Aly & AJ - 'With Love From'

computer.boy

2 minutes ago, Stifler's Mom said:

I would say that this is the Night Version, literally. 

I'm pretty sure Aly & Aj said something like this when teasing the album. I do wish the cover reflected that though, I don't like the shot they chose

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ampersand13

• Roger

• computer.boy

• Wrecked

2 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

I'm pretty sure Aly & Aj said something like this when teasing the album. I do wish the cover reflected that though, I don't like the shot they chose

they did? pretty accurate. And I agree with you, the cover should be something darker for sure. 

1 minute ago, Stifler's Mom said:

they did? pretty accurate. And I agree with you, the cover should be something darker for sure. 

i remember reading that somewhere, ATOTB was the day time version and WLF was the after dusk version. I can't find where i read that maybe I'm making it up? But I'm sure I read that somewhere:bibliahh:

6 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

i remember reading that somewhere, ATOTB was the day time version and WLF was the after dusk version. I can't find where i read that maybe I'm making it up? But I'm sure I read that somewhere:bibliahh:

I also read that somewhere, I just don't remember. Or they said it at my Paris concert. Can't wait to listen to it!

3 minutes ago, Unknown_boy_PT said:

I also read that somewhere, I just don't remember. Or they said it at my Paris concert. Can't wait to listen to it!

I'm not going crazy then :bibliahh:. As the day progresses I'm getting more and more excited about it. Only 11.5 hours left for me :WAP:

On 3/9/2023 at 9:40 AM, Hooker Barbie said:

Pretending the material sounds rushed and unpolished to justify your not liking it is odd. 

Tea

On 3/9/2023 at 2:40 PM, Hooker Barbie said:

Pretending the material sounds rushed and unpolished to justify your not liking it is odd. 

:clap3:

Yeah, I think I remember reading something about a blue theme for the album or something like that... I'm using this 10-min-edit I made, just as basic as the og cover.

Spoiler

spacer.png

1 hour ago, computer.boy said:

Yeah, I think I remember reading something about a blue theme for the album or something like that... I'm using this 10-min-edit I made, just as basic as the og cover.

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

omg that cover :jonny6:

• ATRL Moderator

So close to release for me :wanda:

I'm tired but I'll give it a spin tomorrow, very excited! 

I wonder if the alternate mix of With Love From (from that album trailer) is the one that appears on the album or if it's the same as the single mix. 

13 minutes ago, Roger said:

I'm tired but I'll give it a spin tomorrow, very excited! 

I wonder if the alternate mix of With Love From (from that album trailer) is the one that appears on the album or if it's the same as the single mix. 

it's the single. at the time when they did that interview, it wasn't mixed yet it seems. 

my best friend is visiting from the east coast so I don't have a ton of alone time to do my regular nightwalks and listen to new albums! I might find time in a few days though, v excited for this one

13 minutes ago, Stifler's Mom said:

it's the single. at the time when they did that interview, it wasn't mixed yet it seems. 

Thank you for confirming. 

Bummer, that mix sounded way better, maybe less atmospheric (for a lack of a better word) but sounded more clear vocal wise. 

I love them so I will continue streaming this, but I was pretty bored during my first listen. Nothing really stood out... my favorite is still the excellent title track. Way of nature Way of Grace is the only bad song they've ever put out :jonny: 

Edited by Finny

30 minutes ago, Finny said:

I love them so I will continue streaming this, but I was pretty bored during my first listen. Nothing really stood out... my favorite is still the excellent title track. Way of nature Way of Grace is the only bad song they've ever put out :jonny: 

I had no idea it came out :rip: so I started streaming when I was already pretty tired. I will listen tomorrow with refreshed ears but nothing has jumped out at me so far. It took me a while to fully get into their previous album and 2 years to realize Stomach is one of my favorite songs ever so I'm sure I'll grow into liking this one. 

this is really beautiful. they really make music for that saturday end of day drive around the coast… I’m afraid i’ll be listening to this a lot in the summer

Huge disappointment for me after their very good last record, this one is too much on the bland/boring side.

I kind of forgot about it after they released After House and not feeling it either halfway through. 

I'm halfway the record and the only dud is Way of Nature. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.