K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

Blackpink definitely used ads up to D4 I think, I'm not sure about the rest but I personally never saw one

• Replies 132.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Mel. said:

There's also a locked article on YG-LIFE right now

so something's coming at 12am KST

it definitely has to be BAEMON or Jisoo related

locked articles are usually announcements/teasers/videos :duca:

doubt about Jisoo since she just arrived back in Korea, I don't think they had enough time unless they had filmed everything before the tour 

hopefully it's baby monsters with this type of serve :jonny5:

1 hour ago, BlackAura said:

Nnnn the Japanese girls snub.... I know I will stan legends Asa and Ruka just because of that..

I don’t think it’s a snub per say

theyre literally the 2 we know the least about

so maybe that’s why…I hope it’s nothing shady 

17 minutes ago, Flomik said:

doubt about Jisoo since she just arrived back in Korea, I don't think they had enough time unless they had filmed everything before the tour 

hopefully it's baby monsters with this type of serve :jonny5:

Yeah, but Jisoo already already shot the album artwork and YG said in the recent interview like 2 days ago that they’ll share the good news soon

its possible they use one of the photos from her album jacket as a teaser

its one of the 2 for sure

i would be happy either way lol

a dance teaser would be nice tho

Edited by Mel.

19 minutes ago, BellKat said:

Fun fact: Rollin Stones exposed Blackpink (along with Taylor and Ariana) for using YouTube ads some years ago. Those 24H records at the time were fraudulent as it gets. It only stopped when youtube stopped inflating the view counter with paid ads  :coffee2:

Fun fact: they still get more views than all your favs combined

40 minutes ago, BellKat said:

Fun fact: Rollin Stones exposed Blackpink (along with Taylor and Ariana) for using YouTube ads some years ago. Those 24H records at the time were fraudulent as it gets. It only stopped when youtube stopped inflating the view counter with paid ads  :coffee2:

You always come up with fake facts about bp. First they didn’t sell out their Thailand dates and now this. :bibliahh:

3 hours ago, Axel. said:

oh wow :katie2:

Yuehua going hard for Yena like we love that for her :clap3:

6 hours ago, BigBangStan said:

I just saw a D pic in the Kpop thread wtf  :rip:

Where? :gaycat3:

13 minutes ago, Sorecer said:

2nd? Is BP not a girl group. They have 10 songs that charted higher. These chart accounts really be posting anything.

1 hour ago, BellKat said:

Some years ago, OK?! :bird:
their views are ALL organic, and they are still doing massive numbers despite YouTube being a dead platform 

2 hours ago, Sept said:

I wonder which 4th girlies will replace RV as the concept queens?

Aespa, NJ, IVE, LSRF, StayC all seem to stick to the same concept since their debut

I don't know about other people but I got into Kpop in the first place cuz of how exciting it is and how they always bring something new that not seen or heard before. Remember how SNSD got us gagged with the 180 transformation from Oh! to Run Devil Run, the glow-up in The Boys and switched up completely again in IGAB?

Aespa's Kwangya concept was unique at first but it got tiring when they did it for the 4th time (Girls). So I hope the other girlies will switch up a bit in the future :celestial5: LSRF might have the biggest potential I think

I would say G Idle are the closest to the idea of switching concepts, they somewhat changed drastically from Tomboy to Nxde - maybe not thematically, but sonically and conceptually, we will see what they have in store, I’ve heard their comeback is already planned 

5 hours ago, Hazy said:

the last few pages are a mess :deadbanana4:

those few LSRFM stans not able to comprehend that it’s not fearless or revolutionary to act like your ex co-worker doesn’t exist and it’s not about standing behind the bully but just admitting the existence of such person :rip: which clearly affected all of the girls and their careers so it’s as much relevant to them as any other thing post debut (hate? from who exactly?I think they are liked overall) 

it shouldn’t be an issue to admit that the concept is all fake and forced and feels inauthentic after Garam fiasco :cm:

they must not be at liberty to speak on her and I’m sure it’s actually quite easy to not bring up Garam. And literally what would be the point, other than satisfying Garam akgaes and people like you who believe that they have to vindicate her :) it’s not like she was a Jessica. And I know y’all ate Forever 1 the **** up

Not sure why people keep rattling on about “the concept” as if theres been more than one comeback. Fearless and Antifragile were both planned before any of the Garam mess, though I feel like Antifragile’s central catchline of “it’s okay to fall, im antifragile” was pretty fitting of their situation 

the problem is that y’all keep trying to applying the message to Garam when she is no longer a member and had no part in that comeback! Garam was not antifragile:celestial5:

And they still get hate from knets, it’s gotten bad to the point that SouMu released that letter threatening to sue them all a few weeks ago (for the first time).

12 hours ago, kendoll2001 said:

He literally had to be separated by production to leave SKZ, and sit back with SVT :dies:

Dino is so cute :smitten2:

1 hour ago, Pluto2022 said:

Yuehua needs to stop playing favorites with Yena and Tempest, and give my Everglow girlies a damn comeback! They have been in the dungeon for too long! 

Everglow make no money. Yena and Tempest make money. 

SNSD have not once mentioned or acknowledged Jessica in nearly 9 years, and unlike Garam, she was an integral member of the group for 7 years. And that's with 3 members having left the company.

We will hear no more about Garam from any of the LSRFM members. Make your peace with it girls its just the way Kpop is :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, newaespa said:

Some years ago, OK?! :bird:
their views are ALL organic, and they are still doing massive numbers despite YouTube being a dead platform 

That's correct, the tactic worked and they got actual youtube records now but It's just fair to acknowledge gimmicks like this, their are valid promo tricks. Self awareness is needed for many fandoms before coming at any group (not talking about any situation in particular, ok?)

2 hours ago, Dialamba said:

You always come up with fake facts about bp. First they didn’t sell out their Thailand dates and now this. :bibliahh:

Oh wait, fake facts? You are right, Bloomberg was the first one to report not RS, my bad:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-07-30/bollywood-rapper-sets-viewer-record-youtube-isn-t-talking-about

RS just alluded to it later:

https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/features/buying-youtube-views-trueview-ads-adwords-878239/

2 hours ago, Dialamba said:

:ahh: 

get ha