Update: Azealia WILL perform in Brisbane, vows to never return

FOCK

3 minutes ago, Delirious said:

Well I never said I liked 

Bruh...Australia IS very racist. The amount of dirty looks POC get in rural places or even places like Tasmania is insane. Absolutely disgusting.

I've experienced first hand racism 10 times in Australia.

The difference is the intensity. People of different nationalities and races aren’t anywhere near at risk as other western countries. 

Australia definitely has issues especially with older generations or people who are in “the outback” so to speak, but the severity of that racism is not the level of other countries where you could be attacked or have risk to life. 

I’m definitely not saying racism doesn’t exist here, but the intensity of it is nowhere near as bad, whereas somewhere like the US have loss of life due to racial violence or crime almost everyday 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FOCK

• Delirious

• punisher

• gloamingtheplain

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Delirious said:

Australia is also racist asf in cities like Sydney and Brisbane etc. It's tragic but it's true. They HATE Asian peopld

here i would say the racism is more targeted towards the indigenous people, which is so disgusting since they’re the ones on their land. but yeah, a lot of people here hate on asian people

2 minutes ago, gloamingtheplain said:

The difference is the intensity. People of different nationalities and races aren’t anywhere near at risk as other western countries. 

Australia definitely has issues especially with older generations or people who are in “the outback” so to speak, but the severity of that racism is not the level of other countries where you could be attacked or have risk to life. 

I’m definitely not saying racism doesn’t exist here, but the intensity of it is nowhere near as bad, whereas somewhere like the US have loss of life due to racial violence or crime almost everyday 

the worst i’ve witnessed is people giving dirty looks from the 10 years i’ve lived in queensland. it does exist but i never hear of severe hate crimes here as much as i do in the USA. but it definitely does exist here

so how is she working to avoid herself 

1 hour ago, Mouchette said:

She probably wasn’t in charge of her touring schedule.

Anyways is anyone surprised? Australia is infamous for being extremely racist.

Omg is it? I always meet so many pleasant Australian men! I didn’t know they were racist like that 

2 minutes ago, punisher said:

the worst i’ve witnessed is people giving dirty looks from the 10 years i’ve lived in queensland. it does exist but i never hear of severe hate crimes here as much as i do in the USA. but it definitely does exist here

I've witnessed so much in Sydney and Hobart and Queensland it's honestly so sad not just dirty looks btw. The fact that they proudly say these racist things is horrible. Like hardcore racist stuff.

It's worse when teenagers are the ones being racist and I've seen so many of them

It’s just hilarious to me for Azealia to complain about racism when she’s literally one of the most racist, homophobic and transphobic people in the entertainment industry. Good luck with that new record deal tho boo.

8 minutes ago, FreeXone said:

Omg is it? I always meet so many pleasant Australian men! I didn’t know they were racist like that 

Only some are racist ofc. It's usually the white Karen's and sometimes the teenage white boys 

Just now, Delirious said:

I've witnessed so much in Sydney and Hobart and Queensland it's honestly so sad not just dirty looks btw. The fact that they proudly say these racist things is horrible. Like hardcore racist stuff.

It's worse when teenagers are the ones being racist and I've seen so many of them

i live in a relatively non racist city and the max i’ve stayed in the capital cities of australia is like 4 days so i didn’t really know how bad it is there. that’s really sickening, i’ve also especially noticed that teenagers are the ones who do it the most. from what i’ve seen most of the time it’s in a ‘joking’ context by imitating other cultures and things like that but it isn’t funny and will never be. it’s. these people are so disgusting 

12 minutes ago, punisher said:

i live in a relatively non racist city and the max i’ve stayed in the capital cities of australia is like 4 days so i didn’t really know how bad it is there. that’s really sickening, i’ve also especially noticed that teenagers are the ones who do it the most. from what i’ve seen most of the time it’s in a ‘joking’ context by imitating other cultures and things like that but it isn’t funny and will never be. it’s. these people are so disgusting 

Yep. I've also witnessed first hand many aggressive teenagers and Karen's where they literally spit on POC and do the slant eye gesture. Also the Karen's would physically assault POC tourists by pushing their trolley 'accidentally' on the tourists.

This was in Hobart though. I'm never visiting there ever again. Disgusting place anyways

I mean she’s right, Australia as a whole is not great but the queer scene in sydney and Melbourne is a lot more diverse and accepting than Brisbane. I was meant to see her in Sydney but got ******* Covid and couldn’t go. At least it sounds like there’s a chance she’ll play here again.

2 hours ago, FOCK said:

doesn't want the drama

Her record label doing wonders :deadbanana4:

I don't get how she can keep burning so many bridges. It's a miracle for someone like her to still be able to tour worldwide at this point :rip:

Cancelled a couple hours before her show in Melbourne, but it didn't stop the 'protest' outside of Poof Doof. Wonder if she heard about it and decided that's why she wouldn't reschedule Melbourne dates.

2 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Noo sorry I just mean the idea that Australia is “very racist” is just not really accurate as whole. Racism issues are definitely an issue here but it’s definitely nowhere near as extreme which is why Australia is such a popular living destination for international people. 

As a poc who lives here I agree

3 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Australia being racist is a huge deflection. Is there racism here? Absolutely. But it’s a tiny amount compared to other western countries. 

Other western countries have always used “well Australia is worse so yay” when in actual fact it’s hugely multicultural and it’s nowhere near the scale of the US or in some aspects the UK. It’s just a massive deflection overall. 

2 hours ago, CroNich said:

I mean she’s right, Australia as a whole is not great but the queer scene in sydney and Melbourne is a lot more diverse and accepting than Brisbane. I was meant to see her in Sydney but got ******* Covid and couldn’t go. At least it sounds like there’s a chance she’ll play here again.

:deadbanana2::deadbanana2::deadbanana2:

2 hours ago, Delirious said:

Only some are racist ofc. It's usually the white Karen's and sometimes the teenage white boys 

That sucks 

she is the racist in question :jonny5: she literally constantly hurls slurs and discriminatory comments towards not only every race but also queer people, mainly gay men and trans women :jonny5: she is in no place to talk

also the irony of all the americans in this comment section calling out australians for racism :jonny5: the call is coming from inside the house :jonny5:

australia does have a casual racism, homophobia, transphobia, etc. problem, however all of america’s problems are much more overt so they are in no place to talk :jonny5:

2 hours ago, Lamb said:

:deadbanana2::deadbanana2::deadbanana2:

Tbh I did second guess myself when I wrote that. There is a much smaller queer scene in sydney (around the inner west) that is centred around a lot more diversity I feel whereas I don’t think Brisbane has even that really. 

Edited by CroNich

Like that’s fair if she feels that way, I definitely know how vile and racist the Australian media can be as an Australian, but why even book the date in the first place if you felt that way? :toofunny3:

Edited by Iridesence

People in here siding with her when she's just as racist + homophobic :dies:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.