Why Don’t Y’all Stream Beyoncé’s Catalogue?

Brikenbur

Lack of hits + 4, Beyoncé, and Lemonade weren’t very global

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rotunda

• Aristide

• *-ChriZ-*

• Brikenbur

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually stan her eras pretty heavy and then stop listening in the long run. I think that'll be different with Renaissance tho...all time top album on my last.fm I fear.

There are some staples I always go back to though. Jealous, Mine, 6 Inch, Love Drought to name a few!! :celestial5:

7 minutes ago, monstereo said:

Very little replay value, aged poorly, smoke and mirrors, etc.

A Xtina stan :deadbanana:

And Spotify is one streaming service, she has Apple Music and YT. 

Anyway, let's get back to a thriving and current era, which is hard to get, not everybody has that.

2 minutes ago, Planet Mars said:

A Xtina stan :deadbanana:

And Spotify is one streaming service, she has Apple Music and YT. 

Anyway, let's get back to a thriving and current era, which is hard to get, not everybody has that.

Change your sig, it really doesn't apply to you.

1 minute ago, monstereo said:

Change your sig, it really doesn't apply to you.

My point stands, you might want to reconsider your participation in this thread with THAT avi. :rip:

2 hours ago, Alexz said:

Her music is kinda bad. From her old songs I only listen to Love On Top, Drunk In Love and maybe Sweet Dreams and Halo. All of her album tracks are terrible and her first and second albums are unlistenable.

2 hours ago, magazine said:

Most of the music is dated as hell, you know. It just doesn't sound good.

I mean great singles, beautiful singles. But do we care about the rest? We don't.

Apart from Lemonade, it's very hard to get into her body of work.

3Ica9O8.gif

These gon get some people pissed off but they're nothing but the truth, to me BDAY is her only album w more listenable tracks than fillers, the rest of her catalogue is filler upon filler upon filler save for like half a dozen cute singles :cm:

Lol it’s ironic how non-fans broke their heels to make the first page. You don’t listen to but you devote all your energy to hating on her on atrl. 

Because nobody cares about her and her god complex anymore.

People only stream it when they get the thousand reminder that she has a new album out.

We already saw how the "hit album" Lemonade is doing after few years.

Though I agrih with the detractors on here (her music ain't all that) I don't agree at all with the idea that artists need to be relatable that some of you are pushing yikes, it's what I loathe the most about this current era in entertainment... we need foreign, otherwordly glamour and mystery not some girl next door! 

12 minutes ago, Zaram said:

Because nobody cares about her and her god complex anymore.

People only stream it when they get the thousand reminder that she has a new album out.

We already saw how the "hit album" Lemonade is doing after few years.

You sure seem to care a lot since you’re always talking about her

We’re on this tired and incorrect narrative still. It’s nice that Beyoncé doesn’t have to rely on catalog streams to show that the public is still interested (that’s when one is certainly a nostalgia act) considering her recent release is moving units and streams quite fine without any notable features from streaming forces. Beyoncé is simply relevant & still a hitmaking and cultural force. But don’t worry, once Beyoncé finishes her very successful album that is only 2 months and some change with a #1 SOLO hit and upcoming viral smash as well, she will embark on her world tour that will be using her successful 2022 album and “dated” and “low-streaming” catalog to sell out a smash tour which will undoubtedly gross millions and millions more than many others. It’s okay, she’ll just have to live with the fact that people don’t want to hear her #1 iconic group song from 1998 or 2000 or her iconic solo #1 songs and hits from 2003 or 2008. She’ll just perform her #1 solo song from her smash album Renaissance from 2022. 

15 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

You sure seem to care a lot since you’re always talking about her

That user is such a dedicated hater. It's really wild.

3 hours ago, Brikenbur said:

Serious question.
It’s no secret that her streaming numbers are not great for an artist of her magnitude.

Despite her being my #2 most-streamed artist ever on Spotify and RENAISSANCE being my most-streamed album this year, I rarely ever stream older Beyoncé music. I love her music and have been a fan since 2002, however, I’m just never in the mood for it. 
If I do stream her older stuff, it’s usually something off of BEYONCÉ4, or B’Day. She has an amazing catalogue, but, if I want to listen to “older” music from the 00’s or 10’s, I resort to Lady Gaga, Ariana, Taylor, Katy, etc despite me being a Beyoncé fan. Their music is just more digestible sometimes when I don’t know what I want to listen to or if I’m just throwing on good music to fill the background.

What gives my fellow BeyHivians? Do y’all struggle with this? Should I get checked out? :deadbanana4:

Why can't you just use Base? Are you banned to make a thread there?

10A4C3BE-748E-4134-A28D-1014DBF2342E.thu

The way stans are suddenly running to Beys catalog streams now that her currently album is sticking to the charts is sending me. :hoetenks:

Let's be real, her discography hasn't aged well. You just can't listen to Lemonade in 2022, it really belongs to 2016. BEYONCE has aged a tiny bit better, but still meh....B'Day still sounds fresh though, for sure :clap3: 

Her albums before 4 are dated as hell but we can pretty much say that for all of our faves who released in the 04-10 era so not a big deal 

Edited by Rigalo

6 hours ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Her new music constantly tops her old music and she still feels current and modern and not like a nostalgic act.

Stream Cuff It!

OE28L8P.gif

This is actually so true. Queen.

I can't, i just can't stop streaming RENAISSANCE in full all day long. Her old albums can wait.

I stream Halo:clap3:

When people use her personality and fan's obsession and praise of her - you know they don't really have any reason and are just a hater.

You don't know her personally, and someone else's view & perception of her shouldn't cause you to judge and undermine HER. Use common sense and leave the bitterness at the door.

Recurrent streams all have to do with playlisting. Obviously album tracks from 2003 aren’t going to have good playlisting positions.

But Beyoncé’s streams will get better in time as she continues to release. Look at how much Ariana, Drake, Rihanna and Taylor Swift benefited from dropping all the time. Taylor Swift was a flop on streaming and so she dropped 6 albums in three years to fix it. That’s all Beyonce has to do.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.