• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Sept said:

To be fair, Melon is one of the rare charts in the world that totally eliminates fandom's power to manipulate the chart :cm:

That's why Lim Young-woong won Artist of the Year and Album of the Year on Melon Music Awards last edition :cm:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

That's why Lim Young-woong won Artist of the Year and Album of the Year on Melon Music Awards last edition :cm:

The Awards also factor in fan votes and judges' score + Digital sales (which is different from chart positions, like Spotify filtered vs unfiltered streams) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sept said:

The Awards also factor in fan votes and judges' score + Digital sales (which is different from chart positions, like Spotify filtered vs unfiltered streams) 

He was only behind BE'O in  'Artist of the Year' and the Top winner in 'Album of the Year' in predictions If you remove Votes and Judges, tho.

So I have doubts about your statement. :cm:

13 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

He was only behind BE'O in  'Artist of the Year' and the Top winner in 'Album of the Year' in predictions If you remove Votes and Judges, tho.

So I have doubts about your statement. :cm:

Daily ULs (Unique Listeners):

LYW: 175M

IVE: 177M

GI: 121M

You can't blame that people are actually streaming LYW + he has more songs charting than the others :redface:

LYW has a big fanbase, but he also has substantial GP support. There's a big difference between being around top 10 (LYW) vs N/A in top 100 (Stray Kidz)

LYW is #5 on Gallup 2022 (on par with NJs) which means the GP actually aware and knows who he is

Same can't be said about SKZ or any boygroups who can't manage to chart on Melon

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Darkling said:

I think it was probably his idea, he is convinced he wants to look sexy or whatever :emofish:

but I agree someone should have stopped that child, these fandoms are full of weirdos

IMG-0626.gif

he just doesnt have the vernacular or maturity to serve that type of hip action choreography yet. I hope he's not doing stuff he isn't comfortable with.

IMG-0626.gif

• Like 1

Without Melon's charting system, Lim Young Woong would be #1 to #10 on Melon charts right now (look at what's happening in Genie and Flo)

So yes, Melon's charting system is effectively eliminating or reducing fandom's power

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Mitsuki said:

Fr

The concept itself is cringe. Imagine paying for someone you don't even know and have nothing to talk about to talk to you :deadbanana2:

they get like 60 seconds

"I LOVE YOU SO MUCH YOU CHANGED MY LIFE I'D HAVE SEWER SIDED IF I HADN'T HEARD S-CLASS YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL CAN YOU GIVE ME AEYGO OKAY BYE"

phone-cancel.gif

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Sept said:

Daily ULs (Unique Listeners):

LYW: 175M

IVE: 177M

GI: 121M

You can't blame that people are actually streaming LYW + he has more songs charting than the others :redface:

LYW has a big fanbase, but he also has substantial GP support. There's a big difference between being around top 10 (LYW) vs N/A in top 100 (Stray Kidz)

LYW is #5 on Gallup 2022 (on par with NJs) which means the GP actually aware and knows who he is

Same can't be said about SKZ or any boygroups who can't manage to chart on Melon

But I've never said he is unknown, his fandom doesn't exist or is small. But It's a well known fact there's a strong fandom support to manipulate the charts that makes he chart higher, longer and having more cumulative streams and downloads that he would have only with organic digitals.

And It's possible simple cause your statement that Melon totally eliminate fandom power's manipulation is incorrent. They might filter and make it harder than It was now, but so does most official charts in the world within their own rules. 

So I don't know what you tried to achieve with your shady comment here. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gigantopithecus said:

We're doing beer generations now? :clap3: Can't wait for the 5th gen beer leader to be announced

:clap3: This is only the beginning of Hurricane Karina

1 hour ago, Darkling said:

In this house we only stan SINGERS :giraffe:

BKn5BOz.gif

this was cute

Ricky actually serving vocals :gaycat4:

BKn5BOz.gif

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

But I've never said he is unknown, his fandom doesn't exist or is small. But It's a well known fact there's a strong fandom support to manipulate the charts that makes he chart higher, longer and having more cumulative streams and downloads that he would have only with organic digitals.

And It's possible simple cause your statement that Melon totally eliminate fandom power's manipulation is incorrent. They might filter and make it harder than It was now, but so does most official charts in the world within their own rules. 

I think what you girls are missing is that it is Circle who eliminates fan manipulation. Yes, male artist stans seem to be able to still manage to manipulate one or two weeks on the charts, but they invest a ton of money into it and it takes so many unique accounts and people that I don’t find it unfair in the slightest.

I just wish Billboard would do the same, but they seem intent on including fraudulent streams. Like nobody in America believes Drake is an organic success at all.

9 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

Melon filters the charts but only daily charts and 24hits charts not for melon top 100 but they can’t 100% every ULS if his fans stream every hours. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eternium said:

I think what you girls are missing is that it is Circle who eliminates fan manipulation. Yes, male artist stans seem to be able to still manage to manipulate one or two weeks on the charts, but they invest a ton of money into it and it takes so many unique accounts and people that I don’t find it unfair in the slightest.

I just wish Billboard would do the same, but they seem intent on including fraudulent streams. Like nobody in America believes Drake is an organic success at all.

It's very hard to totally eliminate fradulence. Not only on MelOn, but everywhere. Billboard does "their best" to prevent fandom power's manipulation, maximizing Airplay's weight, weighted-down ad-supported streams to give more power to premium streams, minimized digital sales' weight, removed D2C etc). But they still can't filter Label Records' manipulation (playlisting, Discovery Mode, Airplay etc). 

Digital can't never be 100% organic anywhere. 

To be honest, I think the closer to an organic metric we have is Touring. And even this, Labels can manipulate - to a lesser extent, but can - covering up actual attendance reporting the amount of tickets sold were the tickets available to pretend It's 'sold out'. 

the Jennie chanel style of dress

F_YsCbBaMAAZqzS?format=jpg&name=large

it seems YG is pushing her to be the center now, it just means Ahyeon is kicked out and won't be back anymore

22 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

it seems YG is pushing her to be the center now,

Oh as they should :clap3:

• Like 1

• ATRL Administrator

Welcome back @Mel.

2 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

why u hate ahyeon?

I don't, I just like Ruka more :cm: