K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

SNSD were truly the last dominant girl group with competent singers and good vocal harmony huh

:suburban:

• Like 2

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Dialamba said:

!&:&€?? Paris-Seoul every other day but somehow they won a prize :rip:

oh wow royalty acknowledging royalty

:clack:

the essays in here like yall wouldnt 180 if it was your group getting the award but that will never happen so i understand the fumes
G7iGMvQ.gif

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, New Edition said:

Yeah, nobody takes this seriously. It's hollow and empty.

King Charles and Camila are racist as hell (fitting giving Britain's history as a violent colonial empire) so they were probably shading Korea and Kpop/Blackpink behind their backs and laughing at this whole thing when they weren't in earshot.

Like these are the same people who were "worried" about Meghan Markle's child's skin color among many other things :deadbanana4: Idk why anyone should take them seriously

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Adama said:

12.14 AAA 2023 in Manila
12.15 KBS Music Bank Global Festival in Seoul 

These poors idols, these organizers could at least give them a 1 day gap :deadbanana4:

I feel like we've got too many music award shows... TMA, MMA, MAMA, GMA, AAA, GDA, Gayo Deajun etc like mama let's slow down :redface:

Same goes for music shows, we do NOT need 5-6 music shows a week

We are so spoilt in comparison with the USA music industry

Edited by Flomik

3 hours ago, Babymomo said:

No but like literally what the hell have BP done to earn that award like WHAT?:deadbanana2:

Be in a scripted video written by some YG intern saying "climate change is bad actually"???? Kpop is just so unserious its ridiculous.

Mainstay BP antis of this thread all upvoting this post hmmmm......

baboonphone.gif

Don't get me wrong, I am as well, but like in a stan way that wants better for the Pinks

Maybe I need to change my strategy, cause my image in this thread is becoming a bit that of a hater

welp, It's still #freejennie

angry-finished.gif

1 hour ago, Cheers said:

Mingyu is objectively attractive, but he gives me bad vibes. Stay away from him!

He dogwhistled his way into supporting the conservative candidate during their last elections, I wonder why it didn't make more noise 

Edited by Take Me Apart
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

Good day, is Seunghan back yet

baboonphone2.gif

unfortunately hes still polluting his body AND the environment bp was just awarded for saving i fear

baboonphone2.gif

25 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

SNSD were truly the last dominant girl group with competent singers and good vocal harmony huh

:suburban:

They are still THE best vocally out of all top/popular kpop acts of all time tbh. All NINE vocalists:WAP:

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, moxcy said:

unfortunately hes still polluting his body AND the environment bp was just awarded for saving i fear

baboonphone2.gif

Rosé has done more damage to the environment bleaching her hair than Seunghan has even dreamed

baboonphone.gif

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, gigantopithecus said:

New Mingyu photoshoot is out

27f3201e7acac45fed6f45c902b02f6850a9798b.jpg1fcf03fa1e3a3127cf700a0e4cb1c089aa40f706.jpg

33399ca07da870f2e762a71b5f20135280d4b687.jpgcffaeeaf118090c7e93da730c07a2794137eb830.pnj

If you like these photos, please consider listening to his member's solo song dropping on the 27th. I'm trying to prevent this from being nugu'd so I'm taking notes from pledis thanks

lorde-lorde-awkward.gif

very interesting indeed

baboon-newspaper.gif

BP are saving the planet by having a comeback once every 2 years, while your favs are cutting a Central Park sized forest every 4 months for some girlies to bulk buy their albums for photocards and then throw it on the streets or in the ocean.

baboon-newspaper.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

29 minutes ago, Flomik said:

I feel like we've got too many music award shows... TMA, MMA, MAMA, GMA, AAA, GDA, Gayo Deajun etc like mama let's slow down :redface:

Same goes for music shows, we do NOT need 5-6 music shows a week

We are so spoilt in comparison with the USA music industry

USA used to be the same but at least it wasn’t during the same month. They used to have AMAs,BBMA,CMA, VMA,BET awards, Soul train awards, the GRAMMYS, People choice awards and Teen choice awards :deadbanana4:

4 minutes ago, BlackAura said:

BP are saving the planet by having a comeback once every 2 years, while your favs are cutting a Central Park sized forest every 4 months for some girlies to bulk buy their albums for photocards and then throw it on the streets or in the ocean.

baboon-newspaper.gif

That's where you're wrong. RIIZE is an SM group, so we know those album orders will never ship.

baboonphone2.gif

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Take Me Apart said:

He dogwhistled his way into supporting the conservative candidate during their last elections, I wonder why it didn't make more noise 

Not me playing Mingyu Defender now :rip: If Dino's solo flops after all this, I'm boycotting Mingyu again

This "dog whistle" is probably the closest thing hes gotten to actually expressing any rightwing/incel/conservative views some people love to accuse him of so fair of you to bring it up (definitely makes more sense than the collage). But the situation isn't clear cut and it's only the most viable one because the intention is so unclear. Basically he posted a photo of him in a red sweater and captioned it with a red heart before election day. People thought that by wearing red and doubling down on the red with the heart, he was expressing his support for the rightwing candidate

But Mingyu also always uses a colored heart in the caption of his IG posts to match the color of what hes wearing or any other prominent colors in the photo. Are the same people who are accusing him of being a right-wing conservative for the red heart going to think hes trying to say hes an ally with these rainbow hearts? Or would they recognize that hes just color matching? He has color matched so many hearts on so many of his IG posts and still does it today (his latest IG post)

So the red heart thing might mean that hes a conservative incel right-wing or it might not. It's definitely the closest thing we have to being evidence of Mingyu holding these views so I find it so funny that so many people hold onto it and brand him this way while letting other male idols slide by for actually saying sexist/homophobic things. So to break down everything that makes people accuse Mingyu of being an incel:

• His bullying accusations which has been so debunk'd that not even knetz bring it up while they notoriously continue to comment about any idol they believe to be a bully: https://www.reddit.com/r/HobbyDrama/comments/mui841/kpop_the_kim_mingyu_saga_how_one_of_the_most/
  • His collage which has been explained numerously as people love bringing this one up. I already did a whole post about it on the page 4784 if you want to see what it's about
  • And the red heart post which is the closest thing we have to evidence of Mingyu holding these views people love accusing him of, and thats just because theres not clear answer on what his intent was

So do we know Mingyu is a right wing conservative? No. Do we know if he isn't one? Also no. We won't know unless he actually says something because I don't think its fair to accuse a person of being a bigot because of one post that could have been a misunderstanding. Thats the end of my "oppa didn't mean it." Dino better be famous and not nugu'd next week because all of this is happening by my Mingyu Marketing attempt for his solo

Dino 'Wait' is dropping on the 27th at 6pm KST

lorde-lorde-awkward.gif

Edited by gigantopithecus

Wish Jessica had a competent label. This staying on repeat all day:heart:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

very interesting indeed

baboon-newspaper.gif

Please stream Dino's 'Wait' on the 27th. I supported your RIIZE boy and posting these Mingyu photos have forced me to defend Mingyu

trisha-paytas-trisha.gif