K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

23 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

We don’t see that level of celebrity anymore. 
spacer.png

They certainly don't either

image0.gif

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

• Replies 132.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh bts is pretty global, I hear their music especially all the time in public spaces especially dynamite and butter (I hear 50/50's cupid a lot too), every body around me knows who they are.

Armys being annoying and spamming bts everywhere worked:clap3:

20 minutes ago, Century said:

Does anybody else think it's weird how much Mys like to complain? Yes the group has been mismanaged a lot but stanning for potential instead of the music in front of you is moronic. In the past 14 months aespa has given us 2 minis, a bunch of orphan tracks, 10 MVs, 2 SMCU episodes, promotions in 3 different countries, a world tour, showcases in multiple countries, opportunities for some of the girls to start showing their solo talents or attend events solo, variety appearances, and a constant deluge of sns posts hitting us from all angles including being allowed to open up personal IGs.

There's 2-3 Mys in here in specific whomst I only ever see complain about aespa(unless they're posting a chart update to shade a group they don't like) and it's so tired. Pretty sure not even the other sheep **** with those users. My World was one of the best minis in industry history and their first tour is not only critically acclaimed but breaking records with it's numbers. Let's just support and be happy with what we have instead of using aespa as a dumping ground for all of our personal misery please. aespa works too hard for all that. :heart:

The amount of whining I've seen about Better Things not being a Japanese single or a Korean/English full album is nauseating. Just be happy we're getting a comeback 3 months after the last one.

I know you are giving your opinion from your experience as a MY, but this behavior is something that annoys me in K-pop stans as a whole. Even when the act is not mistreated/mismanaged they find something that isn't perfect to complain about and spending all their energy on the negavitity instead of the amazing things the act is offering. 

Like, your faves are dropping multiple albums a year, multiples MVs, a world tour etc and you are dying because they aren't doing tiktok promo like :rip:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

They certainly don't either

image0.gif

Well they did at one point and that’s more than most can say

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Witnessed ET said:

Well they did at one point and that’s more than most can say

spacer.png

image0.gif

17 minutes ago, Century said:

aespa deserves a Japan debut but this song wasn't fit for Japan and kinda slaps after the changes SM made + they haven't promoted in the US in over a year so the timing was correct, especially with it coming during their tour when fans are going to be checking for them more than ever.

It's not like this is coming after months of radio silence and tons of planning, this is a quick single they're shitting out for fans.

Well. We aren't really asking for boring english songs to begin with,  people are checking on them bc the girls sounds are something they can only pull off. we want more of that.

I don't personally like how SMess has been pandering to murika since the girls debuted when Japan is more than ready to embrace the girls. They can book festivals and tour here and there but trying to cater to the tasteless murikan gp is what draws the line for me  :giraffe:

Edited by Odette Violet

I was still an edgy teenager back then who thought Kpop was trash since everyone else was into it. Then randomly I watched an episode of Happy Together with SNSD on TV and got hooked with their charms esp Variety queen Sunny. Then the rest is history :jonnycat: An epiphany that changed my life forever. The power that these legends have :clap3:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

I’m kinda obsessed with this Zumba/Aerobics class choreo. It’s so satisfying to watch

the song being so good helps as well

spacer.png

The choreo is pure TORTURE actually I really don't understand how they can be smiling and singing live doing all that :redface:

The kpop training is paying off 

Just now, Flomik said:

The choreo is pure TORTURE actually I really don't understand how they can be smiling and singing live doing all that :redface:

The kpop training is paying off 

Yeah my hands hurt while watching them but I still can’t stop watching them. 
spacer.png

40 minutes ago, Century said:

Does anybody else think it's weird how much Mys like to complain? Yes the group has been mismanaged a lot but stanning for potential instead of the music in front of you is moronic. In the past 14 months aespa has given us 2 minis, a bunch of orphan tracks, 10 MVs, 2 SMCU episodes, promotions in 3 different countries, a world tour, showcases in multiple countries, opportunities for some of the girls to start showing their solo talents or attend events solo, variety appearances, and a constant deluge of sns posts hitting us from all angles including being allowed to open up personal IGs.

There's 2-3 Mys in here in specific whomst I only ever see complain about aespa(unless they're posting a chart update to shade a group they don't like) and it's so tired. Pretty sure not even the other sheep **** with those users. My World was one of the best minis in industry history and their first tour is not only critically acclaimed but breaking records with it's numbers. Let's just support and be happy with what we have instead of using aespa as a dumping ground for all of our personal misery please. aespa works too hard for all that. :heart:

The amount of whining I've seen about Better Things not being a Japanese single or a Korean/English full album is nauseating. Just be happy we're getting a comeback 3 months after the last one.

I mean clearly some MYs were stanning success and they are mad that aespa is not on top anymore. And i agree with your points that Kpop fans are always mad in general (with the trucks as the prime example :skull:)

But SM is literally in shambles and this info is publicly known. Aespa was supposed to comeback in Feb with a full album following by their concert. But the album was postponed and reduced to a mini. Everything in the Girls era was a hot mess and almost killed their career. Nobody in their right mind would think LTS was a correct US debut single, and the unnecessary media play that made the Blinks turned on the. So i think MYs has the reason to be mad :giraffe:

32 minutes ago, mokitsu said:

I don't know how anyone who's remotely fluent in english can listen to XG songs with a straight face :bibliahh:

Thrift shop keep ya change and ya two cents
Bad gyals on the rise, you a nuisance
Drop jaws, tie tongues, and the loose ends
Got pushed out a queen, I've been true since (mhm)
Ice with the flow, finna catch a cold
Snacking on the world 'issa bento' gimme more
When it's on, you know it's over with ya silly talk
Here's a tip though, when I tick you'd better tippy toe (church)

nicki-nicki-minaj.gif

if you get it you get it 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

43 minutes ago, mokitsu said:

I don't know how anyone who's remotely fluent in english can listen to XG songs with a straight face :bibliahh:

Like it's so bad :lmao:I cant

51 minutes ago, mokitsu said:

:jamming::jamming::jamming::jamming::jamming::jamming:

Harvey, the real Harley
Best believe that ain't no joke, ha
Cover dances we bodied
Prolly y'all need to take notes, ya
Everything we solid
While everything with y'all seem ghost
Yeah, I'm not tryna be the next so and so
But we catchin' up on 'em close
Ain't no pause button on me
Ain't no problems stressin' on me
Nah, I don't pick and choose I just show and prove
Maintain the same energy

giphy.gif

Cocona's rap in Galz Xypher is still the best rap they've ever had

C to the O-C-O-N-A
Be poppin' on them 808's
Who woulda' thought lil' 'ting
Would turn up on them like a fadeway?

200w.webp

C to the O-C-O-N-A

Be poppin' on them 808's

Who woulda' thought lil' 'ting

Would turn up on them like a fadeway?

Here for the throne, Khaleesi Flow

Burn 'em all, ain't no playin' no games

Hol' up, lemme just claim my throne real quick Okay? Okay? :loud:

918cb525144de20716e1b650e54af26a2db1eecd

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sept said:

But SM is literally in shambles and this info is publicly known. Aespa was supposed to comeback in Feb with a full album following by their concert. But the album was postponed and reduced to a mini.

I really like the songs that they cut from the mini but I think it was a fair sacrifice for the sake of brand consistency. The rollout that we got after the delays was pretty excellent despite being thrown together last minute and I'm sure most of what got cut was because of the messy breakup of SM.

39 minutes ago, Sept said:

Everything in the Girls era was a hot mess and almost killed their career. Nobody in their right mind would think LTS was a correct US debut single, and the unnecessary media play that made the Blinks turned on the. So i think MYs has the reason to be mad :giraffe:

Blinks have been anti-aespa since predebut when their cbars spread malicious rumors about Karina that tried to pit her against BTS + NCT bases or in this thread when they tried to say Ningning's natural face was a "botched attempt by Dr. Kim" to look like one of their favs. aespa taking the highest selling GG album + playing coachella's mainstage first wasn't media play they were just facts. The idea that any of it was mediaplay was a narrative set by jealous Blinks. Reporting facts without any spin isn't mediaplay.

Edited by Century

i just realized XG has an official GIPHY account that posts searchable gifs for them for all platforms  :deadbanana4:  :deadbanana4: :deadbanana4:

https://giphy.com/XGOfficial

Didnt know this was also a platform for their marketing team 

I checked for other artists that have them:

Hybe: 

BTS , TXT

SM:

aespa, NCT

JYP:

TWICE, NMIXX, SKZ, ITZY

YG:

BLACKPINK

starship:

IVE

I guess its related to what groups have US contracts?

Also Life's Too Short isn't the skip some people make it out to be, aespa's only bad single so far has been Forever. :gaycat:

LTS is cat

19 minutes ago, Century said:

Also Life's Too Short isn't the skip some people make it out to be, aespa's only bad single so far has been Forever. :gaycat:

LTS isn't a bad song but it's pretty much like a lost child in Aespa flawless disco, it doesn't fit in. Forever is a side project, let's leave it like that :hippo:

MR. TAXI - the 3RD ALBUM (Version B) — 소녀시대 | Last.fm

The Boys — 소녀시대 | Last.fm

a reminder why SNSD is the true cameleon of Kpop. This photoshoots turned concept album covers has still never been top :gaycat2:

• Like 1

I've already said this but xg feels like staight up parody of black people

im not even one of those people who is super woke or anything, but their case is pretty intense

• Haha 3

Ooh wow, JYP is about to form the greatest vocal group for the fifth gen. That first and last girl can literally out every one in Itzy and Twice already :superman:

• Haha 1

i dont think aespa is hitting their full potential and their career is so incredibly mismanaged while their peers have eclipsed them :michael: i dont like blind stanning so good for them that theyre killing bulk sales but what about the culture? they were so promising and interesting during next level -> savage 1-2 punch... savage was truly their quality peak

since then it's been serving mid honestly and idc how well spicy is doing, its lowkey forgettable and noisy

XG will be fine as long as they don't say the n-word

Like yes they do blaccent and CA but I noticed that for some reason the n-word is the breaking point for a lot of people in k-pop fanbases, no matter how many "you gon finna catch me" moments their favs'd had before

Edited by Flomik
  • Like 1