• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

I lost trust in all men.

Not Haruto from Treasure being homophobic and being loud about it. 

Plus his Koreans fans turning on him and leaking his private SNS accounts, him being friend with problematic accounts and saessangs. 

23 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

do they really need the GP when their amount of fans get their albums into the top 10 best selling Korean albums of all time, #6 best selling album worldwide in 2022, sold out concert tores, etc?

it seems the GP are Stray Kids stans by default

michael-jackson.gif

To be fair though, they've had years of headstart compared to other big groups of this gen, and that gave them more time to garner a fanbase. Not to take away from their growth though, Bang Chan and friends did see a meteoric rise over the years. It's just that i feel like whenever someone calls SKZ and GIDLE 4th gen and compares them with newer groups, it'll forever be kinda weird to me.

michael-jackson.gif

Also it's kinda messy that the Korean GP still says NO to their music even after all these years...like not even zombie streams :rip:

-----------------------------------

Not over an hour long video :deadbanana2:

but i absolutely love how he always talks about the production, the lighting, the cinematography etc....like i realize how much stuff i overlook in these music videos until I watch his reactions :ducky:

Edited by Witnessed ET

Just now, Xalric said:

I lost trust in all men.

Plus his Koreans fans turning on him and leaking his private SNS accounts, him being friend with problematic accounts and saessangs. 

YG men being trash?

.pretends to be shocked

3 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

To be fair though, they've had years of headstart compared to other big groups of this gen, and that gave them more time to garner a fanbase. Not to take away from their growth though, Bang Chan and friends did see a meteoric rise over the years. It's just that i feel like whenever someone calls SKZ and GIDLE 4th gen and compares them with newer groups, it'll forever be kinda weird to me.

michael-jackson.gif

we could compare them to other groups that debuted in 2018

how do they compare to:

girdle

fromis9

ateez

loona

michael-jackson.gif

2 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

screech, why do they waste their money on this ****

michael-jackson.gif

Organic they said.

34 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

the way Stray Kids have still yet to release an original song in English despite being able to sell stadiums in America

michael-jackson.gif

The way this person was ranking the Music Bank Paris performances and rated SKZ's performance bad because the cheers were too loud :toofunny2: Like girl it's a concert, what do you expect  especially when most people attended the event for SKZ

29 minutes ago, New Edition said:

With Stray Kids's success it's strange that JYP isn't trying to launch another boy group. It's been 6 years since Stray kids launched.

SM is dragging their feet on a post-NCT boy group too and would rather debut another girl group to compete with aespa.

Trainee A got scrapped too.....

Are the companies scared?

I think it's because JYP is mostly a gg company, and they aren't really used to have a successful boy group like that, and they didn't expect that SKZ would be this big when they launched them at first. Keep in mind that SKZ's predecessors were GOT7 for example, so they weren't really expected to fill in big shoes compared to other groups like TXT etc.

Btw, JYP will launch a new boy group this year actually known as "JYP Loud" 

25 minutes ago, Chemist said:

Stray Kids are the Melanie Martinez of K-pop :clap3:

Good album sales + good touring stats but no hits and absolutely irrelevant to the GP eyes

well at least they can snatch hits in Japan, if  Korea doesn't care about them + they also have a member with a big bullying scandal that even made it to the Korean news, so it would 5x time harder for them to snatch a gp hit in their home country sadly. 

21 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

BTS-V.thumb.jpg.827c3d6be4958418dc9eae7f

Drag him!!! 

Edited by Pluto2022

2 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

wasn't she just at music bank Paris like 2 days ago

thoughts & prayers

6 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

after a quick spreadsheet calculation:

aespa - 977,328,397 (also contains streams from remixes on their page)

Lesserafim - 699,119,271

also some soloists I mentioned earlier:

Chungha - 718,484,161 (i knew she had a lot of material but i didnt know she has SO many OSTs:deadbanana2:)

Sunmi - 652,070,043

Jessi - 461,869,111

Somi - 484,722,927

Hyuna - 396,366,630

Kang Daniel - 145,880,573 (y'all better stream my man he makes good music)

I didn't check the soloists who are still a part of active groups because there's too many of them :rip: I might check the big ones like the BP girls, Nayeonce, EXO boys, etc. though.

FvmbKWE.thumb.gif.3229493e03922ee7a20029

What about Bol4, hwasa, Bibi, Yena and Davichi, Younha and Baek Yerin 

7 hours ago, hallucinate said:

:jonny5:

See when you release the CLASSIC that is Antifragile the world has no choice but to stan

FvmbKWE.thumb.gif.3229493e03922ee7a20029

22 minutes ago, Xalric said:

I lost trust in all men.

Oooh like which problematic accounts? What's tea

5 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

Noooooooooooooooo NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not my bb!!!!! :dancehall2:

4 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

wasn't she just at music bank Paris like 2 days ago

thoughts & prayers

Yeah :katie: and sounds pretty serious too

Rei recently visited a hospital for an examination and consultation after noticing abnormal symptoms such as heart palpitations and the doctor’s diagnosis was that rest and treatment was required.

God's Menu is literally the 3rd most viewed 4th gen song and the most liked 4th gen song of all time with over 7.1M likes on Youtube. It was also the 3rd most streamed 4th gen song on Spotify before NewJennies surpassed it recently. 

It's the song that made SKZ what they are today so speak kindly about Miss God's Menu, thank you 

Edited by Pluto2022

27 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

we could compare them to other groups that debuted in 2018

how do they compare to:

girdle

fromis9

ateez

loona

michael-jackson.gif

Idk, I don’t really follow them like that except GODle. Wasnt Loona’s company on the verge of bankruptcy or smth and most of the girlies sued them? Thoughts and prayers :rip:

GODle has been consistently getting bigger over the years and getting hits though, and they became digital monsters recently and their latest album sales also crossed 800k. Especially coming from a shitty company like Cube, all of that is hella impressive, so happy for them. Deserved :clap3:

14 minutes ago, Selenasworld said:

What about Bol4, hwasa, Bibi, Yena and Davichi, Younha and Baek Yerin 

Their streams are too low to be even compared to these artists but i can check and post. Send me a list!
Hwasa though I didn’t check because “I didn't check the soloists who are still a part of active groups” as there’s a lot of them and I’ll do them at a later time.

18 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

Wtf

not on the day of album release :rip:

get well soon Reigend. 

Edited by Witnessed ET

41 minutes ago, New Edition said:

What a dumbass. Down to 4 members. On the bright side, if they ever decide to release another song there won't be his annoying voice in it anymore.

looks like IU is gonna enter the Hot 100 this week

still crazy that Jisoo couldn't do it

3c3O.gif

4 minutes ago, New Edition said:

Oooh like which problematic accounts? What's tea

Some of the groups own sasaengs. Some of which knew how to film then in Japan in strict restricted area.

7 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

No 3rd gen solo will ever top this

So where will she sign next. Cause I hope she leave Ravi's label now.

2 hours ago, Mel. said:

But I will say tho lol

i just saw that NMIXX has crossed 800k with their recent release and I’m sorry, but something is just so fishy about their sales and has been from the beginning. When I tell you I don’t see ANYONE talking about them outside of this thread. Where are all those sales coming from?

and y’all told me they would decline losing Jinni, it seems like the opposite has happened lol

Other than their growing fandom, they actually do a **** ton of store exclusive photocards so big collectors will buy from all the stores. Their last album had like 70+ different sets and this era has 50+ so far. Store exclusive photocards are common practice now but even to this level is very extreme. I think itzy also does a ton as well so clearly seems to be JYP'S album selling strategy for girl groups. I think even Stray Kids doesn't do this many different sets...

And it does work. I have a friend that collectors ATEEZ and she legit joins group orders to get her faves pc from all the stores. Every comeback, she technically buys 50+ albums (she just gets the pcs, the albums are trashed in Korea) :deadbanana2: