Billboard updates LMU first 3 days sale: 27k -> 16k

Monster Queen

1 minute ago, Cloröx said:

Nah, I'm POC myself and I don't get confused between racism, systemic racism and prejudice. I guess your view on this topic is limited turkey-dance.gif

And you seem to be confused between legalized power structures (systemic racism) and socialized power structures (racism) which are required for racism to exist. All racism is prejudicial, but not all prejudice is racist. Like, the literal origins of the concept of “reverse racism” are founded in the white supremacist backlash to affirmative action and the downfall of apartheid :redface:

It’s also strange that both you and the other user are proclaiming your POC identity as a qualifier to your argument, when in fact I, a white person, would actually be the one to be qualified to speak about whether or not “reverse racism” exists, as I would be the purported victim if it did. And it does not exist :rip:

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cloröx

• ImsoLOUD

• PoisonedIvy

• Headlock

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Headlock said:

And you seem to be confused between legalized power structures (systemic racism) and socialized power structures (racism) which are required for racism to exist. All racism is prejudicial, but not all prejudice is racist. Like, the literal origins of the concept of “reverse racism” are founded in the white supremacist backlash to affirmative action and the downfall of apartheid :redface:

It’s also strange that both you and the other user are proclaiming your POC identity as a qualifier to your argument, when in fact I, a white person, would actually be the one to be qualified to speak about whether or not “reverse racism” exists, as I would be the purported victim if it did. And it does not exist :rip:

This white savior bullshit :rip: I’m here as the third POC to tell you continuing to hurl race related insults at ANYONE is prejudicial and racist. You are literally denigrating someone based on nothing more than the skin color they were born into. Taylor is the privileged race in America and can’t be systematically oppressed, but that doesn’t mean people can’t exercise (socialized) racism against her in the form of personal insults and prejudices.

side note this reminds me — There’s a viral tweet that says “I can’t be racist to white people but I can damn sure try.” :deadbanana2: that’s what this is giving 

Edited by WeFoundTrouble

We get it the Navy lost, Rihanna's song isn't sticking, let's all move on and see if Rihanna goes back to selling panties or if she actually drops a smash next go round :redface:

Edited by FightDragonsWithMe

5 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

continuing to hurl race related insults at ANYONE is prejudicial

Yes!

and racist.

No!

Taylor is the privileged race in America and can’t be systematically oppressed,

Yes!

but that doesn’t mean people can’t exercise (socialized) racism against her.

It does actually mean that!

Again, y’all seem to think saying reverse racism not existing is a defense of prejudice. It’s not. But it’s not racism :rip:

Y’all can acknowledge people’s insults for Taylor as stupid, dumb, prejudicial, desperate, or whatever you want, which they all are, but that is not racism :rip:

Edited by Headlock

Are y’all still windmilling with half of your extensions all on the floor.

love is the answer. Fighting is not right.

tomorrow is going to be one of the books unless y’all get tuckered out this evening.:lakitu:

Edited by slw84

What exactly happened? :rip: Were the sales reported fraudulent or was there an error in sale numbers originally? 

1 minute ago, slw84 said:

Are y’all still windmilling with half of your extensions all on the floor.

I just did a spit-take :rip:

2 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Yes!

No!

Yes!

It does actually mean that!

Again, y’all seem to think saying reverse racism not existing is a defense of prejudice. It’s not. But it’s not racism :rip:

I’m sorry but I personally don’t buy into “reverse racism” as a concept. It’s just racism. I’m not about to approach white people on the street and think that just because white figures in history oppressed black figures in history on a national politically systematic scale, that I have the right, as a black person, to call them demeaning names that are entirely rooted on the color of their skin. That is quite literally one of the steps to dehumanizing members of another race — by reducing them to nothing more than their skin color, you stop seeing them as a fellow human being. 

this goes beyond stanning by the way. I’m sure someone will quote me and say I’m only saying these things because I’m a Swiftie but I need you to know that’s not true at all. I feel this way about racial relations, no matter who it involves. Obviously systematic racism is a much more prevalent issue but it doesn’t excuse causal racism towards the privileged race. 

5 minutes ago, 45seconds said:

What exactly happened? :rip: Were the sales reported fraudulent or was there an error in sale numbers originally? 

Most likely just an error since it’s not the first time Billboard has initially reported bad numbers. We don’t know for sure, but I wouldn’t want to assume that there was any ill intent from any party involved.

5 minutes ago, 45seconds said:

It looked like an error but idk how they got 27k from 16k 

2 minutes ago, FightDragonsWithMe said:

It looked like an error but idk how they got 27k from 16k 

Maybe it was a week’s projection based on the 16k sales. That would make the most sense. 

1 minute ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

causal racism towards the privileged race. 

This is an oxymoron.

You can transfer this onto any form of systemic and socialized prejudice: sexism, homophobia, etc. Do you take men’s rights activists seriously when they complain of discrimination? Straight pride parades? You by definition cannot ignore the legalized and socialized prejudices ingrained in society from centuries of historical prejudice and violence when discussing these issues. We are not on a level playing field.

Nor is it possible to ignore who is using these concepts to base their arguments around: conservatives, alt-righters, white supremacists, pro-apartheiders, etc. These are the founders of the concept of “reverse racism”, “reverse sexism”, and “heterophobia”. It is the majority’s reactionary rebuttal against the minority gaining some level of power back from their historical oppressors.

13 minutes ago, Headlock said:

This is an oxymoron.

You can transfer this onto any form of systemic and socialized prejudice: sexism, homophobia, etc. Do you take men’s rights activists seriously when they complain of discrimination? Straight pride parades? You by definition cannot ignore the legalized and socialized prejudices ingrained in society from centuries of historical prejudice and violence when discussing these issues. We are not on a level playing field.

Nor is it possible to ignore who is using these concepts to base their arguments around: conservatives, alt-righters, white supremacists, pro-apartheiders, etc. These are the founders of the concept of “reverse racism”, “reverse sexism”, and “heterophobia”. It is the majority’s reactionary rebuttal against the minority gaining some level of power back from their historical oppressors.

You’re definitely right that reactionary movements that start in refute of minority movements are a mere rebuttal to deflect blame and hinder social progress. But I’m not here saying “men’s rights!” Or “white lives matter,” or any of their nonsensical “whataboutisms.” The purpose of right-wing social outcries is to never actually address the problem that minorities call attention to. I’m placing emphasis on the problems that we minorities have to endure while still taking a step back and viewing the bigger picture to recognize that equity cannot be attained if we maintain a cycle of hatred.

It took a lot of personal growth to understand and empathize with the pain my fellow black people feel towards white people. I grew up not understanding how we could individuals for actions that weren’t directly theirs. I of course came to understand that is the result of generations of hurt, trauma, and setbacks that cannot be redeemed with anything but time and progress. But I also understand that the road to change for the better is not paved with vengeance. 

These are my own personal sentiments of course and I can’t pretend any one individual speaks for the greater whole. But I’m always up for these sorts of conversations. Usually they’re not in much good faith here in ATRL but I can tell you’ve got a good head on your shoulders, so I don’t mind the engagement

Edited by WeFoundTrouble

26 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

equity cannot be attained if we maintain a cycle of hatred.

This is my point though, called something “wonderbread” isn’t perpetuating a “cycle of hatred”, it’s just a lame comeback. To me people using those kinds of insults are just obviously lacking a real argument and therefore have to resort to cheap comebacks, but the difference is those words are not rooted in centuries of actual oppression and violence. That is the line between prejudice and racism.

28 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

But I also understand that the road to change for the better is not paved with vengeance. 

But to me it isn’t “vengeance”, as nothing is actually done to the majority in any tangible way. Sure an argument can exist for how desiring any kind of vengeance can be harmful for one’s mental health, but that is not comparable to actual racism to me.

1 hour ago, Headlock said:

Oh so you’re just a typical white-savior? :bibliahh: Argument over. Goodbye. Leave these discussions to the us actual poc with brains who face real discrimination daily :bibliahh:

Not that white person in here trying to explain racism to POC members... I canNOT.  :deadbanana2:

2 hours ago, Headlock said:

You as white person try to educate me about racism :deadbanana4:

Reverse racism is not exclusive for white people it can happen everywhere, you pretty much exposed yourself that you are living in your own bubble know nothing about the rest of the world. Reverse racism it's currently happening in my country, it's part of our constitution sadly, established to counter the effect of British their stupid divide and conquer system based on races :deadbanana4:

Edited by Cloröx

Swifties realizing there are racists among them 16 years later :rip:

3 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

Swifties realizing there are racists among them 16 years later :rip:

There’s racists in every fanbase. There’s racists in every country on every continent. That doesn’t mean any group condones or recognizes those individuals as one of their own. so I’m not sure who you think is “just now realizing” that racists are on this site, but I hope you understand that the majority of us disavow that.

Also, you don’t even understand the conversations we were having because you completely missed the point of everything that’s been discussed up until this point. Don’t know what thin air you pulled your statement from. 

Edited by WeFoundTrouble

Not the users in here trying to defend the existence of reverse racism lmao honey a white man will not lose his job for looking like a biscuit while a black woman's natural hairdo could cause them to look informal and lose their job.

Just now, MingYouToo said:

Not the users in here trying to defend the existence of reverse racism lmao honey a white man will not lose his job for looking like a biscuit while a black woman's natural hairdo could cause them to look informal and lose their job.

I don't wanna drag this issue, it's getting off-topic. But if you wanna discuss about reverse racism then I'm here for it, just PM me. Because it's happening in my country, and I'll show you.

3 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

Public persecution of non-minorities happens. The consequences tend to be social rather than political or economic. By no stretch of the imagination is social exile a worse consequence than the actual hardships that minorities face, but there was a time when slavery and segregation were outlawed but social stigmatization against black people still made racial tensions rigid. Hell, they still are. It’s counterintuitive to fight back against that history of prejudice by adding more prejudice to the flames.