Lana Del Rey - 'Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd'

RideOrDie

1 hour ago, CottageHore said:

I spilt, I fear.

Speaking of:

The Grants is hitting your honor. Third listen and whew she’s HITTING!! IMMA TAKE MINE OF YOU WITH MEEEEEEEE!!!! Tears Crying GIF

She is taking us to church.

Oprah Winfrey Crying GIF

The fact that the 3 songs we officially have, 1 is ******* long, 1 is short like this one, and 1 is in the middle. I mean I love the previous 2 songs but the length sometimes makes me want to listen to some other songs before I come back but the way The Grants is and feels so short just makes me put it on loop nonstop. Last night I put on rêpaeat and went to sleep.

• Replies 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ontherocks

• VeniceBeach

• Mariah's Glove

• stjosephprey4us

7 minutes ago, charmed23 said:

Ohhhh wow, thanks so much for this analysis. I have never articulated this *phenomenon* to anyone since the UV era. I still remember so distinctively the first over 10 times or so listening to Born to Die, Blue Jeans, West Coast, Ultraviolence and Shades of Cool, the melodies didn't stick for me at all. I annoyingly found the songs' melodies a bit hard to get, BUT there was still some nuanced elements that kept me coming back.  

Until, just like you said, they suddenly smacked my ears h.a.r.d.

This has kinda stopped happening, as my brain has been re-wired to pick up her melodies much faster, but man I really miss that enlightenment phase of brain finally clicking and being immersed in her melodies.

Yeah and adding to what CottageHore said, for other typical and basic songs out there, we can for most of the time predict the next notes / melodies because they kinda make sense. But you can hardly get what notes Lana will go next with her songs. We can notice more clearly when she uses a sample in her songs (like Old Money or even Get Free to some extent jk :eli:) we can see the contrast between the songwriting btw the sample parts and her brand new written parts, for the latter we cant predict the upcoming notes.

Edited by duybeeGAshantiGA

2 hours ago, ontherocks said:

Most of y'all didn't even like the pre released NFR songs aside from VB. And even that one got some heat. 

Tea! :giraffe:

33 minutes ago, Venice B said:

the intro is kinda unecessary and it goes for too long

It feels very out of place when the music kicks in yeh

Let's also talk about the cohesiveness that this album is about to have :jonny6:

30 minutes ago, charmed23 said:

Ohhhh wow, thanks so much for this analysis. I have never articulated this *phenomenon* to anyone since the UV era. I still remember so distinctively the first over 10 times or so listening to Born to Die, Blue Jeans, West Coast, Ultraviolence and Shades of Cool, the melodies didn't stick for me at all. I annoyingly found the songs' melodies a bit hard to get, BUT there was still some nuanced elements that kept me coming back.  

Until, just like you said, they suddenly smacked my ears h.a.r.d.

This has kinda stopped happening, as my brain has been re-wired to pick up her melodies much faster, but man I really miss that enlightenment phase of brain finally clicking and being immersed in her melodies.

Truly BTD was a spiritual experience, no exaggeration (I sound like an analboards delulu) and this is why. Chemically, my brain hadn’t been exposed to music like that by age 13 and now after 11 years of listening, my brain catches on much more quickly to Lana’s music, but as a result, that euphoric feeling I got listening to BTD in 2012 is much more muted. It’s like becoming more tolerant of an addictive drug, the effects wear off. But in this case, Lana’s music gets better with age, I fear Oprah Winfrey Concert GIF by CBS

So far, I love the little flourishes (lack of editing out background noise and use of low gate) on all three of the songs we’ve heard.

1. The Grants with the gospel singers ******* up and doing their a’capella slayage at the beginning 

2. Tunnel with the vaping in the beginning 

3. A&W with the laugh in the beginning, the vape exhale halfway through, and that sneeze she lets out at the end of American Hore.

It all feels very personal and raw and that’ll be the cohesive signature of this album, I fear. She’s got one for all her best records, that’s right. Tiffany Pollard Reality Tv GIF
(logging off now cuz I’m doing a bit much)

Can we get AI to start making Lana songs in the style of UV so people can shut up about it

Currently sharpening my pitchfork for if Sunday 11:59 pm comes and there’s still no surprise…

i just woke up, what was the surprise ?

5 minutes ago, May said:

i just woke up, what was the surprise ?

Taco Truck samples VB!

OT: Happy 300 pages :ihype:

idk if anyone has mentioned this yet but I love the chord progressions on this album thus far, it feels like she took just the right amount of experimentation she infused Blue Banisters with in spades with just the right amount of accessibility of Norman F*cking Rockwell! and topped it off with just the right amount of a new influence: choral/gospel music. she seemed to hint towards that in Thunder as well

My sister's first-born child

I'm gonna take that too with me

My grandmother's last smile

I'm gonna take that too with me

It's a beautiful life

Remember that too for me

200.gif

43 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

My sister's first-born child

I'm gonna take that too with me

My grandmother's last smile

I'm gonna take that too with me

It's a beautiful life

Remember that too for me

200.gif

love that part.. hate the intro, so unnecessary :rip: 

The intro of The Grants is cute and completely harmless. Their beautiful harmonies before the piano starts are worth it alone. 

8 hours ago, ontherocks said:

Most of y'all didn't even like the pre released NFR songs aside from VB. And even that one got some heat. 

This. :cm:

I'll never understand fans saying her melodies are not immediate or easy to digest. To me, she's one of the most instant artist out there. As soon as I press play with her, everything immediately clicks and makes total sense to me.

12 minutes ago, Ice Cream Skies said:

The intro of The Grants is cute and completely harmless. Their beautiful harmonies before the piano starts are worth it alone. 

i agree

1 minute ago, TrueBlood said:

I'll never understand fans saying her melodies are not immediate or easy to digest. To me, she's one of the most instant artist out there. As soon as I press play with her, everything immediately clicks and makes total sense to me.

SAME BRO

1 minute ago, KK_Lover said:

SAME BRO

But for real, I mean, I had more troubles getting into a couple of tracks from Ava Max latest album than everything she's released past NFR! :rip:

7 minutes ago, TrueBlood said:

But for real, I mean, I had more troubles getting into a couple of tracks from Ava Max latest album than everything she's released past NFR! :rip:

I didn't have that problem but yeah, I get it :bird:

I hate when I listen to Lana too much cuz it makes me feel too many emotions, and it’s hard to function in such stressful environments when you’re so emotionally sensitive :snowman: A&W might be her best song ever :penguin::penguin:

Jimmy cook a book, Jimmy cook a book, Jimmy Jimmy high Jimmy high 

Rent fuckkng rent free in my head, rent ducking free in my head, 

making me making me high 

making me making me high 

spacer.png