K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

5 hours ago, Adama said:

I checked and I didn’t saw their album in the Target pre orders section… Meanwhile NCT and TXT upcoming albums are there :ace:

i’m genuinely SO confused about this whole rollout

like what’s starship/columbia’s goal here? are they trying to chart in billboard 200? or do they not want to songs to debut with partial streams?

why bother releasing on a friday if you are not going to release it on stores & create exclusive versions? or why even have this comeback at all if you’re not going to promote it before and after the release…

• Like 1

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

we used to (rightfully) drag SM for focusing on US instead of Korea during the Girls era but at least they showed some effort

while IVE is N/A

:suburban: 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheCal said:

the other group can only wish to have song like siren

:rogue:

Is a similar vibe :coffee2:

I do agree Siren is a bop but if SM really wants to hit big with the group that’s clearly not the right choice :coffee2:

If Starship doesn't have neither a plan to distribute IVE's album globally (and I don't mean only on US, but even across other regions like the Big4 have been doing with the flagship acts), nor promoting them to the western audience through performances or decent playlisting, I don't see the point of switching their usual time/date of release. You just don't fix what isn't broken. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sorecer said:

The difference of clothe between Sohee and Shotaro :lmao:

So it starts with them moving to the dorm :coffee2: I really wanted to see the reactions specially of Shotaro and Sungchan when they will told they will debut in RIIZE :bird:

I love their bond already :bird:

can’t wait for the studio recording ep :jonny5:

I bet they were so happy that their reactions could have started a drama btw them and Nct fans lol 

50 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

I'm not sure about Chanel and It's ambassadors, since the event didn't happen yet...

But I understand the Dior one, I saw Jisoo, Jennifer Lawrence, Robert Pattinson, Charlize Theron etc were there representing

It is. 
Since 2018, Jennie is always at the RTW shows and she started attending the Métiers des arts shows this year. 

GD haute couture and cruise shows 

Kim Go Eun Haute couture shows 

And since this year Park Seo Jun attends RTW shows  

others than them, the local ambassadors never attended shows.

And for Dior it’s not only Haerin, Kim Yuna, Jimin, Eunwoo and Han So hee didn’t attends (the men would probably attends the PMFW)

21 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

i’m genuinely SO confused about this whole rollout

like what’s starship/columbia’s goal here? are they trying to chart in billboard 200? or do they not want to songs to debut with partial streams?

why bother releasing on a friday if you are not going to release it on stores & create exclusive versions? or why even have this comeback at all if you’re not going to promote it before and after the release…

I swear! The roll out is so confusing, and I hate that they are chasing the US market when they should clearly focus on the Korea/Japan and the rest of Asia. 

Starship and Colombia fumbled so bad these past 2 era with albums distribution. Like you said, the bare minimum would’ve been to at least have their albums in target and other US places. like what’s the point in signing with them if that isn’t the first thing you do???

Edited by Adama
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

If Starship doesn't have neither a plan to distribute IVE's album globally (and I don't mean only on US, but even across other regions like the Big4 have been doing with the flagship acts), nor promoting them to the western audience through performances or decent playlisting, I don't see the point of switching their usual time/date of release. You just don't fix what isn't broken. 

It reminds me of when JYP started to push Itzy in the west instead of debuting in japan sooner. Now they’re heavily promoting in Korea and ditched the US. 

It’s weird since SS pushed Monsta X in the west and are signed to Columbia too and they used to distribute their albums and promote in The US. It’s not like they have no ressources or connections. 

• Like 1

1PM kst :rip: I hate this era so much. 

starshi*s I'hasbeens over Newjennies won

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, motherpills said:

who else cheered? 99% sure this is true because the aespa girlies said at the concert that they're preparing for the comeback as soon as their Paris date is over

Red Velvet at the end of the month again... imma guess the 27th. Just like how it was the 28th last year, last monday of November

I am in LOVE with Chisa :heart2: 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, applestar said:

starshi*s I'hasbeens over Newjennies won

“Either Way” is significantly better than anything on “Get Up.” It’s what NJ’s third title should have been. 

IVE came through with AOTY and I fear they’re about to snatch MOTY from Aespa.

5 minutes ago, youresotoxic said:

Red Velvet at the end of the month again... imma guess the 27th. Just like how it was the 28th last year, last monday of November

Watch it be Halloween themed :deadbanana: 

45 minutes ago, Xalric said:

talent wise aespa is better but speaking of catalogue f(x) is still miles ahead.

That’s fair, but f(x) have already had a full career. Comparing them at the same points, Aespa is absolutely eating f(x). 

• Thumbs Down 2

But let’s kill the buzz releasing noise :rip:

5 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

How do you always find all these gifs so fast that fits in and detailed with whatever subject in here?

math-korean.gif

its a talent

math-korean.gif

12 minutes ago, Eternium said:

“Either Way” is significantly better than anything on “Get Up.” It’s what NJ’s third title should have been. 

:johnald: the spanish little kid dancing song >>>>> wailing on the track

2 hours ago, Sorecer said:

And the first episode is here :jonny5:

Anton packing his toys and then calling it a day

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9526adbd5o8qhbr35nj5se

Just now, Save-Me-Oprah said:

Anton packing his toys and then calling it a day

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9526adbd5o8qhbr35nj5se

He’s so funny :lmao:

22 minutes ago, Eternium said:

Either Way” is significantly better than anything on “Get Up.” It’s what NJ’s third title should have been. 

IVE came through with AOTY and I fear they’re about to snatch MOTY from Aespa.

Watch it be Halloween themed :deadbanana: 

That’s fair, but f(x) have already had a full career. Comparing them at the same points, Aespa is absolutely eating f(x). 

For you... AKA one of the biggest NewJeans antis of this forum.

6 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

These are all the million selling boy groups in history of Kpop in the 21 century: 

• SEVENTEEN
  • Stray Kids
  • BTS
  • NCT DREAM
  • TXT
  • NCT 127
  • ZEROBASEONE
  • EXO
  • TREASURE
  • ENHYPEN
  • ATEEZ

According to you, 90 % of these 11 boy groups are irrelevant in the real world compared to RIIZE. 

11 x 90  : 100 = 9,9

According to mathematics, RIIZE should be more relevant than all of these boy groups listed here apart for 1 group. 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9520orrwvl4f1kfovqrs7

i live in korea, can you tell me how many boy groups are charting in the top 50 atm?

(the answer is two. riize and seventeen)

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9520orrwvl4f1kfovqrs7

Edited by Windy Day
  • Like 1