Why Don’t Y’all Stream Beyoncé’s Catalogue?

Brikenbur

Serious question.
It’s no secret that her streaming numbers are not great for an artist of her magnitude.

Despite her being my #2 most-streamed artist ever on Spotify and RENAISSANCE being my most-streamed album this year, I rarely ever stream older Beyoncé music. I love her music and have been a fan since 2002, however, I’m just never in the mood for it. 
If I do stream her older stuff, it’s usually something off of BEYONCÉ4, or B’Day. She has an amazing catalogue, but, if I want to listen to “older” music from the 00’s or 10’s, I resort to Lady Gaga, Ariana, Taylor, Katy, etc despite me being a Beyoncé fan. Their music is just more digestible sometimes when I don’t know what I want to listen to or if I’m just throwing on good music to fill the background.

What gives my fellow BeyHivians? Do y’all struggle with this? Should I get checked out? :deadbanana4:

Edited by Brikenbur

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rotunda

• Aristide

• *-ChriZ-*

• Brikenbur

Top Posters In This Topic

Her music is kinda bad. From her old songs I only listen to Love On Top, Drunk In Love and maybe Sweet Dreams and Halo. All of her album tracks are terrible and her first and second albums are unlistenable.

Her new music constantly tops her old music and she still feels current and modern and not like a nostalgic act.

Stream Cuff It!

OE28L8P.gif

Because Beyonce is an artist that gets better overtime. Unlike some who's peak is their debut

OE28L8P.gif

Most of the music is dated as hell, you know. It just doesn't sound good.

I mean great singles, beautiful singles. But do we care about the rest? We don't.

Apart from Lemonade, it's very hard to get into her body of work.

3Ica9O8.gif

Her music is good and she is a great performer, but her music and her "I'm a god persona"  makes me unable to make an emotional connection that warrants another listen.  

2 minutes ago, period sis said:

Because Beyonce is an artist that gets better overtime. Unlike some who's peak is their debut

And yet all ya'll have been saying recently is how she's not doing enough. What is the truth?

Just now, Aristide said:

And yet all ya'll have been saying recently is how she's not doing enough. What is the truth?

I’m confused how those are contradictory things. Bey’s actual albums get better over time (ignoring the side projects), but she also gets more reclusive over time as well. 

Just now, byzantium said:

Her music is good and she is a great performer, but her music and her "I'm a god persona"  makes me unable to make an emotional connection that warrants another listen.  

I agree and the god-like persona makes her seem manufactured too. The marketing gimmick definitely consumes too much of her image. I thought this was the era of relatability in artists? Some need to get with the times.

7 minutes ago, magazine said:

Most of the music is dated as hell, you know. It just doesn't sound good.

I mean great singles, beautiful singles. But do we care about the rest? We don't.

Apart from Lemonade, it's very hard to get into her body of work.

3Ica9O8.gif

Don't you stan Shawn Mendes? :deadbanana4:

Beyoncé's music is very "of the moment" and once I've listened a few times it feels very dated and overplayed. Her celebrity is bigger than her work imo.

11 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Her new music constantly tops her old music and she still feels current and modern and not like a nostalgic act.

Stream Cuff It!

OE28L8P.gif

I think this is it. Every era I was obsessed with the music and then once a new era is released, I’m all about that one. .. but can we all just collectively agree, that despite its success, IAMSF is probably one of the worst (quality) albums amongst the MPG’s

OE28L8P.gif

6 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

I’m confused how those are contradictory things. Bey’s actual albums get better over time (ignoring the side projects), but she also gets more reclusive over time as well. 

She gets reclusive because she has no faith in the music.

Edited by Aristide

6 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Beyoncé is not a relatable artist and I don’t need that to be a fan. I’m all for the aspirational, god-like aura that surrounds Beyoncé’s career. She reminds me of celebrities of The Golden Age when all you knew them for was the art they put out. I don’t need to see my favs posting TikToks or selfies on a daily/weekly timeframe. 

ATRL needs to send out some PCR tests or something because the lack of taste on display right now is genuinely concerning to me..

How many threads are y’all going to make? :deadbanana4:

4 minutes ago, Aristide said:

She gets reclusive because she has no faith in the music.

When u post statements like this, do u take out ur brain 2 min before typing and leave it on the desk? Im just intrigued to understand

OE28L8P.gif

the obsession :bibliahh:

it’s especially sad bc RENAISSANCE will outsell gaga’s last two studio albums combined. the fact that the liddos don’t see the shade in having to cling to an album from 2011 :dies:

3 minutes ago, Aramis said:

Don't you stan Shawn Mendes? :deadbanana4:

I don't stan anybody, I'm part of the GP.

You just have to accept that we have spoken and this is our decision.

You as a stan will never understand that. You'll always be blind.

3Ica9O8.gif

6 minutes ago, Brikenbur said:

Beyoncé is not a relatable artist and I don’t need that to be a fan. I’m all for the aspirational, god-like aura that surrounds Beyoncé’s career. She reminds me of celebrities of The Golden Age when all you knew them for was the art they put out. I don’t need to see my favs posting TikToks or selfies on a daily/weekly timeframe. 

Good for you.   Maybe you should stream her more to make up for everyone else that find no reason to stream her.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.