K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

6 minutes ago, CandyCoatedClouds said:

Thank goodness, that kwangya concept should have been confined solely to Aespa. Not to every damn act in the company.

Aespa doesn’t even really do the Kwangya concept that much anymore

spacer.png

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, sunmimi imfurst said:

spacer.png

Are they? they are on a summer vacation in the real world right now. Give them 1 more year and they'll be back fighting another villAEn :sistrens:

Poor Girl. They're always setting her up 

Edited by Odette Violet

Hold on tight is adspa’s best song I fear, they all sounded amazing in it especially giselle :clap3:

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Rainy Devil said:

Sometimes I think they saw Next Level success and got waaay to excited. 

Tbh I think it was already in the works. Lee Soo Man loves to hold onto one idea for a long time before finally executing it, like the rotational group thing. It's just that this time we didn't know about it beforehand.

23 minutes ago, sunmimi imfurst said:

spacer.png

They still do, it's just really simmered down like it should have been in the first place, and not awkwardly inserted into their lyrics like their first four singles.

3 hours ago, rzal said:

they definitely wouldn't 

xjaa6Of.gif

no, aespa sold less tickets on their entire US tour than blackpink sold at 2 dates

xjaa6Of.gif

They definitely had the momentum and the stats to do it, so idk why you’d think otherwise, Nostradamus 

xjaa6Of.gif

3 hours ago, Century said:

New Generation is our only hope. @ador we need english versions yesterday

xjaa6Of.gif

They’re the only group among the current ggs who I see a breakthrough potential amidst the American gp tbh

xjaa6Of.gif

36 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

Speaking of Twice 

Top 10 Best Kpop sings material :giraffe:

Add these two and we have a stellar top 5. Most ggs can only WISH tbh. Twice is Kpop. 

spacer.png

Edited by Witnessed ET

54 minutes ago, sunmimi imfurst said:

everyone dragging JYP’s quality control but this legit deserved to be a hit in Korea :rip:

At least the international fandoms gets it 

The way the lasy chorus fills me with serotonin :jonny: TWICE should do more key changes idc id they have to screech. I have dragged JYP's title choice in the past because I do think TTT is the kind of song that wouldn't smash in SK but it definetly deserved to. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, sunmimi imfurst said:

everyone dragging JYP’s quality control but this legit deserved to be a hit in Korea :rip:

At least the international fandoms gets it 

56 minutes ago, Kwangya said:

when GODhyo comes through with the powerful chorus :WAP: 

when SANAGOD says her aegyo lines :jonnycat:

54 minutes ago, Century said:

One of the most infectious choruses to ever come out of Twix 

53 minutes ago, LCTV said:

Talent Acclaim and Beauty!

I want them to have more success everywhere.

xjaa6Of.gif

MTE. I mean this is legit one of the best catchiest songs to exist in kpop yet the usual suspects keep ignoring it when it comes to Twice and JYP ggs discussion. Weird behavior.

like it just keeps getting catchier as the song progresses and the production has the melody and the punch in the right places. Imagine not seeing the light 

xjaa6Of.gif

13 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Add these two and we have a stellar top 5. Most ggs can only WISH tbh. Twice is Kpop. 

spacer.png

I don't get the hype around Fancy :intoit:

LOA and TT >>> :foxaylove:

13 minutes ago, VelvetCrush said:

The way the lasy chorus fills me with serotonin :jonny: TWICE should do more key changes idc id they have to screech. I have dragged JYP's title choice in the past because I do think TTT is the kind of song that wouldn't smash in SK but it definetly deserved to. 

There’s no key change in this song but that last chorus is truly a mood lifter. Nayeoncé, Jihyo Knowles and Jeongyeon Rowland all slaying at the end.

xjaa6Of.gif

Why is this one of the best Kpop Bsides methinks. Deserves as title track more than snore that snore   :katie2:

Edited by Odette Violet
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

I don't get the hype around Fancy :intoit:

LOA and TT >>> :foxaylove:

It’s quite literally the quintessential kpop song with all the brightest elements without being too saccharine. But I can see if someone doesn’t like it. It’s still highly regarded as one of the best kpop songs though so there’s that major consensus 

xjaa6Of.gif

2 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

Why is this one of the best Kpop Bsides methinks. Deserves as title track more than snore that snore   :katie2:

Sis you should have kept this in the drafts. 
Basics>>>> 

not even gonna acknowledge the Smash That Smash slander

spacer.png

• Like 2

I never understood the huge hype around Feel Special, like it's not even in their top 20 best songs. It's my least favorite title track of theirs post 2018 tbh

Edited by Pluto2022
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

I never understood the huge hype around Feel Special, like it's not even in their top 20 best songs. It's my least favorite title track of theirs post 2018 tbh

I think besides the musicality of it, the themes of the song resonate with a lot of people. And it’s a departure from twice singing about love songs since the song  is about the members themselves :bird:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pluto2022 said:

Really? Set my Free from charts is right there, their worst Title track by far

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Likey still goes hard. Twice did those thing :clap3:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DelRey said:

Speak on it! Set Me Free (From Listening) is their worst! This coming from TLk That Talk was WILDDDD.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DelRey said:

Oh yeah I completely forgot about Set Me Free, which should tell you how I feel about that song :skull:

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Nein said:

Speak on it! Set Me Free (From Listening) is their worst! This coming from TLk That Talk was WILDDDD.

The mini was not good either, I gifted my album to a friend. 

talk that talk and all their last few releases have been the most bland and basic songs of the year :zzz:

their 2019 peak was one for the books tho

• Thumbs Down 1