• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

@Witnessed ET Why are twitter enegenes so GHETTO.. Why am I hearing a security women filmed them checking in with their visa QR from the desk itself, isnt that doxxing?? :deadbanana2:

34 minutes ago, 4Walls said:

Genuine question: when was the last time a GG gave us an actual full album? Other than BP(and let’s be honest……lol) or a few Japanese releases like…….

I miss full albums so much. I know it was kinda rare in general back in the day but like…..remember 2015/2016? Literally so many groups released full (and classic) albums and now…..another single album from STAYC. Another mini from AESPA……like……..the laziness is too much 

Idle's I Never Die, I guess?

10 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

There's no point in releasing a full album which will sell 2M when you can sell a single album that sells 1.2M :michael:

Aren’t you a MUSIC FAN? Dont u want more MUSIC from your groups? Are these Kpop labels paying your bills? Naw. Full albums should be a regular thing PERIOD. Even Jpop artists/groups release way more full albums. 

Were second gen groups selling 1.2 million albums regularly? No. And yet…….they have actual classic A L B U M S under their belt. There’s no excuse tbh

6 minutes ago, 4Walls said:

Aren’t you a MUSIC FAN? Dont u want more MUSIC from your groups? Are these Kpop labels paying your bills? Naw. Full albums should be a regular thing PERIOD. Even Jpop artists/groups release way more full albums. 

Were second gen groups selling 1.2 million albums regularly? No. And yet…….they have actual classic A L B U M S under their belt. There’s no excuse tbh

I don't think they were defending this business model :rip: it's just that it's more profitable. Kpop was never about the music, back then they made full albums because fans bought more of those. Today you'll still have 10 Chinese fanbases buying a million copies even if it's a single album, so the full album investment is not worth it

I do love a full lenght moment, but it's pretty pointless with how the industry moved imo.

Not only from a business standpoint it's more profitable putting out minis, but as a fan there's just not that much of a difference. You will get the same single title track, very rarely a double title from either models and the album tracks sitting there that will never be played live.

Edited by mathekr

The things that I read in this thread on the daily :rip:

imagine coming for Twice with the same weak “talent” drags to defend LUCAS out of everyone :dies: the jokes write themselves.

22 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

@Witnessed ET Why are twitter enegenes so GHETTO.. Why am I hearing a security women filmed them checking in with their visa QR from the desk itself, isnt that doxxing?? :deadbanana2:

That’s a mess :rip: but idk I don’t really care about Twitter fans tbh. Most of them are crazy.

1 hour ago, kendoll2001 said:

Mingyu ate that blue suit up :gaycat5:

I’m excited, and miss Lee Young Ji sounds like she’s killing her verse :clap3:

My handsome MEN :clap3:

also Youngji looks gorgeous damn. And I know she’ll eat up her verses. 

1 hour ago, Lost In Paradise said:

I'm so behind on my SVT journey but this all sounds EXCELLENT and FUN

Yeah they’re hands down the best vocalists in Seventeen and this sound and concept suits this trio’s personality so much. I’m very excited, even though it’s only 3 songs lol. 

54 minutes ago, 4Walls said:

Genuine question: when was the last time a GG gave us an actual full album? Other than BP(and let’s be honest……lol) or a few Japanese releases like…….

I miss full albums so much. I know it was kinda rare in general back in the day but like…..remember 2015/2016? Literally so many groups released full (and classic) albums and now…..another single album from STAYC. Another mini from AESPA……like……..the laziness is too much 

Out of the active groups: 

Red Velvet: 2017

Mamamoo: 2019

Twice: 2021

Apink: 2022

Blackpink: 2022

I'm not sure about itzy and gidle but i think none of the rest of 4th gen gg have releases a full album yet 

45 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

SOTY 2023

the power they have in Korea is insane :jonny5:

their new physical release will destroy some records I'm sure about it :jonny5:

Nll9aFv.gif

37 minutes ago, 4Walls said:

Which won’t be happening lmao 

They’re following a pretty standard business model. The groups will release a full every two years.

The biggest issue is the death of the repackage - it’s been replaced by single albums because that way you don’t have to pay royalties for all the songs that show up again on a repackage that were already on the full. It’s criminal.

As a fan I truly don’t see the logic of not wanting full albums lmao

And if there isn’t that much of a difference…..then why not just release full albums like :rip: once every few years even? 

obvs Kpop has always been about money and putting out minis is “cheaper” but like….is it REALLY that much cheaper? Like honestly 

7 minutes ago, Eternium said:

They’re following a pretty standard business model. The groups will release a full every two years.

The biggest issue is the death of the repackage - it’s been replaced by single albums because that way you don’t have to pay royalties for all the songs that show up again on a repackage that were already on the full. It’s criminal.

THIS helps my argument even more. Like repackages are dead AND full albums are dead too? Like wtf. Over the 4 song minis and 2 song single albums. Truly scrapping the bottom of the barrel 

Edited by 4Walls

Will the 4th gen dominance truly begin in 20 minutes?

I'm way too old to be this happy about some teenagers beating BTS's record. And I don't even hate BTS, I used to be kind of a fan, but them thinking they could get a Grammy with those basic ass songs turned me off of them.

Let's go NewJennies :jonny5:

They better get a thread title.

there's probably a bts stan somewhere making a thousand Bugs accounts to buy that Taeyang song as we speak

Dynamite and Gen 3:

clire.jpg

Edited by Gwendolyn