K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

been out and about all day, so I can finally come on here :bird:

but Fromis really slayed me like, WOW. the album is amazing, 10/10 :jonny5:

Taeyong on the other hand... Shalala title track was honestly the worst song i've heard in a while. but the rest of the mini was actually SOOO good 

• Like 1

• Replies 132.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

The opinions in here are SO weird I feel like they're not really based on the actual music being released a lot of the time and more so on just...vibes? :deadbanana:

On the positive side, I like Taeyong's mini. the title track is deeply weird but I'm kind of here for it. If anything it proves that, as horrible as SM is at...almost everything, they really are one of the only companies releasing music just for the artistic statement. This song is clearly not meant to have mass appeal and is entirely a creative venture and I think that's kind of cool.

Wait hold on Enhypen Dark Blood only set to debut on BB200 on the same week with SKZ 5-Star what happened what did I miss :huh:

UPDATE: Stray Kids’ 5-Star (JYP/Imperial/Republic) will open at #1 in the 200-225k range. Morgan Wallen’s One Thing at a Time (Big Loud/Mercury/Republic) will remain in the runner-up position and Enhypen’s Dark Blood (BELIFT LAB/Geffen) will rumble with Taylor Swift’s Midnights (Republic) for third place.

This week's Top 10 should see at least five new titles enter.

• Stray Kids (JYP/Imperial/Republic) 200-225k
• Enhypen (BELIFT LAB/Geffen) 80-90k

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=336190&title=NEW-RELEASES%3A-A-5-STAR-RATING-FOR-REPUBLIC-%28UPDATE%29

1 minute ago, Blueberry Kisses said:

The opinions in here are SO weird I feel like they're not really based on the actual music being released a lot of the time and more so on just...vibes? :deadbanana:

Welcome to ATRL :dies:

1 minute ago, Taeyong said:

Welcome to ATRL :dies:

I mean, true, but I always assumed it was just a joke. Lately, though, idk about some of y'all :emofish: 

22 minutes ago, New Edition said:

The fact that the Taeyong song was THIS bad proves he never should have debuted. Lee Soo Man's obsession with him cursed NCT and that curse remains til this day. It will even infect the next boy group which is already set up to have NCT rejects.

SM really has hit rock bottom. 

It’s disgusting how much payola he has gotten throughout the years, which is more than the other +20 members combined! 
————

And speaking of SM hitting rock bottom:

The whole SM roster literally feels like 1 gigantic group with every actual group feeling like a sub units under “SM roster” instead of actual distinctive groups if that makes sense. The whole company has adapted the same way NCT are running, to the point where every SM group is starting to lack a strong identity and are more so labeled as part of the SM roster.
This YouTuber explained everything perfectly about what’s wrong with SM ever since NCT debuted

18 minutes ago, discreetinside said:

5-Star was my least fave album at least for post Mixtape-I AM trilogy-Clé trilogy era onwards and S-Class was a O.O (I'm on the unlistenable mess camp) level disjointed messy for my liking. Nonetheless I do enjoy most of the b-sides especially DLC, Collision, and FNF :bird:

Yeah, FNF is the best song of the album.

The fact that S-Class is their best performing song ever domestically and even out peaked TWICE mothers AND HITZY’s latest title tracks on Melon, shows that Knetz are starting to warm up to them a little bit. Like imagine if they actually released a GP friendly song or just a better song in general, like it would’ve done way better me thinks :ghostface:

Btw, it feels like JYPIG hasn’t been as crazy with the promo this era compared to their previous era with Maxident? They were literally everywhere during Maxident, but this era there hasn’t really been as much? We also need one of the members to appear and Youngji’s drinking show cause every major group who’s just had comebacks had 1 member appearing on the show. 

4 minutes ago, discreetinside said:

Wait hold on Enhypen Dark Blood only set to debut on BB200 on the same week with SKZ 5-Star what happened what did I miss :huh:

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=336190&title=NEW-RELEASES%3A-A-5-STAR-RATING-FOR-REPUBLIC-%28UPDATE%29

The US physical album release must have been last week, sometimes is that way, Aespa US physical release is yet to happen

I honestly kind of like S-Class too. Those ugly descending chords in the chorus HAVE to stop, though. They've used them in like their last 3 songs and it's so unnecessary. The rest I can bop to. I don't usually like noise music but the "byeol byeol" part in the second chorus when they layer it with the octaves and harmonies was cool - the song and MV are all over the place but in a campy way, which makes it acceptable to me. I feel like noise songs can be enjoyable if they're fun rather than try-hard/aggressive like you see with a lot of nugus and this one was campy so I'm not mad at it.

But I really did not like the album except for that one midtempo in the second half tbh. It felt very one-note and try-hard/aggressive in exactly that unappealing way that turns me off of noise.

This mind-blowing masterpiece. The effortlessly delivered Song of the Year. Britney could release this in 2007 and it'd be an easy #1 :clap3: 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Spears_Stan said:

The US physical album release must have been last week, sometimes is that way, Aespa US physical release is yet to happen

The US physical album release was on June 2nd, last Friday

5 minutes ago, Blueberry Kisses said:

I feel like noise songs can be enjoyable if they're fun rather than try-hard/aggressive like you see with a lot of nugus and this one was campy so I'm not mad at it.

Wait you kinda spilled here! This is why songs like Sticker work cause it doesn’t take itself seriously etc.

SM needs to announce that Wendy comeback ASAP

• Like 1

1 hour ago, harrythevifan said:

Fx3HU9dXsAALvrQ?format=jpg&name=small

Did they charter a tour bus?

:cm:

Is there niche demand for nugu groups like these in mid sized cities across the Midwest or something  :deadbanana4: 

Edited by Butters

Still mad that this wasn't a hit in Korea, its the best BG TT released this year so far, Enhypen is #2

Edited by DelRey
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, DelRey said:

Still mad that this wasn't a hit in Korea, its the best BG TT released this year so far, Enhypen is #2

deserved to be a hit, literally SO good. it's a hit on my last.fm at least :jonny:

• Like 1

It's so funny how Jennie's fan-pages are kinda censoring the dance scene. They are not posting the full choreo:rip:

SM needs to go back to thier R&B pop roots for title tracks. I mean noise is fine occasionally since thatswhat drives YouTube Kpop fans interest, but the actual musical downgrade they give to NCT needs to be studied :deadbanana2:

Bring LDN noise back or get Kenzie back online.

Edited by Gorjesspazze9
  • Like 1

Stray Kids is now occupying the TOP 5 Biggest Streaming days by 4th Gen Groups on Spotify!

1. #StrayKids - 22.34M
2. #StrayKids - 16.36M
3. #StrayKids - 15,37M 🆕
4. #StrayKids - 13,35M
5. #StrayKids - 13,07M

6. TXT - 12,93M
7. #Stray_Kids – 12,91M
8.  #StrayKids – 11,2M
9. #StrayKids – 10,6M
10. TXT - 10M

They will soon occupy the whole top 10 again :clap3:

Edited by Pluto2022

1 hour ago, mokitsu said:

This mind-blowing masterpiece. The effortlessly delivered Song of the Year. Britney could release this in 2007 and it'd be an easy #1 :clap3: 

Should've been the title track, but Menow is not bad too :clap3:

Itzy should have gone full camp with sneakers ala Orange Caramel so it could be acceptable. They confused a lot of people with royalty teasers. I still remember fans were thinking they are pranking with actual sneakers snippets like they are playing chess and when actual song reveal they will checkmate the fans that thought snippets were real :hoetenks:

Who do you think is holding up an f(x) reunion the most?

I get the feeling Amber hyung is over it

spacer.png

4 hours ago, levi_valvi said:

It appears that Hanteo had a glitch, specifically on the realtime sales for [Unlock My World] Regular and Compact versions. The total 1st day sales at the moment is now 83,741 instead of 195,002.

It’s best to wait for tomorrow’s daily update at 10AM KST for the final figure.”

https://twitter.com/pledischarts/status/1665735623645474816?s=46&t=UqtHGBPg4jA6uc7y0cUxQQ

:bibliahh:

Still not outselling OMG Banana with their 2 billions copies sold in 24 hours 

Stray Kids releasing GP friendly songs is risk, cause they've been building their whole brand on being different, 'funnily annoying' as they say and not following trends. And most of the fans are proud of it and became loyal to their music exactly because of it. 

Changing the road to something opposite that what they have been selling can go wrong, cause there's no guarantee new people will eat it up and there's chance they would lose their fanbase that likes them exactly because they are not-like-the-others. 

I mean, look at the 'rejection' to MAXIDENT. And It isn't THAT friendly. On contrary, 5 STAR is their noisest and by far the most successful. 

Just my opinion. 

Edited by Mitsuki