K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

I saw the brazilian tweet that people here are talking about. From how they worded it, I don't think they meant BLACKPINK created girlcrush, but that they made it becoming a trend in a specific moment of K-pop It wasn't as popular as It used to be in the past. 

What is true, but the biggest problem of the tweet for me is the op was treating It as If K-pop needed to be "saved" from aegyo. The superior complex some K-pop stans have over music is annoying. They can't dislike something like normal people, just don't listen and let it go. They have to constantly make sure everyone knows only what they like is worth it and everything else is pure trash that doesn't deserve any attention.

I mean, you are just a nobody from Texas, your opinion is not as relevant as you think It is. 

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

They have to constantly make sure everyone knows only what they like is worth it and everything else is pure trash that doesn't deserve any attention.

Oh wow, sounds like someone we're very familiar :celestial6:

Edited by Odette Violet

He actually did more than just highlights :rip: @TheCal

wonbin is black blue he Looks so good 

omg :jonny5:

• Like 2

TVXQ comeback in December :monkey:

the fact that SM will squish all the artists in this 3 months :rip:

• ATRL Administrator

G-ISIS really is a top tier GG and they don’t get the credit they deserve. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

Oh wow, sounds like someone we're very familiar :celestial6:

I didn't think in anyone specifically, apart from the op. This is just so frequent in any K-pop bubble on all types of social media I've been through that I just ignore most of the time :deadbanana2:

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

G-ISIS really is a top tier GG and they don’t get the credit they deserve. 

Say It louder :'(

'i burn', specially, is their magnum opus

2 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

I didn't think in anyone specifically, apart from the op. This is just so frequent in any K-pop bubble on all types of social media I've been through that I just ignore most of the time 

Ik but since we are on KTRL. Not that hard to pinpoint whose hew base on this descriptions :eli:

14 minutes ago, Sorecer said:

TVXQ comeback in December :monkey:

the fact that SM will squish all the artists in this 3 months :rip:

it just makes no sense to me at ALL... the way the whole year is basically WIDE OPEN and mostly for NCT (I love them and dont blame them) while the other groups get october-december :noparty:

Edited by youresotoxic

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Cmw4LlZVMAEZ2Dp?format=jpg&name=large
f4638ddb76173f31c6532d72829841f1.jpg

1 hour ago, kendoll2001 said:

scoups.gif
3ca4368b9694d931b117a6af0551703571b4ab57

I'm shaking, you guys

alcoholeic2-ohmygoshjoshx.gif

I'm sorry but how is it possible for someone to serve face this hard just walking thru the airport

F7oFSyZW4AAqWDP?format=jpg&name=largeF7oitZ5WUAAwGMM?format=jpg&name=large

F7oWCPFagAAw8X2?format=jpg&name=4096x4096F7ooDwnWoAAYZVt?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

oh they're heading to do a gig in Saudi Arabia 

I hereby declare them temporarily cancelled 

• Haha 1

sounds horrible :rip:

Edited by youresotoxic

Is always a kii watch NCT members reacting to their songs :laugh:

Doyoung :deadbanana4:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

I'm sorry but how is it possible for someone to serve face this hard just walking thru the airport

F7oFSyZW4AAqWDP?format=jpg&name=largeF7oitZ5WUAAwGMM?format=jpg&name=large

F7oWCPFagAAw8X2?format=jpg&name=4096x4096F7ooDwnWoAAYZVt?format=jpg&name=large

It's over for everyone when he starts getting brand deals and has to take part in those stupid airport fashion shows

F7ol1OxWcAAdE2_?format=jpg&name=smallF7ol1i6WoAAWBnQ?format=jpg&name=small

3 minutes ago, DelRey said:

doyoung :bibliahh: taeyong being the only one to actually WANT the song :deadbanana2:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

@Witnessed ET @kendoll2001

I'm honestly impressed by how much longevity SVT has and how they managed to outlast most of their peers. They kinda had a slow start especially back when 3rd gen was dominating, like weren't they behind the likes of EXO, NCT and GOT7 etc. back then? I sometimes forget that they are 3rd gen group, since they reached their peak way later compared to most of their peers. Like SVT weren't even on my radar until like 2021, and I was surprised to find out that they debuted in 2015 :dies:

What song was their breakout song aka their "God's Menu"?

I know kendoll king has already given most of the info but:

Their domestic breakthrough was very early on with AJU NICE in 2016. An iconic song in kpop. 

Their international breakthrough was Dont Wanna Cry in 2017 which gained them a lot of int fans and a global exposure. 

so they’ve had success in all avenues at this point and they still keep getting bigger on their NINTH year in the industry, with their latest comeback SUPER smashing on the Korean charts, the album being the highest selling of the year and one of the highest selling kpop albums ever(is it already the best selling now?), a successful tour in multiple continents etc. A very very impressive career to the say the least. And it makes me so happy to say that they deserve every inch of their success because they’re such a complete group with every quality you could ask for in a group. :'(

3 hours ago, kendoll2001 said:

Yeah, Seventeen gives "that guy who's always been there but you don't end up falling in love with until years later" energy :fan: They've always been successful domestically though, and I'd say their earliest breakout hit was "AJU NICE" back in 2016. But between them coming up with BTS, and having 13 members -  they're definitely coming into their own and peaking much later in their trajectory. I'd say when HYBE acquired Pledis in 2020 was a big turning point for them in terms of overall global standing. I personally didn't get into SVT until that Summer when they released "Left & Right" :allears:

Left & Right is such a serotonin boost for me, that song is truly sunshine bottled in a few mins, quirky excellence :WAP:

34 minutes ago, youresotoxic said:

wait... :jonny2:

Since SeKai will be in the military (and Lay will still be in China), Xiumin is next in line for main dancer :jonny5:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DelRey said:

:dies: OF COURSE taeyong was into it

nct-sticker-reaction-nct-grief.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Selenasworld said:

They way you spilled nothing at all, girl do you remember Justin Bieber, Timberlake, 1D and NSYNC etc is not that they wear monk habits to perform , do they? KTRL is literally saints compared to what is out there, mostly p*rn fantasies 

worse things being out there doesn't justify it though. I was just explaining why me and so many others take issue. It's really not that deep.:pancake: