Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour | Now: European Poets Department

Popboi.

My question is: how do you address the demand?

360 adds tons more seats and multiply that across multiple dates, but tickets have already been sold at this point. To switch that up would likely require refunds. Plus the first date is only 4 months away. With a tour of this magnitude and Taylor's production values, it could be incredibly challenging and limiting to have redesign and remanufacture a new stage, and still rehearse. 

I could see just adding more dates, but as TM announced the demand was there for approximately 900 shows :jonny:

I really have no good ideas!

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Ms. Togekiss

• Taylor fanboy

3 minutes ago, Buffy said:

majority of fans got in even if they didn’t get their preferred seats. ?

I Wouldn't say that. of course we can't know for sure, but swifties on reddit, for example, are fumming. most of them didn't even get the chance.

2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

My question is: how do you address the demand?

360 adds tons more seats and multiply that across multiple dates, but tickets have already been sold at this point. To switch that up would likely require refunds. Plus the first date is only 4 months away. With a tour of this magnitude and Taylor's production values, it could be incredibly challenging and limiting to have redesign and remanufacture a new stage, and still rehearse. 

I could see just adding more dates, but as TM announced the demand was there for approximately 900 shows :jonny:

I really have no good ideas!

more shows to get a ticket to all the 3.5M verified fans. 

1 minute ago, InventedGays said:

Even a 360 stage adding seats is such a small fraction of the amount of people still wanting them.  Like putting a band aid on a bullet wound :deadbanana:

bandaid-dontfix.gif

7 minutes ago, Buffy said:

She is either stressing out of her mind seeing her name plastered on the news or she’s drinking champagne and celebrating knowing she sold out all the stadiums. At the end of the day, it’s a business and all of the seats are filled by fans.

Its a tricky situation because there's really not much she could do. But she and the loons running TN cannot pretend nothing is happening. :toofunny3:

The ticket purchasing system just wasn’t fair, but majority of fans got in even if they didn’t get their preferred seats. ?

Sooooo many fans didn't get in tbh. Twitter and Reddit are in shambles. (and I'm not talking about the entitled SSer who want to see/meet her 20 times).

1 minute ago, nathanspears said:

Were the fan codes unique or just generic?

unique

Honestly the Reputation Tour Boost system made the most sense and TM knows it worked very well to help get tickets into the hands of fans! It required no money spent to get prioritized (if you didn't want to) and created a threshold to weed out bots and scalpers. Plus it encouraged fans that wanted tickets to put in the time and energy into "earning" priority while supporting the artist :michael:

It seems increasingly apparent that there is not a realistic option to address the immense demand, but ensuring that actual fans get the tickets seems like the best direction to problem solve in :celestial5:

Over 3.5 million people pre-registered for Taylor’s Verified Fan.

1.5 million people were invited to participate in the on sale for all 52 show dates.

bot attacks as well as fans who didn’t have invite codes drove unprecedented traffic on our site, resulting in 3.5 billion total system requests.

90% fewer tickets are currently posted for resale on secondary markets than a typical on sale, which is exactly why the artist team wanted to use Verified Fan to sell their tickets.

hmm.

I don't even know what she could do :redface:

Even if they manage to properly sell whatever's remaining, there are still so many people without tickets. There's no way they can meet the demand. And we have no idea what the international demand looks like

I am so thankful I managed to get tickets even if the seats weren’t my preferred choice. I’m just hope people will calm down by the time she tours. I can already sense a bloodbath happening but I hope not.

4 minutes ago, InventedGays said:

Idk about the bot stuff but the resale statement is true - looking through resale sites and compared to the amount of tickets sold there is barely a fraction listed to resell

Based on my observations, it is clear that a lot of people are disappointed and frustrated that they did not get tickets. However, a lot of people have moved toward unsubstantiated allegations of dynamic pricing, massive amounts of resale etc.

I get people are understandably upset and are entitled to feel as such, but reality and facts need to be maintained. If you can't do that, go take a moment :matty:

Even though I’m one of the pissed off it’s kind of sending me that this is so bad and so many are pissed it’s beginning to turn into a multi-state and federal government investigation ???

13 minutes ago, If U Seek Amy said:

Even though I’m one of the pissed off it’s kind of sending me that this is so bad and so many are pissed it’s beginning to turn into a multi-state and federal government investigation ???

thats how i feel too im mad i couldnt get tickets at any presale but cracking up now at how messy this got

Ticketmaster shared a pointless blog just celebrating Taylor and going a little more in-depth about the mess. 

Doesn't say anything about future on-sales or pre-sales.

I feel like they're trying really hard to push the "unprecedented demand" excuse so they can get away with not much responsibility :redface:

I think there has been some discourse about having an abnormal parasocial relationship with Taylor Swift and how that is on your for expecting her to care. I find that mindset in some cases to be true, but I also find it too black and white to apply to everyone. It is not just my life is invested in Taylor Swift completely or I have no care for her.

Taylor Swift is a person many respect and look up to. They feel very connected to her because they relate to her struggles. Many are not under some illusion Taylor cares to some great extent about them and know she has no idea who they are. But to actively watch someone you look up to not address such a poorly handled situation while continuing to beg for more remix purchases and merch sales and help them win awards and break records is awful. The person they look up to so much who has worked for and advocated for so much positive change in the industry and for social causes and more to suddenly give them the cold shoulder is awful. In addition, she has previously shown she does care at least to some extent with all of her efforts with fans. Most get supply could not meet demand. That is sad, but not what hurts most Swifties. It is that they seem to have been tricked into buying tons of products to in exchange for no apparent tangible benefit except some alleged boost with no transparency and no clear benefit for anyone.  In exchange they got entered into a random lotto with scalpers and bots and people who dont care when you've been dedicated. The reputation tour handled this far better and gave a lot of preference to true fans who actually put in more money and effort for her. So many right now are quite literally feeling hurt by who they look up to and it is not as crazy as many are making it seem. Anyone having someone they look up to completely turn out to be someone they didnt think they were is very disheartening if it turns out to be true.

This still has time to be properly addressed/possibly amended at least to some extent so I don't think the full story has been told yet. But if this goes by without ever being talked about or without at least some appreciation being shown for fans efforts and heartbreak that absolutely changes my outlook on her as a person which changes my ability to enjoy their music forever as I am now see them as simply a manipulator she claims not to be for her own benefit. She is no longer worthy of my respect in that case. I fully understand she can't give her life for her fans and doesn't live to please us 24/7. Come for me if you want idc. But I think many are having a rational response to what is going on and it isn't as simple as some make it out to be

Lettuce pray she comes to my flop country and I'm able to get tickets for my boyfriend and I :weeps: I really want to see her :weeps:

this is SUCH a mess omfg :deadbanana4: how can you **** this up so badly?? 

the word “cancelled” is also so confusing. why not “postponed”, and how are the remaining tickets going to be distributed then?

what a **** show  

International dates will probably be worse because they'll underestimate her demand for every city :deadbanana2: Brazil and Mexico will probably get 2 dates when she could probably do more now. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.