Christina hasn't charted an album in 4 years or a single in 9 years. Why?

suburbannature

20 minutes ago, Anomaly said:

Legend X has reached a point where she transcends the charts. She doesn’t need hits; she is the hit.

She also seems to have transcended streaming and music consumption in general because her numbers are abysmal. She's below ALL OF HER PEERS and music legends like Mariah, Madonna and Whitney on Spotify, and neither of them released a studio album this year.

tumblr_inline_r4mwagLCMr1qktomp_500.thum

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• suburbannature

• La Reina

• NausAllien

• Jay07

26 minutes ago, Pikachoo said:

Because Xtina is a legend. So you better wisen up miss suburbannature. I love you and your taste in Mariah music is good, but this is strike 2. first you hate Miss Ga G, now you are hating on Leyenda X. Now, has Xtina had been experiencing nothing but utter commercial failure for the Trump and Biden years? no she hasnt. Accelerate and Fall In Line made some major noise upon release. I remember critics calling Accelerate the ‘female Kanye West single’. and yes, Miss West’s in the closet ass is a mess, but thats only because the Kardashians ate his heart and then they ate his brain. That girl Kim is a Monster. muh muh muh Monster. That girl is a monster. muh muh muh monster. She-ate-my-heart I love that boy She-ate-my-heart want to talk to her he’s hot as hell. but in 2018, Kanye still had respect, so the comparison to Xtina was an honor. And Fall In Love was the song that brought Demi back into relevance. Before that, she was flopping left and right.  before the yogurt, before the pronouns, there was Fall In Line. So maybe her music hasnt sold per se, but to me sales is more than streaming and purchases. She sold her artistry with Liberation and she sold her leverage as an influential artist by making Demi relevant again. People talk about Xtina as an influence. “Xtina influenced me” said Ariana, Halsey, Olivia Rodrigo and best of all, the artist who Generation Z looks up to most; Halsey. When people discuss Britney, they discuss her sales and the snake. that was her influence. so sorry, Britney may have the sales, but Xtina has our hearts! But if you ask me, Jessica Simpson is the true winner of the laye 90s pop girls. Celebrity status without it being a circus, heartfelt vocals that inspired an rntire catfish

Excuse me ? I'm sorry, I usually live for your iconic posts but I can't let you spread those lies about Miss Demetria. :tsk:

Spotify

2017 - Sorry Not Sorry : 1b+

2017 - Echame la Culpa (with Luis Fonsi) : 815m

2018 - Solo (Clean Bandit ft/ Demi) : 938m

2018 - Fall in Line (Xtina ft/ Demi) : 72m

If anything, Demi is the one who brought X back intro relevance by giving her the most streamed song of Liberation.

OT : She's been over for years, I fear.

Telepathy was actually really good :alexz:

Also, I’m genuinely surprised Fall In Line, Loyal Brave and True, and Reflections didn’t chart at all :lakitu:

1 hour ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

Because it's 2022.... But that interview where they ask Christina if she'd ever work with Madonna (because matm was new) and she laughs and says maybe 10 years ago is just so ironic now 

:lmao: link? 

I was about to say this thread is very insensitive because how you expect Christina Grimmie to chart after dying in 2016, but turns out it's about a different Christina. Be more specific next time, please.

she's just one of the many has beens of the music industry that was left in the 2000s :michael:

3 hours ago, Shelter said:

Why is ATRL obsessed with bringing Xtina down 

Good question...

56fb904e-fdee-4ddf-81f0-8e1e918904f3_tex

DMF screaming at his computer right now and saving Say Something stats to post the 1st day he's unbanned 

2 hours ago, Pikachoo said:

Because Xtina is a legend. So you better wisen up miss suburbannature.

I screamed at the first 2 sentences alone 

Just now, naval23 said:

help :deadbanana4:

8 minutes ago, naval23 said:

Said the Nelly Furtado fan...

LITERALLY hasn't charted a song since 2012 (before Say Something's top 5)

oGOOCEh.png

Edited by NausAllien
Typo

4 hours ago, Shelter said:

Why is ATRL obsessed with bringing Xtina down 

She is not needed to be brought down. She hasn't charted in an entire decade.

Edited by Alexz

3 hours ago, HïFidelity said:

She’s over 35, most female pop stars over a certain age have a very difficult time charting. I don’t know why ATRL acts dumb and obtuse regarding this…

Was she over 35 ten years ago when she started to miss the Hot 100?

Some acts haven't had an album chart since 2016 or before though so I guess she's not completely bombing. Aguilera not charting at all is not really a shock.

3 hours ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

Because it's 2022.... But that interview where they ask Christina if she'd ever work with Madonna (because matm was new) and she laughs and says maybe 10 years ago is just so ironic now 

And she couldn't be so truthful about it on TV, she was such a ******* ***** and now nobody would want to touch her becauE she would make them flop miserably like that endless list of collabs that failed to chart.

Edited by Alexz

Double post. Delete.

Edited by Alexz

3 hours ago, Totami Legend said:

The way Xtina Stans have to deal with lambs and Britney Stans all at once I wish you good luck :rip:

What did she do to Mariah?

23 minutes ago, NausAllien said:

Said the Nelly Furtado fan...

LITERALLY hasn't charted a song since 2012 (before Say Something's top 5)

oGOOCEh.png

That's nice, glad you took the time out of your day to research something Nelly Furtado stans don't care about or else we wouldn't be stanning her in the first place - forgive us if that concept is too hard for Xtina stans to grasp though like many other ones

3 hours ago, Pikachoo said:

Because Xtina is a legend. So you better wisen up miss suburbannature. I love you and your taste in Mariah music is good, but this is strike 2. first you hate Miss Ga G, now you are hating on Leyenda X. Now, has Xtina had been experiencing nothing but utter commercial failure for the Trump and Biden years? no she hasnt. Accelerate and Fall In Line made some major noise upon release. I remember critics calling Accelerate the ‘female Kanye West single’. and yes, Miss West’s in the closet ass is a mess, but thats only because the Kardashians ate his heart and then they ate his brain. That girl Kim is a Monster. muh muh muh Monster. That girl is a monster. muh muh muh monster. She-ate-my-heart I love that boy She-ate-my-heart want to talk to her he’s hot as hell. but in 2018, Kanye still had respect, so the comparison to Xtina was an honor. And Fall In Love was the song that brought Demi back into relevance. Before that, she was flopping left and right.  before the yogurt, before the pronouns, there was Fall In Line. So maybe her music hasnt sold per se, but to me sales is more than streaming and purchases. She sold her artistry with Liberation and she sold her leverage as an influential artist by making Demi relevant again. People talk about Xtina as an influence. “Xtina influenced me” said Ariana, Halsey, Olivia Rodrigo and best of all, the artist who Generation Z looks up to most; Halsey. When people discuss Britney, they discuss her sales and the snake. that was her influence. so sorry, Britney may have the sales, but Xtina has our hearts! But if you ask me, Jessica Simpson is the true winner of the laye 90s pop girls. Celebrity status without it being a circus, heartfelt vocals that inspired an rntire catfish

Sig-worthy. The fact that you are a Kelly stan makes me love this even more. :jonnycat:

4 hours ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

The clown came back to bite!

Not a Mariah fan making fun of Xtina in 2022 :ghostface:

You're probably 35+ y.o. it's time to let it go.

Embarrassing stats. Career really lasted 1999-2006 and the only reason it’s 7 years is cause of the long gaps between albums

Don‘t forget „Little Dreamer“. According to some Christina fans, bonus songs that get added years later to Spotify are singles as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.