• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ontherocks

• VeniceBeach

• Mariah's Glove

• stjosephprey4us

10 minutes ago, nasa said:

Surprise: there is no surprise :jonny: Surprised?

I haven't thought of Lana's botched surprise since I was 9...

1 minute ago, Cyattie said:

I haven't thought of Lana's botched surprise since I was 9...

I haven't seen BOZ in a long long time...

2 minutes ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

this opener… the snippets… the singles… 

yeah @NormanFuckingRockwell you’re DUST

DUST

1 minute ago, popmusicisdead said:

BOZ only share secret when he wanna get high.... his mom called, I told her he's fuckin up big time

Not LB being pressed over BOZ's surprise thing and trying to twist what he said to lash him :deadbanana2:

Im so upset and sad that The Grants is not doing it for me. It's cute but at least with AW it was something new for her. TG just seems another ballad. I want her to experiment more :'(

Just now, Cyattie said:

BOZ only share secret when he wanna get high.... his mom called, I told her he's fuckin up big time

2 minutes ago, popmusicisdead said:

STOP :deadbanana2:

I've had The Grants on loop ever since it leaked. Out of all the tracks we've heard so far it's definitely the one that I relate to the most, especially the line about her grandmother's last smile makes my cry every time. Lana's earlier albums often made me emotional with their music but her lyrics have never made me cry. Until now. I don't know what prompted her to write songs like The Grants and Fingertips but this is the first time her words have moved me to tears. To say that I'm excited to hear the album would be an understatement.

19 minutes ago, danrich said:

I kept seeing weddings! Funerals! In relation to this song but didn’t hear that anywhere

I took those as a reference to this?

Jimmy only love me when he gets a surprise

Jimmy only love me when he gets a surprise

:katie2: 

1 minute ago, Mariah's Glove said:

so you say theres a surprise

for us?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2 minutes ago, GentleDance said:

It's not about having someone to surprise me anymore 

This is the experience of being a Lana Del Rey-in-a-tor.

1 minute ago, HungryByTheBuffet said:

The surprise was the interview not causing any headline news deeming lana's career over

like lets take a minute to celebrate THAT

13 minutes ago, HotHeaven said:

Im so upset and sad that The Grants is not doing it for me. It's cute but at least with AW it was something new for her. TG just seems another ballad. I want her to experiment more :'(

babe, it's just a cute intro track for the album. there's plenty more experimentation to come!

I wish we got someone to ask her the important questions, like music videos, the oceanblvd account, she even talked about the TikTok video she did and the interviewer just glossed over it :gaycat6:

This is shaping up to be her most interesting album since NFR. She keeps throwing things at me I don't quite anticipate. Obviously it's Lana so I'm not talking in extremes, but she's able to switch things up nicely and give us some spontaneity. The Grants is definitely the most BTD sounding track, but it also gives me some gospel vibes, both lyrically and with the background singer adlibs at the start. I like the kind of darker sound palette she's using, even on Ocean Blvd which at times sounds like something plucked straight out of the ending of a Broadway show there are those dark low strings.