K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

38 minutes ago, Aslan said:

:dies:

She’s so real 

The way she’s more Fearless than all of the LE SSERAFIM members combined :dies: Like how are you letting a MIXXPOP girlie outdo you in your own concept? :deadbanana2:
We all thought that Yunjin was the rebellious idol who was going to “change the idol industry”, but it looks like Lily is the one doing the actual “changing”

We stan a REAL rebellious idol who’s changing the idol industry :ghostface:

FpjrMiJagAAOn0h?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Pluto2022

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Babymomo said:

My god these aespa teasers are ABYSMAL! SMs rotting eyes really doing everything in their power to not make me stan these girls...

BLESS Karina and Ningning for being natural cuntresses that makes me forget about their sabotage, heavenly muses fr

Only here for my sisters and them ONLY, i know mother Karina will serve in the performance and sex appeal category while GODDESS Ningning will give us the VOCALS we are sourly missing :ghostface:

Aespa Karina GIF - Aespa Karina Ningning - Discover & Share GIFs

Wdc 

Stan Winselle 

ShockedJauntyDanishswedishfarmdog-max-1m

Edited by Pluto2022

13 minutes ago, Babymomo said:

My god these aespa teasers are ABYSMAL! SMs rotting eyes really doing everything in their power to not make me stan these girls...

BLESS Karina and Ningning for being natural cuntresses that makes me forget about their sabotage, heavenly muses fr

Only here for my sisters and them ONLY, i know mother Karina will serve in the performance and sex appeal category while GODDESS Ningning will give us the VOCALS we are sourly missing :ghostface:

I think the reason people were gagging over the teasers were because it showed a “fresher” side of aespa for a comeback instead of the usual box sets and kwangya digital snake bullcrap

She's so stunning my gawd

15 hours ago, Asscatchem said:

the way every group and their mothers are clearing 2mil+ preorders with ease nowadays

this is more of an achievement for kpop and less of the individual group's achievement

photocard capitalism won

EmvNcu1.gif

Well not exactly everyone

EmvNcu1.gif

So in hindsight, did 'Zero' by NewJeans age like fine wine? Or did it age like milk? Discuss.

love dive should’ve been up there as well but anyways

talent always wins :clap3:

spacer.png

The synchronization, the stage presence, the Charisma, Uniqueness. Nerve and Talent

they're coming for ITZY spot as best 4th gen female dance group 

6 minutes ago, Flomik said:

So in hindsight, did 'Zero' by NewJeans age like fine wine? Or did it age like milk? Discuss.

It aged like Coke

10 minutes ago, BTS said:

Well not exactly everyone

EmvNcu1.gif

I never understood how BIGBANG never were big album sellers and instead had high digitals and high GP recognition like girl groups?  Like if we compare them to their peers, Super Junior, TVXQ, SHINee all outsold them even though BIGBANG was obviously the biggest 2nd gen boy group.

Edited by Pluto2022

Adspa's vocal line ain't safe either. They're CLEARING Winter & NingNing

these belts a high notes are clearer than my skin

they have better tones too

7 minutes ago, Mel. said:

Adspa's vocal line ain't safe either. They're CLEARING Winter & NingNing

these belts a high notes are clearer than my skin

they have better tones too

does someone pay you to have these terrible takes

22 minutes ago, Flomik said:

What is this? I don’t know her We need 250 back to save their music Lets not take cf song too serious :biblionny:

18 minutes ago, Mel. said:

The synchronization, the stage presence, the Charisma, Uniqueness. Nerve and Talent

they're coming for ITZY spot as best 4th gen female dance group 

I think Asa will be my bias. She just EATS :clap3:

This is my favorite part of the video :jonny5:

giphy.gif

23 minutes ago, Flomik said:

I like it overall, the melody and overall feel is good, I wish they didnt waste this on an ad, but I guess they have better material for the cb 

4 hours ago, Britney Jean said:

Yeah i guess success and lots of money is not everyone's priority. Eun Woo felt satisfied enough to act in those movies or series while also performing music with his mates, maybe he didn't want to give up the music side of his career.

Yeah I guess Eunwoo is satisfied enough with his acting career. He’s earning a lot of money from his cfs. 

4 hours ago, hallucinate said:

multi talented KING :WAP:

we love an actor AND a singer :clap3:

eunwoo is a cutie but he doesn’t have the range or talent i fear

I mean with BH Entertainment he could have done some small roles in more serious mv projects like others idols. 

2 hours ago, Dialamba said:

I wasn’t into the blonde at first but she looks so good. :WAP:

yeji will attend LV event 

oh she’s back with them? I remember in 2019, Itzy attended PFW 

15 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

love dive should’ve been up there as well but anyways

talent always wins :clap3:

spacer.png

Can’t believe LD was released the same day as Big bang comeback. Like if it wasn’t for them LD would have been #1 for months I fear 

10 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

I never understood how BIGBANG never were big album sellers and instead had high digitals and high GP recognition like girl groups?  Like if we compare them to their peers, Super Junior, TVXQ, SHINee all outsold them even though BIGBANG was obviously the biggest 2nd gen boy group.

Same especially with how popular GD and BB were in China and the other dude was also super popular in Japan.  Digimons in SK aren’t big albums sellers. Idk why South Korean gp don’t buy physicals albums. 

16 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

I feel like it's just a YG thing, not just BIGBANG

2NE1, AKMU, IKON, WINNER etc never were big album sellers

they all dominated digitally 

it wasn't until BLACKPINK came along that physical albums increased

26 minutes ago, Flomik said:

The verses are good then the AWFUL chorus came in... Like people can stop pretending that this chorus was good now since it aged :coffee2:

Just now, Pluto2022 said:

It's cause what makes boygroups building huge fandoms is not simple only because they are men, but the intention behind of how they are marketed and the way they are promoted to a specific demography. 

They reach emotional connection through parasocial relationship due personality, storyline and how much the audience relate to them. And when I say parasocial relationship is not only a manner of create an ideal boyfriend, but believing their achievements is your achivements, their fights are your fights and they somehow need protection, to believe you know their dynamics and overall personality as you were part of their friends' group etc. 

But BIGBANG were never marketed that way in any means. They were marketed as an exclusive type of group who is not like the other boygroups and are actual artists who focus only on music. They saw It worked with BIGBANG and tried with their other groups until TREASURE, who is their first group marketed as a typical boygroup.

BLACKPINK is an anomaly, tho. I believe they never expected to see them reaching this level of success. 

21 minutes ago, BTS said:

does someone pay you to have these terrible takes

it's a fact and they're also shitting on those melodyne vocaloids you stan called BTS

23 minutes ago, Flomik said:

I think Asa will be my bias. She just EATS :clap3:

This is my favorite part of the video :jonny5:

giphy.gif

The A in Asa stands for ACE :clap3:

she can do it all

Tiktok is not ready for the kings :ghostface:

54 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Unlike the majority of their peers, they were ugly and short so the male korean general public could relate and listen to them. Male stans did not feel 'weird' or ashamed, because BigBang were marketed as "real artists" and not just "pretty boys".