• Replies 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ontherocks

• VeniceBeach

• Mariah's Glove

• stjosephprey4us

Three singles, and still only the slightest inkling of a mv/visuals is her dad’s album trailer :rip:

3 minutes ago, stjosephprey4us said:

Three singles, and still only the slightest inkling of a mv/visuals is her dad’s album trailer :rip:

Taking lessons from Bey's handbook

4 minutes ago, stjosephprey4us said:

she really is doing the bare minimum lmao at least the music is amazing

sorry but what is this album really about? there is no melody for me to hear, and theres a lot of weird and offkey vocals. where is UV lana? i miss ha

I refuse to believe there won’t be a video on album release day.

Didn’t some of you guys say there’s more upbeat songs on the album?

I could see her pushing one on release week then maybe a NFR trio video in a few months.

1 minute ago, TOKYO. said:

sorry but what is this album really about? there is no melody for me to hear, and theres a lot of weird and offkey vocals. where is UV lana? i miss ha

IMG_5742.gif

there's no melody? :rip: what does that mean

It’s too early to decide where this ranks up against her other openers because right now it would be in last place but I just know that ain’t right 

7 minutes ago, TOKYO. said:

sorry but what is this album really about? there is no melody for me to hear, and theres a lot of weird and offkey vocals.

this sounds like a potentially urgent medical issue, honestly. i would look up local ENTs in your area and get it checked out ASAP. 

7 minutes ago, TOKYO. said:

One way to prove you’re literally talking shxt. “No melody” - you literally have no idea what a melody is, do you :bibliahh:

imagine not hearing a beautiful gorgeous stunning melody on the grants

a braindead IDIOT i fear.

kidding obviously everyone is entitled to an opinion

WgFrKkq.gif

Edited by Mariah's Glove

9 minutes ago, GoatGly said:

there's no melody? :rip: what does that mean

as in its monotone vocals, all the same things.

Why is Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd her best song? 

Just now, TOKYO. said:

ok i take it back you arent entitled to this opinion 

WgFrKkq.gif

that's not what a melody is but I guess if it's not your kind of music it's not your kind of music

A&W > DYK > TG.

But The Grants is a beautiful song. The intro is fantastic and a fresh way to open the album.

DYK > The Grants > A&W

But I literally adore A&W we're running with a 10/10 rn

5 minutes ago, GoatGly said:

that's not what a melody is but I guess if it's not your kind of music it's not your kind of music

for me it is. literally its the same monotone and weird vocals again. i hope she returns with a poppier sound this album with at least 1 song.. for now im putting this album for my sleep cycle

15 minutes ago, TOKYO. said:

Let me break it to you - you’re tone deaf :chick3:

Wait this is on the shop rn :jonny5: Let me snatch one even though I don't currently own a record player

Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd Exclusive White Vinyl

Edited by Big Bad Wolf

44 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

i'm an og fingerkunter

WgFrKkq.gif

iktr

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, TOKYO. said:

I think it’s helpful to remember that there’s different kinds of “melodic writing”. You have melodies that follow a very specific formula, with the notes and chord progressions all very tightly constructed and the melodies are instant because they’re easier for the brain to pick up on. But Lana’s songs are typically different. She’s actually one of the most talented melodic songwriters. Her ability to craft original but timeless melodies should be studied in my opinion.

But Lana’s writing, the chord progressions she chooses and the structure of the notes in her melodies usually lack distinct and repetitive form, so they sound maybe “dull” or muddy at first. But the more you listen, the more your ear will pick up on the nuances of the music and you’ll warm up to it. Suddenly, you’ll find yourself singing along and see just how rich her melodies really are. Knowing this is why I never fear anymore when one of her songs doesn’t smack me on the first few listens. I know by now that it will smack me HARD down the line, after my tenth or so listen. 

Oprah Winfrey Concert GIF by CBS

13 minutes ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

Wait this is on the shop rn :jonny5: Let me snatch one even though I don't currently own a record player

Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd Exclusive White Vinyl

Whew just went and purchased mine, I fear Oprah Winfrey Crying GIF