Why Don’t Y’all Stream Beyoncé’s Catalogue?

Brikenbur

The fact that Bey’s current era is doing so well that the girls have to flood into threads to drag decades-old albums tells you all you need to know :rip:

Regardless, there’s a lot of potential answers:

1- Bey’s classics are divided between Destiny’s Child and her solo career

2- Bey is only just now having her first streaming release, and harmed her streaming power with the Tidal/Digital exclusives and elusive album cycles 

3- Bey is more urban-leaning and therefore bigger on non-Spotify platforms like Apple Music 

4- Some streaming boosts are just a question of what track is going viral on social media at the time 

5- Some girls may just have more classics that have aged better and there’s nothing wrong with that. A lot of Bey’s hits are nowhere near my top 10. 

Edited by Rotunda

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rotunda

• Aristide

• *-ChriZ-*

• Brikenbur

Top Posters In This Topic

4, Self-Titled, LEMONADE and RENAISSANCE are all amazing. B'Day and IASF aged terribly imo but B'Day still has huge bops. DIL is great again, this sound came back.

Personally I don’t stream her catalog as much because I usually play Renaissance in full. She gets too much of my music time.

It’s already too time consuming and I don’t have anymore time for her old stuff.

8 minutes ago, on the line said:

Beyoncé's music is very "of the moment" and once I've listened a few times it feels very dated and overplayed. Her celebrity is bigger than her work imo.

And yet she’s about to embark on a huge stadium tour. Her work is celebrated and consumed massively, and all her stats are amazing. Dont take your news from atrl :rip:

4 minutes ago, magazine said:

I'm part of the GP.

You have a Tinashe avi

OE28L8P.gif

Edited by ATWK

16 minutes ago, Aristide said:

She gets reclusive because she has no faith in the music.

If she has no faith in the music wouldnt that be more reason to do aggressive promotion so it does well? If anything, I’d argue she often has too much faith in her music, and that’s how we ended up with EIL/TG.

Edited by Rotunda

People with avatars of artists with dead careers need not speak on Bey’s streams first of all.

We had 6 years of playing her old stuff, mind your monkey business 

Its gonna be great bumping this thread once she embarks on a record breaking World tour. Thank you OP!

OE28L8P.gif

Because we are streaming Renaissance from start to finish all day every day since the released, and there are only 24 hours in a day, Supposed Fan.   Already 11 weeks in top 10, and on its way to 20 weeks in top 10 probably with a new smash single. 

When was the last time your other faves had an album in top 10 for 11 weeks?  

spacer.png

Edited by Kh-Loud

13 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

The fact that Bey’s current era is doing so well that the girls have to flood into threads to drag decades-old albums tells you all you need to know :rip:

Regardless, there’s a lot of potential answers:

1- Bey’s classics are divided between Destiny’s Child and her solo career

2- Bey is only just now having her first streaming release, and harmed her streaming power with the Tidal/Digital exclusives and elusive album cycles 

3- Bey is more urban-leaning and therefore bigger on non-Spotify platforms like Apple Music 

4- Some streaming boosts are just a question of what track is going viral on social media at the time 

5- Some girls may just have more classics that have aged better and there’s nothing wrong with that. A lot of Bey’s hits are nowhere near my top 10. 

This is the correct analysis :clap3: 

1 minute ago, ATWK said:

You have a Tinashe avi

OE28L8P.gif

It very much looks an awful lot like I have a Tinashe AVI, doesn't it?

You know what, we.... I didn't do that. I don't remember that. My account probably got hacked or something.

This discussion is getting really tired.

Beyoncé out of all her peers is getting streamed the most. Taking a random week in May 2022 before Break My Soul was released or there was any knowledge about Renaissance: she was the second streamed female artist of her time (her peers being Shakira, P!nk, Christina, Britney, Alicia, J.Lo and Avril) with only Shakira being above her in the Weekly Artists section, which is explanable by Shakira's song Te Felicito and the publicity that was drawn to her due to her breakup with Piqué

Secondly, Lemonade's streams can EASILY be explaned by two factors: 1. It was released on streaming way later 2. We are in a time where dance music is having a massive resurgence. The charts right now are filled with happy tunes. Lemonade is a heavy album, it deals with subjects that are not always intended for youth oriented streaming right now. And before SZA etc gets brought up, Ctrl and Lemonade are NOT similar and might reach the same audiences, but there are clear differences in their sound and what makes them stand out.

Lastly, Beyoncé's overall album streams are far above her peers and that's what matters the most. Hold on to those reccurent streams for your dear life. It won't change the fact that Lemonade was the GLOBAL best selling album of 2016 and that Renaissance will certainly pave its way onto the top of the IFPI Charts as well. Beyoncé is 40 years old, 25 years into her career and is bagging two hits, something of which multiple of her peers have not been able to achieve for years. Enough of this tired reccurent streams argument. It's weak and it's the only thing that you guys can use (which can be explained by simple arguments that no one on #THAT side wants to hear because they are extremely blind towards any logical thinking skills)

her songs are boring

Lack of hits + 4, Beyoncé, and Lemonade weren’t very global

Okay.

Once the hype and the propaganda machine behind her releases fade away you simply realize there's no much replay value in her catalogue, a lot of her album tracks are simply tedious and dull.

55 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

If she has no faith in the music wouldnt that be more reason to do aggressive promotion so it does well?

If you want to undermine your artistic integrity, then yes. But I don't think very many artist would want to do that. That's why Beyoncé has been giving her solo albums the bare minimum for years now. Because that must be all they deserve.

Just now, Aristide said:

If you want to undermine your artistic integrity, then yes. But I don't think very many artist would want to do that. That's why Beyoncé has been giving her solo albums the bare minimum for years now. Because that must be all they deserve.

But releasing albums you don’t believe in doesnt undermine artistic integrity? Do you hear yourself?

Her recurrent streams were never this lackluster and it’s because Renaissance is still doing 7-8M daily. Y’all just chose to forget that. Beyoncé literally appears three times among the 15 most streamed female albums of the 2000s on Spotify.
#3. I AM...SASHA FIERCE

#8. Dangerously In Love

#12. B'Day

Because unless you can name a 2000s catalogue by a female with more recurrent streams than Beyoncé, then what are y’all even trying to say? 

As far as the 2010s were concerned , she paid pop radio dust… that was obvious. But even so, she still managed to be the 5th most streamed female of the 2010s with albums like 4 out-streaming literal pop albums with much bigger hits. Throw in the fact that Lemonade was a tidal exclusive for 3 years…. 99% MPGs cant even afford that kind of sabotage let alone stay as consistent as Bey :toofunny2: but ok 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.