Has Taylor officially run out of ideas?

Solaria

The dramatics in the OP. She's fine, she just needs to go back to writing fictional stories, since her own life has become too perfect to be an inspiration for something interesting. Also, trying out new producers would help.

Edited by G.U.Y_Del_Rey

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solaria

• foreverwinter13

• MissedTheTrain

• NausAllien

She shouldnt have abandoned the Folklore vibes. That was the perfect evolution for her, like when she ditch Country for Pop. 
MIDnights sadly just shows her in her worst light and just leaves fans perplexed 

J*e needs to go. Urgently. 

2 minutes ago, MardinBeksloy said:

i swear to god yall say this all the same damn time, suffer :ahh: 

That is not true at all no one was saying this when folklore and evermore were released because those are actual GOOD albums. Her own life is just too uninteresting now for her to make good work. She should write about Adele’s divorce I’m sure she’ll do a better job than her

spacer.png

• ATRL Moderator

She released folklore and evermore not even two years ago, chill. :rip:  This album isn't exactly covering new ground lyrically, but not everything she records needs to.  She said they're songs she wrote reflecting about past things in her life, things that have kept her up etc, so it was pretty clear this was about things she's gone through in the past.

It's so frustrating that the same artist who gave us Folklore is releasing these absolutely juvenile lyrics and Lover 2.0 production. For whatever reason, she feels the need to dumb her lyrics down to asinine levels when releasing pop music. Artists like Mariah show that you can still have very strong songwriting in your poppiest songs. 

She's a good songwriter, but she has far too many projects now with Kidz Bop lyricism like this. I was so excited for this album based on the descriptions she gave, but now I'm trying to cancel the vinyls :rip: 

3 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

It's so frustrating that the same artist who gave us Folklore is releasing these absolutely juvenile lyrics and Lover 2.0 production. For whatever reason, she feels the need to dumb her lyrics down to asinine levels when releasing pop music. Artists like Mariah show that you can still have very strong songwriting in your poppiest songs. 

She's a good songwriter, but she has far too many projects now with Kidz Bop lyricism like this. I was so excited for this album based on the descriptions she gave, but now I'm trying to cancel the vinyls :rip: 

Mariah has always been more consistent lyrically than her

Just now, Love Again said:

Mariah has always been more consistent lyrically than her

Yes, but someone with her reputation for lyricism and with the heights of Folklore should not be delivering content like Midnights. It's just frustrating.

MIDnights is awful, and once it gets panned by GP and critics, she'll start promoting SNTV OR campaigning for Oscars

3 minutes ago, mael said:

Hopefully she goes on a 10+ year hiatus.

She won’t. She’ll just force another concept and diary lyrics because she knows her fans will buy it regardless :deadbanana4:

When it's acclaimed and has staying power on billboard and y'all switch :heart:

No, she just gets very complacent when she hangs around Hack Antonoff. like, the push to try something else just vanishes.

55 minutes ago, Love Again said:

Numbers say nothing about ur artistic ideas and ofcourse the first week numbers will be high when you have 73 different versions to offer to your fans :deadbanana4: just for once admit she made a bad album. It’s okay. It happens to all of em eventually

Other artist have many versions too but they dont sell like Taylor? 

45 minutes ago, Love Again said:

It’s apparent that Aaron did the bulk of writing on folklore cause she simply doesnt have the own vernacular that she thinks she possesses

spacer.png

You are just hating. Aaron himself told that Taylor is the main writer on every song he just polishing things

These threads are so funny

I haven't heard the album yet, but even her most boring album (Lover) still had one song (The Archer) that resonated with me, so I'm sure there will be a gem on Midnights regardless of the subject matter.

• ATRL Moderator

Snow on the Beach is a masterpiece though so I guess not.