Has Taylor officially run out of ideas?

Solaria

Loving the Speak Now acclaims, folklore is better lyrically but it's mostly one dimensional meanwhile Speak Now has both bops and tearjerker. :gaycat5:

OT: It's mostly because Jack Antonoff is mostly one trick pony when it comes to pop productions. She should have worked with more pop producers ala Ryan Tedder, Mark Ronson, Max Martin. Jack songs sound usually likes demos because he sucks at vocal production. Anyways if a terrible executed album Lover didn't flop I doubt Midnights will flop either.:giraffe: 

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solaria

• foreverwinter13

• MissedTheTrain

• suburbannature

I think it's a great record and while not anything new for her, it works.

Midnights is chill, fun and she experiments on a track or two while not going overboard with it. I think she just wanted to make an album that represents her early 30's and shows how much she enjoys becoming a more mature version of herself. 

She already innovated herself many times and will probably experiment again after the whole re-recording eras are over. 

i will wait for it to be on my spotify, so i can't talk about the album yet.

i like the album cover art

she did run out of ideas when it comes to marketing tho. everything pre midnight era was SO boring. like, SO boring. 

if it wasn't someone like taylor swift, i wouldn't even listen to it

If it's true that it's a collection of old rejects from previous eras, then it makes sense that it's not "fresh", it's not supposed to be.

15 hours ago, Love Again said:

It’s apparent that Aaron did the bulk of writing on folklore cause she simply doesnt have the own vernacular that she thinks she possesses

spacer.png

You ain’t sheeeet

2 hours ago, Khal said:

If it's true that it's a collection of old rejects from previous eras, then it makes sense that it's not "fresh", it's not supposed to be.

Is this true? 

15 hours ago, Mr. Mendes said:

Taylor album releases are so fun because all the stans of the girls who can't compete have to make threads like this to push ahead of the inevitable. 

why does everything always go back to stats with swifties when this thread is clearly about the quality of the album

-

FN is a much better album than any of taylor's pop albums so stop being off topic and attacking dua

9 hours ago, BadBoy said:

:rip: Not when this album is like the poppier album of her past 2 albums, and the production is mediocre. 

What is similar with Folkmore and Midnights? Don't disrespect Folkmore like that :rip:

Nope, midnights it's already the Best female album released this year:clap3:

Edited by Rhiannon

18 hours ago, unclefloprry said:

Well, she knows her new demographic is 15-25 year old white girls + some gay twinks who never experienced their teenage love and those 15-25 year old white girls who followed her 10 years ago and are now in their 30s.

That's why she will never stop singing about "teenage love" or "summer love" or "love at first sight" :cm:

Or casual stuff.

• ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Is this true? 

No, these are all new songs.  They are, however, about things in her past...reflecting on some unresolved situations and things that still keep her up at night.  So the themes are familiar for sure, but it sounds more like stuff she has wanted to get out of her system rather than searching for new stories/themes.  Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but yeah.

9 hours ago, awesomepossum said:

Now we see why there wasn't a lead single :coffee2:

Exactly. ZERO single worthy tracks on the album. It all just sounds the same, monotone and lifeless  :michael:

On 10/20/2022 at 7:36 AM, sweetblindness said:

try pop, but in a different direction (like the ‘70s thing a lot of fans suspected).

I enjoyed the album but I was so disappointed when she did not pursue a 70s pop-rock direction :<

On 10/20/2022 at 7:42 AM, Love Again said:

yall are such a bunch of hypocrites :deadbanana4: yall be doing this weekly with other female artists under the guide of ‘they came for us first’ but when someone does it to Taylor it’s so sad all of a sudden. Spare me your tears

oop-:mandown:

You have a lot of good left to give to this World

OT:

I think the album is actually very good, for what it is. Many of the songs were 8s and there were just a few duds (less than from Folklore, please don't attack me) but I don't think it's that spectacular of a record to have an acclaim rate of over 90%+ alongside MPG albums like Melodrama and Renaissance. It should be around the 83-86%, imo. It's clearly benefitting from the period of when her critical acclaim started to blossom with Folklore.

I have heard a lot of mixed reception for it from the GP, though. Anyway, it's clear she wanted to lighten it up with this record. We will probably get something more solid in...2024 but- (:priceless:) for now, I think this is a pretty great record 

Edited by Blackout2006

hell no. i don’t think she’s forever done with new ideas, but there’s really nothing that exciting for this release to me. even the pre-release ended up being so boring until i saw the trailer. as for the album.. it’s just, there, i guess.

spacer.png

Yes, but Midnight Rain might be one of the best things she's ever done.

nicole-tv-youtuber.gif

I don't know if she's running out of ideas but the album haz zero replay value for me. I was expecting more tbh.

MadonnasBoyfriend

Yea she is. All songs sounded the same and she just sing talks on the album the same way throughout. And I also don't care what she's talking about with the 10 million lyrics per song. She's for sure out of GOOD ideas. 

Edited by MadonnasBoyfriend

I feel like people just want her to fail, I really like this album and I kind of expected exactly what we got :rip: 

I support sticking to what you know. Girls get too experimental and it falls flat. I’d rather a solid body of work that doesn’t really explore new ground than a terrible album that does. She can try something new next era, but I really do like Midnights.

Yeah to be honest all of this is very redundant, rehashy and samey. It all sounds like pieces of things she has done before, apart from Vigilante **** which is just a Billie rehash. I still like it but it's definitely just recycling old work at this point.