K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

18 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Mind you Taeyeon is only behind IU as the biggest soloist in Kpop history🤭 not even the army member bulkbuying and billboard Fruad placements can change that. 
Yoona ate Suzy up and outlasted every 2nd Gen & 3rd Gen Idol main it girl and actress. 🤭

-Tiffany works with The legendary Babyface, one of the greatest R&B pioneers ever and held a sold out American tour on her own. Something most Kpop groups in general are still struggling to do this summer🤭

-Seohyun’s only EP Topped Korean Album charts and world Album charts at Number 1, and Billboard at #3 making it the biggest Kpop album in America in January 2017. This was before BTS broke that record later that year by being the first to have thier album debut #1 on the chart for multiple weeks. 🤭People forget Seohyun paved the way. Also SNSD & TTS charted on Billboard years prior but people like to erase them from the history books🤣 

-Yuri is currently on a Sold out Fanmeet across all of Asia. And even tho she is just performing here one album and OhGG! Songs she is still filling up Arenas and venues all summer long🤭

-Hyoyeon on an extensive Festival run.
Performing festivals and events across South was Asia. 

Taeyeon & Jessica are self explanatory. They have the records, sales, and acclaim to prove my point. The narrative that only Taeyeon and YoonA are the only successful soloists is just factually wrong. The only soloist that don’t make noise is sunny. But even Sooyoung is a business women and her solo adventures are more profitable and impactful in the entertainment industry then like 95% of all female idols in 2nd and even 3rd Gen 🤭

Can we call Sunny a soloist though when she hasn't even debuted solo yet? 

• Like 1

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Sept said:

Can we call Sunny a soloist though when she hasn't even debuted solo yet? 

True. :rip: SM should have given her a sexy concept. She would have slayed 

it would be a kii if the great news jisoo talked about was a renewal without lisa :giraffe:

i need some GG drama and infighting, its been awhile!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Selenasworld said:

oh, ZB1 truly has Koria in a chokehold I wish their music were better, but they are just starting!

and Tae i still think he's the last or the second last attractive in the group but he looks so handsome here. 

everyone in zb1 is handsome, some more than others :redface:

if we're ranking top tier it's Jiwoong, Ricky and Gunwook without question :redface:

I can see him becoming Wonho'd or Changbin'd as he gets older. The difference tho is that he has the face to back it up :clap3:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

how is Kai's English getting worse :skull:

Taehyun is improving a lot tho :clap3:

They knew they had to serve for the gays

14 minutes ago, SandyJeans said:

another week in the top 10 for NewLegends :clap3:

where did born pink stand?

On another note! Miss Somi sis! She absolutely BODIED “Fast Forward” this is what I want and need from her from now on. She could really create her own lane and make a sound that is all

her own. Why did she give me a mix of X-Tina and Rosé in some scenes. She looks like Xtina DOWN in the thumbnail

PURE EATERY! :flame:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Century said:

Is SM's new pr strategy to start malicious rumors against idols who aren't compliant? Because that's what it looks like. SM 3.0 is a ******* nightmare. To think we almost had all the SM idols saved by HYBE :redface:

They won't. Watch them disbanding the hags, super seniors, TVXQ etc.  :eli:

2 hours ago, Flomik said:

IU?

IU is the Taylor Swift/Adele of Koria. She's on a whole different level. They prolly mean ex members of disbanded GGs :giraffe:

1 hour ago, dlwlrma said:

every company do missteps

but SNSD management is the best from 2nd gen girlgroups

let's be real

Tiffany in her first opportunity left Korea pursuing an american career

also for her really happen in Korea, they would need sacrifice Taeyeon 

SNSD Taeyeon the biggest soloist from a group 

Yoona is a very very successful actress

and all the other girls have their own solid brand too 

Literall all of this. Most of SNSD members maybe aren't musically successful sans Taeyeon but each of them has build a brand for themselves, there are no other 2nd Gen GG and members are as relevant as them in 2023 except Suzy  :cm:

Edited by Odette Violet

i didn’t notice the boob massage and hair fight when i watched that skit :rip: they are so unhinged

• Haha 2

• ATRL Administrator

Those two weeks went by quickly. 

• Haha 3

Just now, Odette Violet said:

Literall all of this. Most of SNSD members maybe aren't musically successful sans Taeyeon but each of them has build a brand for themselves, there are no other 2nd Gen GG and members are as relevant as them in 2023 :cm:

Snoozy being the only exception :jonnycat: 

8 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Those two weeks went by quickly. 

Which I still think was undeserved, but I digress…:michael:

But anywho….this is kind of a testament to how hard it is to sing “Gone”, this was not the song for them, it was kicking their ass

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

I just realized that Fast Forward doesn't have a second verse at ALL :rip:

Once the first chorus ends, the second prechorus immediately starts

That's an... interesting creative decision!

Happy 7th anniversary to the biggest Kpop gg of all time! :clap3: I can’t believe they have reached their 7 year mark already. They will always have a special place in my heart, since they were the group that introduced me to the Kpop world :clap3:

Back then I didn’t really understand the appeal of Kpop, until 2017 when a girl that I used to hook up with, was into Kpop and showed me Boombayah. I was hooked immediately! Ever since then whenever BP were to release something, I would always check it out, though I didn’t become a Blink until 2020 and I didn’t get into the Kpop genre as a whole until 2021. 

Anyways BP will always be those girls with the 4 biggest it-girls in Kpop history and no one comes close to each member’s solo power apart from the maknae line of BTS :ghostface:

The amount of things they have managed to achieve in those 7 years and with only 32 songs :ghostface:  

No one comes close, what an iconic career

9f66f02338b9251dfb2d51ac5e7c17db.jpg

Edited by Pluto2022
  • Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 1