage. It's such a shame because the girls are likeable and are true performers... idk why JYP keeps giving them SHITE.

Sneakers is still way better than Pass The Mic though :suburban:

3 hours ago, panochita said:

JYP is doing good, all the Hybe payola is blinding your judgement 

Exactly, JYP is literally the most successful company of the original Big 3 companies right now, and are only behind HYBE overall.

3 hours ago, Mel. said:

hmm what else came out recently….

Stray Kings

3 hours ago, CandyCoatedClouds said:

But most fourth gen groups don't stray from their one concept and the songs are similar.

Ateez: Scifi noise

NCT: R&B Noise

Stray Kids: Industrial noise

Itzy: girl crush noise

StayC: Annoyingly cute

They have some lead singles that sound slightly different but... rarely so idk people can't get into dreamcatcher when it's not that different Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

not you sneaking NCT in there as 4th gen :clack:

And also ITZY are teen crush, not girl crush 

2 hours ago, Rhythm said:

I think the case with LSRF/IVE simply boils down to their marketing and output. LSRF’s image attempts to tap in to the broader, more diverse international market, whilst IVE is quite obviously caters to their core East Asian market — traditionally formulaic (not a bad thing) but inoffensive, whereas LSRF exists as an assembly of variables (the members, genre-hopping) that typically shouldn’t work together, but somehow do. It’s the diversity that frames the distinction.

Also, it’s kind of worth noting how people seem to be severely underestimating aespa’s reach. They’ve already proven to have the strongest selling power globally (both in albums and touring), while still maintaining great popularity locally (Drama currently being top 2 across all charts). They’re distinctly average with streams compared to a handful of groups, which is par for the course considering their style of music they release, but even on that metric they do well enough to stand firm. I don’t think they deserve to be ranked any lower than LSRF (or even Idle, who are really now just playing catch-up with their contemporaries).

GIDLE already had a catalog of hits before any of these girlies debuted though, and with the way they keep reaching new peaks each comeback, it makes sense why they are easily among the top 3 biggest 4th gen ggs. 

3 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Sneakers is still way better than Pass The Mic though :suburban:

Sneakers is in the top 3 worst kpop songs of all time. The ENGOD obsession is getting real.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cheers said:

Sneakers is in the top 3 worst kpop songs of all time. The ENGOD obsession is getting real.

Pass the Mic is the worst song of 2022 and Sweet venom is the worst rehashed MJ song of HYBE :suburban:

The way this produce bg was about to become the most successful 4th gen group, just for them to disband after debut due to the rigging scandal that involved them and IZ*ONE :suburban:

IZ*ONE was unfazed while they had to disband :suburban:

FLASH is still the biggest and the only actual 4th gen bg hit song in Korea btw.:suburban:

They also sold over 600K albums with their debut in 2019 :suburban:

Edited by Pluto2022

20 hours ago, Adama said:

2 bigs events in SK tomorrow night :jonnycat::

the W Korea charity party with:

Jennie

Aespa (performers)

Zico (performer)

Hwasa (performer)

RM

Riize (performer)

ZB1 Jiwoong, Sung Hanbin and Zhang hao 

Woodz

Txt Yeonjun and Soobin

Stray kids Hyunjin 

and more to be announced

More guest for the W Korea charity event: 
Sumni
Hyuna
Itzy Ryujin, Yeji and Yuna

I swear the kpop girls have the opportunity to take one of the most iconic picture of all time :WAP:

• Like 1