K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

5 minutes ago, Adama said:

Even the beers ads are boring now! Where is the fierceness, where is the slayage! Come on Karina deserved something more iconic :ace:

Hot topic in SK? 

I think it's moreso about social media as a whole, people prefer "relatable" content than flashy content. Anyone can see themselves popping a bottle of beer alone on the rooftop like Karina, but not many can command the attention at a party like Seolhyun 

• Like 2

• Replies 132.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

65Xm.gif

I'm so excited for SISTAR19 comeback!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, TheCal said:

F_Y6xuLb0AAzpmc?format=jpg&name=largeF_Y6xuJagAAtoEz?format=jpg&name=mediumF_Y6xuJbYAAy2rS?format=jpg&name=large

Riize's birthday wishes to Sohee are so sweet:allears:

wendypills.gif

Happy birthday Sohee:heart2:

Is he the youngest of the group after the nepo baby? 

if so, the fact that it feels unreal seeing a 21 year old in the maknae line from a newer group while the industry is pumping out 14 year olds 

wendypills.gif

Last thing I'm going to post about this MiA situation but I really think it's unfair how some people are trying to make people's reactions "reactive sensitive kpop fans." While you can disagree and be ok with that material as it is ultimately fiction, people are also allowed to be uncomfortable with and upset that a person they support likes/recommends it. And it's definitely not a case of reactive kpop fans because that anime is even controversial within the anime community, who are probably the #1 media consumers who are able to "separate fiction from reality" (except maybe gory horror movie fans)

I really think this take is coming from a place of not understanding the content of this anime or how much more you understand its implication when you're very familiar with how weird that community can get. The author is very much viewed as being a pdf by a lot of anime fans, including ones who consume his work for the plot/art. And as someone who used to watch a lot of anime and have heard of circles within that community that are flat out disturbing, a man like that writing a story like this (especially with those visuals) is coming from a very specific fantasy of seeing those things happen to character those age. I don't think this means that everyone who has ever watched this anime support this but I do think it's unfair to act us though we're unreasonable to be disturbed by it and that we're wrong to think the anime isn't worth watching despite it being very clearly this man's fantasies

And it's not even a case of not liking to see kids in horror. Most anime star teenagers, including the horror genre, but the implication of this content through both its graphic visuals in the manga and the author's own history makes it very clear that it's not coming from a normal place. Even outside of anime, lots of popular horrors include children. I didn't watch it but wasn't Skinamarink a very popular movie? Hereditary is one of the most mainstream horror movies ever and featured kids going through some really awful stuff too. Even American TV has things like Bates Motel, a whole show about an abused mentally-disturbed boy, or Yellowjackets which features high school girls in a very horrific situation but neither reach a fraction of the criticism or controversy this anime gets. People's reaction to this story isn't an overreaction of seeing kids in a horror story, it's a direct reaction to what seems to be the author's intent

Do I think that makes all the people who watched this, especially the censored Korean version, are all creeps? No, it's ultimately a mainstream and highly rated anime so many people are bound to watch it. But I do think people are allowed to criticize their media choices that they decided to make public, and it's their choice if they are no longer wanting to support them. Unless you have the fuller context behind this anime and how much it takes for an anime to be this controversial with anime fans, then I don't think it's fair to act like people are wrong to be upset

• Like 5

13 hours ago, poltergeist said:

29af712bea738b55788f2807e513e6ec5912e8866977836e3bd03660075fe3cdd26b4e5b117b6ccb

:-*

Everybody loves you baby
You should trademark your face

We thank him that he chose kpop instead of ice skating :gaycat6:

Instead of preparing her solo debut, Seungyeon is full time choreographer.

Edited by Xalric

52 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Is he the youngest of the group after the nepo baby? 

if so, the fact that it feels unreal seeing a 21 year old in the maknae line from a newer group while the industry is pumping out 14 year olds 

wendypills.gif

yes he is the second youngest. I wish others would follow them with debuting adults, maybe if they get successful enough

wendypills.gif

Edited by TheCal
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sept said:

I think it's moreso about social media as a whole, people prefer "relatable" content than flashy content. Anyone can see themselves popping a bottle of beer alone on the rooftop like Karina, but not many can command the attention at a party like Seolhyun 

Idk the most iconic cfs are not relatable at all… And that’s why Seolhyun cf was viral and talked. I think something fierce would have suited Karina more. Especially after her drama video lol, that one looked like an ad compared to the others members 

kinda obsessed with newjeans BBMA performance

the new mix of OMG whew

also OBSESSED with the intro, they SERVED :jonny6:

• Like 3

Irene, was trending on Naver, got multiple articles, hate comments and even some petition bc she recommended a « feminist »book , female idols are literally harassed if they use an emoji that incels hate, Hwasa had to go under investigation for perverted sexual act that brings embarrassment and shame by the police just for performing at a festival mind u,yet so far outside Pann no one is talking about the MIA issue. I know no one care about male idols but the double standards are just insane :biblio:

Edited by Adama
  • Like 1

New audition for Ador, all genders, I wonder if they are already slowly planning new GG as well:chick2:

Spoiler

wasn't the boy audition that happened months ago 2004-2012?

i wonder why Min Heejin decided for no more 11 year olds, it's not her usual self

:suburban:

• Haha 1

I can't believe my eyes :chick3: I'm not even thirsting, just remembering the times when we couldn't even see his forehead :ahh:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, supertiffany said:

why do i feel ruka's outfit was supposed to for ahyeon

the styling, which was very chanel-jennie

do you think ahyeon will still comeback?

idts. 

i think the same, ahyeon is probably out but they lied saying she’s still a member to test the waters :mandown:

14 minutes ago, Seffers said:

kinda obsessed with newjeans BBMA performance

the new mix of OMG whew

also OBSESSED with the intro, they SERVED :jonny6:

It was so good but honestly something with Haerin looks off. Her dance moves were very weak for her she looked without energy I hope she’s ok. Danielle and Hanni are truly the stars of the group they have such a strong stage presence and charisma I would love to see a sub unit of this two 

wendypills.gif

Jessica's album sounds better than Yawn's. 

Zack won, I fear.

2 hours ago, Adama said:

Even the beers ads are boring now! Where is the fierceness, where is the slayage! Come on Karina deserved something more iconic :ace:

Hot topic in SK? 

come on now, if you wanted fierceness and slayage in a beer cf.

Spoiler

• Like 1

One thing about Starship is they will make their act sing for some junk food.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TheCal said:

F_Y6xuLb0AAzpmc?format=jpg&name=largeF_Y6xuJagAAtoEz?format=jpg&name=mediumF_Y6xuJbYAAy2rS?format=jpg&name=large

Riize's birthday wishes to Sohee are so sweet:allears:

wendypills.gif

Happy birthday Sohee:heart2:

this is so cute im gonna die

wendypills.gif

• Like 2