K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

2 hours ago, Ghiles said:

But will it have the same longevity? :coffee2:

Ngl, i was shocked with how well Fearless holding on Melon.

• Replies 132.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

Who do you think is holding up an f(x) reunion the most?

I get the feeling Amber hyung is over it

spacer.png

All of them except Luna. Unless SM is not involved with it. Then everyone.

6 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

On contrary, 5 STAR is their noisest and by far the most successful. 

Those 5.1 million preorders were made before anyone had any clue what the music would sound like 

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

Those 5.1 million preorders were made before anyone had any clue what the music would sound like 

spacer.png

I was talking abour streaming 

when this pulls a cupid

spacer.png

Hall of Fame was almost a MAXIDENT track. I'm glad they prefered to add on 5 STAR. It's more on the latter's theme :biblio:

2 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

Hall of Fame was almost a MAXIDENT track. I'm glad they prefered to add on 5 STAR. It's more on the latter's theme :biblio:

Another leftover track I see

did they make ANY new songs for this album?

spacer.png

• Haha 1

It’s crazy to me that they thought it’d be ok to put out a whole album of songs they had already decided were not good enough to make it onto their previous releases 

like what was the logic? Was it a time constraint thing?

spacer.png

if sneakers was a pre release and the royalty concept was the real title track sneakers wouldn’t be that hated, it’s a bop

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

Stray Kids releasing GP friendly songs is risk, cause they've been building their whole brand on being different, 'funnily annoying' as they say and not following trends. And most of the fans are proud of it and became loyal to their music exactly because of it. 

Changing the road to something opposite that what they have been selling can go wrong, cause there's no guarantee new people will eat it up and there's chance they would lose their fanbase that likes them exactly because they are not-like-the-others. 

I mean, look at the 'rejection' to MAXIDENT. And It isn't THAT friendly. On contrary, 5 STAR is their noisest and by far the most successful. 

Just my opinion. 

15 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

I was talking abour streaming 

I genuinely just think that people wanna hear good bops. S-Class is a downgrade not because it’s noisy, but because it’s simply not that great compared to their previous tts. 

Btw, idk if you have noticed but their most popular b-sides from their last 4 albums have all been completely different from their title tracks:

- Red Lights

- Charmer 

- Taste 

- DLMU 

This shows that people are also interested in them doing other sounds. 

But I must say that 5 Star is definitely their most cohesive album ever, where every tracks fits together so well. Usually Kpop albums can be very disjointed, but this album stayed to its “noisy” sound throughout. 

Edited by Pluto2022

5 minutes ago, Magdalene said:

if sneakers was a pre release and the royalty concept was the real title track sneakers wouldn’t be that hated, it’s a bop

I really do not get the hate for sneakers, I actually love it. it's a cute & fun song. plus the ending is so good 

YOU BETTER PUT YOUR SNEAKERS ON :katie2:

• Like 1

JYP just has no sense of concepts or direction I swear :rip:

4 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

I genuinely just think that people wanna hear good bops. S-Class is a downgrade not because it’s noisy, but because it’s simply not that great compared to their previous tts. 

Btw, idk if you have noticed but their most popular b-sides from their last 4 albums have all been completely different from their title tracks:

- Red Lights

- Charmer 

- Taste 

- DLMU 

This shows that people are also interested in them doing other sounds. 

But I must say that 5 Star is definitely their most cohesive album ever, where every tracks fits together so well. Usually Kpop albums can be very disjointed, but this album stayed to its “noisy” sound throughout. 

That's why I was saying to CandyCoatedClouds the ONLY way I see them being able to please both the fandom and casual listeners are releasing "Red Lights", "Charmer" and "Taste" type of title tracks. 

Charmer itself almost was a title track, according to Chan, they changed It last minute, cause they started producing Maniac and fell in love with the song. 

But I think that It might be something that would work just to some extent. I see them being well received releasing a comeback on this vibe, but If It started to become frequent, their fandom would start questioning were is the noise. 

Anyway, about S-Class being a downgrade I personally disagree. Can think of a few title tracks I like more than it. 

- Miroh 

- Back Door

- Maniac 

- Side Effects

- Thunderous 

Anyway Kang Daniel oppa is giving us a pre-release track tomorrow

I just know it’s gonna be quality as usual

spacer.png

40 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

spacer.png

the world will end before krystal gets back on a stage

The Blinks when they see all the gratuitous rapey scenes in The Idol:

spacer.png

Lim Young Woong is #1 on Melon. This is Kpop emergency

Thinking of buying a Aespa bong🧐 

1 hour ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

spacer.png

luna is salty krystal didnt give her flop broadway musical ig promo

kc85LMxzi.gif

22 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

Seungmin is not ugly or anything, he's just more on the average side compared to the other members. Hyunjin is a hot botched king who has the same botched look as the ENHYPEN members and the other bgs from HYBE as well, so it surprises me how you don't find him attractive? :fan2:

Enhypen doesn't even look botched though.

22 hours ago, elevate said:

Seungmin is HOT, a vocalist, and is into kinky stuff. Let him live!

22223d4413b06a2cca56dcb4e46ce14c.gif

Kinky stuff? Like what 👀 

8 hours ago, DelRey said:

Fx16Dl3agAEWXVa?format=jpg&name=small

Renjun :jonny6: He is so cute, I can't believe he is older than all the TxT guys and half of Stray Kids, he looks super young.

Are these recent photos? He looks really good. Also he's older than most of TXT,  still younger than Yeonjun though.

6 hours ago, levi_valvi said:

It appears that Hanteo had a glitch, specifically on the realtime sales for [Unlock My World] Regular and Compact versions. The total 1st day sales at the moment is now 83,741 instead of 195,002.

It’s best to wait for tomorrow’s daily update at 10AM KST for the final figure.”

https://twitter.com/pledischarts/status/1665735623645474816?s=46&t=UqtHGBPg4jA6uc7y0cUxQQ

:bibliahh:

Poor Fromis girls. Never a happy moment.

1 hour ago, Mitsuki said:

That's why I was saying to CandyCoatedClouds the ONLY way I see them being able to please both the fandom and casual listeners are releasing "Red Lights", "Charmer" and "Taste" type of title tracks. 

Charmer itself almost was a title track, according to Chan, they changed It last minute, cause they started producing Maniac and fell in love with the song. 

But I think that It might be something that would work just to some extent. I see them being well received releasing a comeback on this vibe, but If It started to become frequent, their fandom would start questioning were is the noise. 

Anyway, about S-Class being a downgrade I personally disagree. Can think of a few title tracks I like more than it. 

- Miroh 

- Back Door

- Maniac 

- Side Effects

- Thunderous 

Idk why they aren't doing that already...

1 hour ago, youresotoxic said:

I really do not get the hate for sneakers, I actually love it. it's a cute & fun song. plus the ending is so good 

YOU BETTER PUT YOUR SNEAKERS ON :katie2:

I love my ITZY girls, but why isn’t the hook on key? Between that and the screeching at the start of the chorus for Cheshire, these comebacks made them look vocally incompetent whereas they used to be one of the few girl groups that at least weren’t scared to sing live.

YG confirms that they terminate GD Contract. #BigBangOverParty

https://twitter.com/pannchoa/status/1665911315989417985?s=46&t=sTdJZMenLQSZNz-HvhnLqw

GD has his own label and businesses so he will be fine. But netizens are saying Big Bang won’t comeback and he is officially done with YG. 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

14 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

YG confirms that they terminate GD Contract. #BigBangOverParty

https://twitter.com/pannchoa/status/1665911315989417985?s=46&t=sTdJZMenLQSZNz-HvhnLqw

GD has his own label and businesses so he will be fine. But netizens are saying Big Bang won’t comeback and he is officially done with YG. 

Gdragon extended his contract with YG while Yang bros were indisposed.  Maybe he was offered the head job.  Maybe he was just there to bring some appearance of stability in the chaos.  Now that the Yang bros are back, he's no longer needed.  And vice versa.

:cm:

• Like 2

It literally says theyre trying to reach a new deal with him bc the contract expired