• simmnfierzig

• Yog

• RihFenty20

JoshSpears1805
1 minute ago, Armani? said:

Are you born in 1998 or 1970?

Streaming has ruined the charts and it should not be counting 

sales , radio and then paid  streaming should be 20%

The Hot 100 is fine the way it is. It's the perfect mix of streams, radio and sales with streaming being the highest metric as it should be because sales are irrelevant.

But a Hot 100 based on streams alone would be so boring. You have a Streaming Songs chart for that :michael:

9 minutes ago, JoshSpears1805 said:

Like I said, are you born in 1970 or 1998

The general public dont buy songs anymore, the Itunes thread is literally dead. Last time is was really active was maybe 2018

19 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

That's a great move. Streaming is way too important on the hot 100 compared to radio and real sales.

I'll never understand arguments like this. The overwhelming majority of the public use streaming services to consume music, not to mention streaming makes up 84% of the US music industry revenue. :deadbanana2:

I understand and agree streaming dynamics have it's own flaws, but yes, it is and should be counted as a much more relevant/important metric than "real sales" in 2022. It's time to let 2009 go.

1 hour ago, JoshSpears1805 said:

:rip:

Billboard charts such as H100 should measure ACTUAL popularity. What measures popularity more accurately - sales or actual plays? For the first time ever, we have the opportunity to see exactly what GP are listening to and ATRL says it's wrong :eli: 

Mediabase - good news but I think they'll recalculate current formula. How the actual ratios looks like?

Radio’s power in the hot 100 is fine, streaming is and should be more important, but people still consume music on the radio, the other day I was with my parents in the car and my dad surprisingly knew and liked songs like Heat Waves, BE, and EOM:deadbanana2: 

removing it from the formula would only make the hot 100 look exactly identical to the Spotify/AM US chart, if you guys only care about streams just look at those charts, or the streaming songs chart BB has lol 

the real problem here is how radio stations latched to a song for months, AIW and HW are example of songs that are real big hits but radio also keeps overplaying them so much, radio runs for songs should be shorter and it would solve the problem of radio being the biggest metric on the charts 

6 hours ago, JoshSpears1805 said:

Go back in the 90s instead of posting non-sense :dies: 

38 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

Radio being the dominant metric in 2022 :rip:

Truly a fraud filled metric... radio stations need to inflate their "audience" numbers to have better ad revenue, and when that isn't enough they take payola left and right :deadbanana2:

People trying to convince themselves radio should weigh more than streaming simply because their faves do better on one than the other :lmao:

I think a lot of older people still listen music in a traditional way, i.e. on radio. Therefore it can reflect popularity. Just that somebody exploits the platform to manipulate the chart :rip: . IMO, i think radio should be included on BB but they should have strictly policy on payola. Like point reduction for example

1 hour ago, KKCuteCat said:

I think a lot of older people still listen music in a traditional way, i.e. on radio. Therefore it can reflect popularity. Just that somebody exploits the platform to manipulate the chart :rip: . IMO, i think radio should be included on BB but they should have strictly policy on payola. Like point reduction for example

then they should also disavow TTH cuz that is all payola, too. 

Camila Cabello will be getting those top 10 hits now isn't she? :skull:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.