K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

Just finished the 1st episode of BOYS PLANET 

I have to say that so far, the G group is eating the K group UP in talent and skill
the Korean trainees should be embarrassed the Global trainees came to Korea and are serving them on their own turf
lol the K group were so confident they would be better than the G group because they're Korean

and chile it was clearly bias from the judges that gave the K group from YUE HA all-stars
the G group from YUE HA were definitely much better and they got their stars taken? :biblio:

all and all, I thought Jay, Haruto, Han Bin and Andrew were the standouts :flame:

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

this is actually kinda good :jamming: their vocals during the bridge sound great too

1 hour ago, Harrier said:

Let's cleanse our ears with Yawn's soulful vocal on this boring new OST.

this is stunning, she sounds so good :chick3: 

NOT SM debuting a new GG when aespa haven't got a full album! The way God always finds his way to punish the sheep:redface:

new girl group tf you can't even do things right with aespa :biblio:

and 40 albums? :biblio:

3 minutes ago, paperfectdelusion said:

NOT SM debuting a new GG when aespa haven't got a full album! The way God always finds his way to punish the sheep:redface:

There’s nothing better than multiple active female groups. Look at HYBE and JYP.

3 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

new girl group tf you can't even do things right with aespa :biblio:

and 40 albums? :biblio:

We already have:

1. Got The Beat 1st Mini Stamp On It

2. NCT 127 4th Album Repackage Ay-Yo

I wonder if they’re counting digital singles:

1. Miracle Wendy x Melomance

2. Parallel Parallel TVXQ (Japan)

3. Best Friend Ever NCT Dream (Japan)

It would make sense because they’re supposed to have 7 albums between 1/1/23 and 3/31/23, and I don’t expect to see 5 more physicals in 57 days.

8 minutes ago, Eternium said:

There’s nothing better than multiple active female groups. Look at HYBE and JYP.

We already have:

1. Got The Beat 1st Mini Stamp On It

2. NCT 127 4th Album Repackage Ay-Yo

I wonder if they’re counting digital singles:

1. Miracle Wendy x Melomance

2. Parallel Parallel TVXQ (Japan)

3. Best Friend Ever NCT Dream (Japan)

It would make sense because they’re supposed to have 7 albums between 1/1/23 and 3/31/23, and I don’t expect to see 5 more physicals in 57 days.

sm already has 3 active ggs right now

- aespa

- rv

- got the beat

and they couldn't manage them right or give them good songs. a new gg isn't needed

Edited by MonsterNavy

I’m so livid for aespa right now. They really had the world in their fingertips before the Girls era and SM keeps f****** it up for them and now they want to debut a new gg before even giving them their first full album? When Girls broke GG sales records even though they gave them quite possibly their worst era yet? I’m lowkey worried they are going to pay them dust àla f(x) and I hate it. NingNing Houston deserves better. :biblio:

Not SMNGG in 2nd quarter:dies:When they debut on the same day with BAEMON

People already expect SM to debut a new boygroup as their main 4th gen focus while NCT system is where they'll make experiment music in the future. The most shocking thing is SM plan to debut a new gg 2nd quarter. With this plan, I guess SM will have multiple divisions like JYP.

Edited by joysaiyo

6 minutes ago, Iridesence said:

I’m so livid for aespa right now. They really had the world in their fingertips before the Girls era and SM keeps f****** it up for them and now they want to debut a new gg before even giving them their first full album? When Girls broke GG sales records even though they gave them quite possibly their worst era yet? I’m lowkey worried they are going to pay them dust àla f(x) and I hate it. NingNing Houston deserves better. :biblio:

Ningning should've been in NewJeans :angry: what a WASTE~! We don't need Hyein (shes too young anyways)

Imagine a Ningning, Danielle, Haerin and Hanni vocal lineup :jonny5: minji can sing adlibs if she wants!

can we take the time to appreciate the fact that no one in newjeans is a vocal HOLE. the way each of them can carry singing parts LIVE without sounding like Momoriah Carey whew!

yikes I guess I was right about aespa :biblio: Hybe's success has SM shook that is for certain.

poor heep :emofish:

1 minute ago, New Edition said:

yikes I guess I was right about aespa :biblio: Hybe's success has SM shook that is for certain.

poor heep :emofish:

Maybe if they never had a weird concept from the beginning. SM was doing too much for no reason 

2 hours ago, hallucinate said:

the movie was highkey lowkey traumatizing :biblionny::monkey: 

he did incredibly well and i love how he avoids typecasting & isn’t afraid to take such heavy roles

stan jinyoung stan talent(s) :jonny5:

Wait, I need to watch my man’s, my soul mates movie.

Where is it streaming? :WAP:

2 minutes ago, Jenlisa said:

Maybe if they never had a weird concept from the beginning. SM was doing too much for no reason 

Yeah they shot themselves in the foot kinda, trying to do K/DA, AleXa and BlackPink all at once with NFT/AI stuff. They shot themselves in the foot again when SM saw the success of NL, got too excited over FINALLY getting a hit from one of their groups and decided to make Kwangya the concept of all of SM. They shot themselves in the foot again creating the SMCU at a time when the actual MCU was declining with mainstream audiences. Then again trying to copy and outdo BlackPink's Coachella performance only to be outdone by the disbanded 2NE1 and make no noise. The constant silly pushes into the American mainstream. Then again with the entire Girls era and zero proper promotions. Just miss after miss. 

Sheep made things worse when they went too hard in the pain for aespa too early. I remember saying at the beginning of 2022, aespa's success is largerly due to the lack of competition - and that once the other big companies started to debut their 4th gen girl groups, that will be the true test of aespa's popularity. I still maintain that we won't see where the chips fall until the end of 2023. But my prediction for 2022 - that aespa would end up buried by the competition - ended up being correct.

Of course, there's always hope for groups. I suspect, however, that SM saw that Hybe successfully debuted two new girl groups in a year, one of which is doing great and the other of which is breaking BTS's records. And they're probably thinking, why do we have to wait 8 years before debuting a new girl group of the one we debuted has already peaked? I will say that they'll have to sort out whatever is going on in the SM system first or else it's just going to be another waste. I also like the idea of a girl band, SM should try it.

So essentially we're going to get to a point where groups will have a very short time to hit and will be dumped or sidelined if they don't. Which means less preparation / less quality. 

imagine if sm let MHJ do the newjennies concept with aespa with the same music and aesthetics and all :cries: 

4 minutes ago, New Edition said:

Yeah they shot themselves in the foot kinda, trying to do K/DA, AleXa and BlackPink all at once with NFT/AI stuff. They shot themselves in the foot again when SM saw the success of NL, got too excited over FINALLY getting a hit from one of their groups and decided to make Kwangya the concept of all of SM. They shot themselves in the foot again creating the SMCU at a time when the actual MCU was declining with mainstream audiences. Then again trying to copy and outdo BlackPink's Coachella performance only to be outdone by the disbanded 2NE1 and make no noise. The constant silly pushes into the American mainstream. Then again with the entire Girls era and zero proper promotions. Just miss after miss. 

Sheep made things worse when they went too hard in the pain for aespa too early. I remember saying at the beginning of 2022, aespa's success is largerly due to the lack of competition - and that once the other big companies started to debut their 4th gen girl groups, that will be the true test of aespa's popularity. I still maintain that we won't see where the chips fall until the end of 2023. But my prediction for 2022 - that aespa would end up buried by the competition - ended up being correct.

Of course, there's always hope for groups. I suspect, however, that SM saw that Hybe successfully debuted two new girl groups in a year, one of which is doing great and the other of which is breaking BTS's records. And they're probably thinking, why do we have to wait 8 years before debuting a new girl group of the one we debuted has already peaked? I will say that they'll have to sort out whatever is going on in the SM system first or else it's just going to be another waste. I also like the idea of a girl band, SM should try it.

Wait you didn’t even spill you literally just caused a flood :deadbanana: and it says a lot if they were outshined by 2ne1 because that performance was pretty whack, I say that as a fan lol.

I just hope SM learned from this before the new GG debuts, but more than anything I just wish they’d GAF about red velvet 

8 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

imagine if sm let MHJ do the newjennies concept with aespa with the same music and aesthetics and all :cries: 

nah it wouldn't fly tbh. i feel like karina, giselle and ningning look too high class for it to work, the aespa lineup visually looks more like SM's attempt at BLACKPINK it wouldn't work.

2 minutes ago, Jenlisa said:

Wait you didn’t even spill you literally just caused a flood :deadbanana: and it says a lot if they were outshined by 2ne1 because that performance was pretty whack, I say that as a fan lol.

I just hope SM learned from this before the new GG debuts, but more than anything I just wish they’d GAF about red velvet 

It really was and I want it erased from existence. the coachella debut being their first live performance with a huge audience didn't help either

the mediaplay backfired and I bet sm never saw the 2ne1 reunion too