K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

11 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

I was still an edgy teenager back then who thought Kpop was trash since everyone else was into it. Then randomly I watched 

with SNSD on youtube and got hooked with their charms esp Ice Princess Jessica Jung. Then the rest is history :jonnycat: An epiphany that changed my life forever. The power that these legends have :clap3:

hollering. the way you just rephrased the commentary :ahh:

My soshi story is I discovered them during my freshmen highschool years when watching youtube was a major struggle. I got hooked instantly since I'm already a huge GG/pop stan ( PCD were my s/// ) The Oh + Run Devil Run Era was a collapse. the amount of times I watched Oh! I was obsessed :jonny6:

A Dualidade de Conceitos e os MVs Conectados de Oh! e Run Devil Run

• Like 1

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

I remember staying up and having to google translate Japanese Sone twitter for the concert links to this :deadbanana: if only Tiktok was around back then.

They just don’t make performances like this no more😭 these Legends 

These outfits remind me of this....look at the dance spoiler they're doing from 0:15 :weeps:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CrisPop said:

This was so cool! The live band, ITZY’s amazing performing skills, them interacting with the crowd during Dalla Dalla :jonny: 

omg that is so unheard of for kpop :jonny6:

what show is this?

looks so fun :heart2:

Danielle was feeling her OATS @ lollapalooza :ahh: 

she knew she was looking SKINNNY and the redbull was hitting 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Kh-Loud said:

Ooh wow, JYP is about to form the greatest vocal group for the fifth gen. That first and last girl can literally out every one in Itzy and Twice already :superman:

I’m sorry but what were we even listening to? All I heard was melodyne and reverb. What is the point of these talent shows if you can’t ever hear anyone?

28 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

All this outrage and their peers are eclipsing them narrative are so tired at this point lmao. What do you want them to do? Aespa are not for every kpop fans and that's okay. Their absolutely doing fine with or without this culture you speak of :sistrens:

The fact that Aespa have three physicals and are still #2 for physical sales yet we keep hearing that they’re getting eclipsed. Only IVE has outsold them and they have three singles, one album, one Japanese single and one Japanese mini. It doesn’t make any sense.

40 minutes ago, Flomik said:

XG will be fine as long as they don't say the n-word

Sorry but :ahh: 

the BAR is in hell im crying

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, CrisPop said:

This was so cool! The live band, ITZY’s amazing performing skills, them interacting with the crowd during Dalla Dalla :jonny: 

Not the Oppas being shocked they came down to the audience :dies: 

this looked so fun though, hopefully crowd interactions are normalized in kpop all around. 

I know I'm late to the celebrations but happy birthday beyonce Girl's Generation!! :heart:

who remembers this collapse :jonny:

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Cain said:

Nn I’m kinda scared of Danielle becoming the most popular member ww, it will inspire a lot of thinkpieces :skull:

No but is she a Lisa stan, she MUST be

Some of Danielle’s facial expressions and vibe was giving Lisa, not as good ofc but she’s still young and Lisa’s dancing is hard to match anyway

Girly has been STUDYING and taking notes from the stage presence queen, and it’s working for her

14 minutes ago, Eternium said:

The fact that Aespa have three physicals and are still #2 for physical sales yet we keep hearing that they’re getting eclipsed. Only IVE has outsold them and they have three singles, one album, one Japanese single and one Japanese mini. It doesn’t make any sense.

Like I'm literally baffled how are this users pulling their own criterias to say Aespa is being eclipsed by their peers when there is like only one group who are way ahead than everyone else right now but it's pretty much everyone's game at the end of the day. In before someone posted Spotify stats here cuz :zzz:

Edited by Odette Violet

Just now, SandyJeans said:

I know I'm late to the celebrations but happy birthday beyonce Girl's Generation!! :heart:

who remembers this collapse :jonny:

"If you wanna be my boy 

I'm gonna be with you, forever and more

Just tell me that you love me, I'll be there 

Right? Alright. Just for YOU"

SLAYGI-x-JOYSUS.gif

• Like 1

NziWiIp.png

Circle digital points in 2023:

#NewJeans - 2.305B (13 charting songs)
#IVE - 1.654B (15 charting songs)
#LESSERAFIM - 1.013B (14 charting songs)

- gap -
#GIDLE - 808M (10 charting songs)
#aespa - 597M (10 charting songs)

B-but-but gap in album sales!

dn71TuB.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

52 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

I remember staying up and having to google translate Japanese Sone twitter for the concert links to this :deadbanana: if only Tiktok was around back then.

They just don’t make performances like this no more😭 these Legends 

wait this song is so cute, why have I never heard this :gaycat7:

the way I would kill to have their japanese discography on Spotify :chick3:

c'mon SM make it happen :bam:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, hétérosexuelle said:

No but is she a Lisa stan, she MUST be

Some of Danielle’s facial expressions and vibe was giving Lisa, not as good ofc but she’s still young and Lisa’s dancing is hard to match anyway

Girly has been STUDYING and taking notes from the stage presence queen, and it’s working for her

Nnn don’t let miss italics read this post 

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, SandyJeans said:

wait this song is so cute, why have I never heard this :gaycat7:

the way I would kill to have their japanese discography on Spotify :chick3:

c'mon SM make it happen :bam:

:gaycat:Blue Jeans is a classic. Ugh thier Japanese songs are so flawless. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

NziWiIp.png

- gap -

dn71TuB.gif

Nothing against aespa girlies and I think they’re doing very well still, but maybe I cackled a little :dies: their stans fixation with album sales will never not be funny. The cockiness from 2021 has still not left some of them  

spacer.png 

It's a real smash I fear. 

The way aespa can amass over half a billion digital points this year, with such sparse releases (1 per year with almost 10 months gap between, as opposed to multiple singles like other groups) is so impressive, despite the obvious mismanagement. 

This plus their (record breaking) album sales is testament to their GP and fanbase demand :clap3:

Edited by Zack
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Odette Violet said:

All this outrage and their peers are eclipsing them narrative are so tired at this point lmao. What do you want them to do? Aespa are not for every kpop fans and that's okay. Their absolutely doing fine with or without this culture you speak of :sistrens:

complacent stans that dont care about culture are more tired imo. :sistrens:

V working with Min Heejin for his debut :bibliahh:

ngl i'm kind of pressed because I want him to flop but aside from that it's so cringe to go for the top producer of the moment :bibliahh: specially because she's barely 1 year into newjeans

Edited by Tomek
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

28 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

NziWiIp.png

- gap -

dn71TuB.gif

So dumb. B-sides don't mean **** in Korea

Aespa has 1 comeback and 1 promoted single in the last one year, IVE has 2, LSRF has 2 (3 if we count Eve and we should considering the promo) , GI has 2, NJ has several

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, CrisPop said:

My girls would slay a set in a big festival. I want this for them :jonny5:

3 minutes ago, Sept said:

So dumb. B-sides don't mean **** in Korea

Aespa has 1 comeback and 1 promoted single in the last one year, IVE has 2, LSRF has 2 (3 if we count Eve and we should considering the promo) , GI has 2, NJ has several

Circle digital points in 2023

2.305B
1.654B

1.013B 

808M
597M

Argue with the wall.

xjaa6Of.gif

2 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Circle digital points in 2023

2.305B
1.654B

1.013B 

808M
597M

Argue with the wall.

xjaa6Of.gif

By your logic, Twice, OMG, Mamamoo and so on were bigger than BP in 2021 :ahh: argue with the wall

Edited by Sept