Christina hasn't charted an album in 4 years or a single in 9 years. Why?

suburbannature

On 10/11/2022 at 5:38 PM, Atlantis said:

Because no one cares... This forum is literally the only place I see people discussing her. Why does she even have stans anyway... her music is awful and she's a flop

Because she's pretty much one of the few stannable pop artists left. She has live vocals, studio vocals, acclaim, iconic moments, an amazing discography, and inspired a generation of new artists. What planet are you on? I clearly still prefer her over 99% of the artists this forum prefers.

Some of you are so driven by what's commercially hot right now and can't think for yourselves. No wonder most artists don't care anymore. :toofunny3:

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• suburbannature

• La Reina

• NausAllien

• Jay07

On 10/11/2022 at 8:30 PM, Zaynsus said:

Don't forget that Mi Reflejo is an album in Spanish so its certification is a Latin one so it's 6x Platinum for less than 500k sales/units.

So we have 13.5M units in the 2000s for Mimi (1.9M per release) vs. 8M for Xtine (1.6M per release) - not all of X's 2000s releases combined selling as much as her debut :toofunny3: -.

The way these numbers are already outdated as Stripped just got 5x platinum certified, so this brings Xtina's 2000s average to 2.2M per release.

And Mi Reflejo's U.S. certification is outdated. But using this logic, I can brag that Xtina stomped on Mariah completely during the 2010s decade since both debuted in the 90s. :cm:

3 hours ago, Trash said:

Not to join the beating of a dead horse, but Mariah debuted an entire decade before Christina and even the Christina's last hit was in 2006, two years before Mariah's last hit.

Except Christina's last solo hit was in 2008, arguably 2012 since "Your Body" did well internationally (Top 10 and 20 positions). Not to mention her smash collaborations, but I know y'all ignore those to feel better about yourselves.

10 minutes ago, La Reina said:

The way these numbers are already outdated as Stripped just got 5x platinum certified, so this brings Xtina's 2000s average to 2.2M per release.

And Mi Reflejo's U.S. certification is outdated. But using this logic, I can brag that Xtina stomped on Mariah completely during the 2010s decade since both debuted in the 90s. :cm:

Except Christina's last solo hit was in 2008, arguably 2012 since "Your Body" did well internationally (Top 10 and 20 positions). Not to mention her smash collaborations, but I know y'all ignore those to feel better about yourselves.

How would that make me feel better about myself? i don't live through my faves, i'm just defending Mimi, who literally gets a yearly #1 but i didn't mention it since i assumed they we're talking about their latest solo hit. :rip:

Also #Beautiful (2013 single) outpeaked Your Body.

15 minutes ago, La Reina said:

The math isn't mathing. 

2000s (Mariah's second decade as well):

FJhZnq1XsAAnOVE.jpg:large

Christina: #26

FJAED8YXMAQFcRQ?format=jpg&name=large

(Christina missed the top 100 eras)

And I'd love to know what you think Christina accomplished in the 2010s since she hasn't charted since her two features in 2013-2014 :ahh: 

1 hour ago, Trash said:

How would that make me feel better about myself? i don't live through my faves, i'm just defending Mimi, who literally gets a yearly #1 but i didn't mention it since i assumed they we're talking about their latest solo hit. :rip:

Also #Beautiful (2013 single) outpeaked Your Body.

#Beautiful is a collab, if you're gonna bring that up then I can bring up the duet that is "Say Something"

1 hour ago, suburbannature said:

The math isn't mathing. 

2000s (Mariah's second decade as well):

FJhZnq1XsAAnOVE.jpg:large

Christina: #26

FJAED8YXMAQFcRQ?format=jpg&name=large

(Christina missed the top 100 eras)

And I'd love to know what you think Christina accomplished in the 2010s since she hasn't charted since her two features in 2013-2014 :ahh: 

Christina only had 2 main eras in the 2000s (Stripped and Back to Basics) whereas Mariah released 5 main English albums.

And as for your second part, Bionic and Lotus outsold any 2010s Mariah album. MIAMTEC and Caution bombed harder than Liberation.

I don't even need to bring up Xtina's 3 successful and ginormous 2010s collabs which are a combined total of 20x platinum in the U.S. alone. :clap3:

52 minutes ago, La Reina said:

#Beautiful is a collab, if you're gonna bring that up then I can bring up the duet that is "Say Something"

Christina only had 2 main eras in the 2000s (Stripped and Back to Basics) whereas Mariah released 5 main English albums.

And as for your second part, Bionic and Lotus outsold any 2010s Mariah album. MIAMTEC and Caution bombed harder than Liberation.

I don't even need to bring up Xtina's 3 successful and ginormous 2010s collabs which are a combined total of 20x platinum in the U.S. alone. :clap3:

Mariah’s career was 28-years-old during Caution and it peaked higher than Liberation :ahh: 

You lost the second you brought up Mariah, sweets.

12 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Mariah’s career was 28-years-old during Caution and it peaked higher than Liberation :ahh: 

We really didn't. Mariah has been flopping since the late 90s if we're being honest. "The Emancipation..." was the exception, not the rule. She had one LAST hurrah, but let's not forget she had been flopping for YEARS at that point, since "Glitter." Afterwards, she had one a few singles that charted high, but that was pretty much the end. I mean, "Memoirs..." sold HALF of what "E=MC²", which sold a THIRD of what "The Emancipation" sold.

Edited by NausAllien

25 minutes ago, NausAllien said:

We really didn't. Mariah has been flopping since the late 90s if we're being honest. "The Emancipation..." was the exception, not the rule. She had one LAST hurrah, but let's not forget she had been flopping for YEARS at that point, since "Glitter." Afterwards, she had one a few singles that charted high, but that was pretty much the end. I mean, "Memoirs..." sold HALF of what "E=MC²", which sold a THIRD of what "The Emancipation" sold.

:ahh: 

(Rainbow era continued into 2000s but I won't count the album sales just TGIFY #1 in 2000)

Glitter - 1x platinum and #2 song

Greatest Hits - 2x platinum

Charmbracelet - 1x platinum and #3 song

Emancipation of Mimi - 7x platinum, two #1 songs, #2 song

Einstein - 1x platinum and #1 song (her highest first week sales)

Memoirs - 1x platinum and #7 song (Obsessed)

= 13.5 million certified albums and 4 #1 songs in the US alone and not counting her first decade. Ranked higher than Xtina during her first decade by Soundscan verified sales (below) and Billboard decade-end list (post above). This is including at least five albums/compilations released in the 00s AND sales of her debut that occurred in the 2000s (it was released August 1999).

EcYn-o3U8AAcm9d?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by suburbannature

She is done commercially but she is still one for the pop culture and vocal reference.

23 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

= 13.5 million certified albums and 4 #1 songs in the US alone and not counting her first decade. Ranked higher than Xtina during her first decade by Soundscan verified sales (below) and Billboard decade-end list (post above). This is including at least five albums/compilations released in the 00s AND sales of her debut that occurred in the 2000s (it was released August 1999).

It took her FIVE STUDIO ALBUMS released in that decade to get into that list :toofunny2:

Christina only released TWO studio albums in the 00s (3 if you count her Christmas album)

And out of those FIVE (5) albums, there was only ONE successful album: "The Emancipation of Mimi"

Just accept it. Your fave stopped being relevant with "Glitter", and "The Emancipation of Mimi" was a FLUKE. Her next album already sold 66% less than "The Emancipation..." And almost everything she's done since has flopped.

She hasn't had a top 40 hit since 2013 (#Beautiful)... :gaycat7:

And that was her ONLY top 40 hit in the past 13 years (since Obsessed)!!!! :rip:

RIP Mariah Carey's career. Only one top 40 hit in the past 13 years...

mariah-rip.gif

Edited by NausAllien

13 minutes ago, NausAllien said:

It took her FIVE STUDIO ALBUMS released in that decade to get into that list :toofunny2:

Christina only released TWO studio albums in the 00s (3 if you count her Christmas album)

And out of those FIVE (5) albums, there was only ONE successful album: "The Emancipation of Mimi"

Just accept it. Your fave stopped being relevant with "Glitter", and "The Emancipation of Mimi" was a FLUKE. Her next album already sold 66% less than "The Emancipation..." And almost everything she's done since has flopped.

And that was her ONLY top 40 hit in the past 13 years (since Obsessed)!!!! :rip:

mariah-rip.gif

Not the outright denial of the stats :deadbanana4:

Xtina’s Xmas and Latin LPs also don’t suddenly stop counting as albums because they flopped :ahh: and I just pointed out that Soundscan counted all of her debut sales from 2000+ since the album was released in Aug 1999. 

To summarize: you heavily lost the second you brought up Mariah as literally everyone in this thread continues to remind you.

Isn't she being managed by Roc Nation as of last year? They should figure out what her legacy is and capitalize on it, which I think are her 2000s ballads and suspect they're doing right now:

Mariah will never truly over since her classic All I Want for Sexmas will ressurrect every year. Also she is a legend.

2 hours ago, suburbannature said:

By one spot, yet it sold much less:

Caution's first week in the U.S. - 51,000

Liberation's first week in the U.S. - 68,000

Sales > peaks

Mind you, Liberation actually went #1 somewhere in the world and was GRAMMY nominated twice. Liberation also has more streams than Caution.

Poor Caution. Even incessant propaganda by bored gays on Twitter couldn't save it.

I think you should stick to arguing with JLo fans.

1 hour ago, suburbannature said:

Xtina’s Xmas and Latin LPs also don’t suddenly stop counting as albums because they flopped

Mi Reflejo sold 500K in the US and 2.2M worldwide. My Kind of Christmas sold 1.1M in the US.

My Kind of Christmas sold more than Glitter and Charmbracelet in the US!

If that's what you call a flop, then what the f-ck are Mariah's early 00s albums????

Just now, La Reina said:

Sales > peaks

Mind you, Liberation actually went #1 somewhere in the world and was GRAMMY nominated twice. Liberation also has more streams than Caution.

Poor Caution. Even incessant propaganda by bored gays on Twitter couldn't save it.

Babe, Xtina was bombing less than ten years into her career. At the same time Mariah was being awarded Artist of the Decade, five years before the comeback of all comebacks. 

Aren't y'all tired of getting dragged with receipts by everyone in this thread. I'm convinced Fighters hate Xtina :deadbanana4:

1 minute ago, NausAllien said:

Mi Reflejo sold 500K in the US and 2.2M worldwide. My Kind of Christmas sold 1.1M in the US.

My Kind of Christmas sold more than Glitter and Charmbracelet in the US!

If that's what you call a flop, then what the f-ck are Mariah's early 00s albums????

Yeah, they're both flops and she still outsold Xtina in her first decade by a WIDE margin. :deadbanana4:

Just now, suburbannature said:

Babe, Xtina was bombing less than ten years into her career. At the same time Mariah was being awarded Artist of the Decade, five years before the comeback of all comebacks. 

Aren't y'all tired of getting dragged with receipts by everyone in this thread. I'm convinced Fighters hate Xtina :deadbanana4:

You know you've lost when you can't defend Caution's tragic numbers that you have to bring up awards from decades before.

At the end of the day, you can brag about Mariah's heyday from the 90s all you want, but she's fallen tragically (for the second time) when other vocalists like Celine are still respected and selling out stadiums and having hit albums.

Xtina will be fine selling out arenas much like she has this summer. Not all artists are chart dependent. This is something ATRL needs to learn. :celestial6:

3 minutes ago, La Reina said:

Sales > peaks

Mariah’s 6th album, Butterfly - 13,536,000
Mariah’s 7th album, Rainbow - 9,375,000

Christina’s 6th album (7th if you count any Kind of Christmas), Liberation - >500k

I can’t genuinely imagine a Christina Aguilera fan trying to talk down to a Mariah Carey fan, let alone one using Liberation, one of the biggest bombs of all-time. Christina’s career isn’t even a third of Mariah’s and never will be because she was forgotten by 2006.

1 hour ago, NausAllien said:

mariah-rip.gif

I can’t wait to see your meltdown when Mariah’s song from the 90s outcharts every flop Christina single in literally two weeks. 

For a brief reminder, here’s all of the consecutive Christina Aguilera bombs that will be outcharted by All I Want For Christmas Is You in just two weeks:

We Remain - Failed To Chart

Change - Failed To Chart

Telepathy - Failed to Chart

Accelerate - Failed To Chart

Fall In Line - Failed To Chart 

Like I Do - Failed To Chart

Haunted Heart - Failed To Chart

Fall On Me - Failed To Chart

Loyal Brave True - Failed To Chart

Reflection - Failed To Chart 

Pa Mis Muchachas - Failed To Chart

Somos Nada - Failed To Chart

Santo - Failed To Chart

Sueltame - Failed To Chart

On 10/9/2022 at 6:47 PM, James_Dean said:

And some have the audacity to come for Britney Spears lmao. 

Looks like someone should retire their MPG status

R3C2X0m.gif

Those stats are TRAGIC :ahh:

Because she isn't a living legend like her peers Britney and Mariah.

1 minute ago, Eternium said:

Mariah’s 6th album, Butterfly - 13,536,000
Mariah’s 7th album, Rainbow - 9,375,000

Christina’s 6th album (7th if you count any Kind of Christmas), Liberation - >500k

I can’t genuinely imagine a Christina Aguilera fan trying to talk down to a Mariah Carey fan, let alone one using Liberation, one of the biggest bombs of all-time. Christina’s career isn’t even a third of Mariah’s and never will be because she was forgotten by 2006.

Xtina didn't pop out an album every year like Mariah did in the 90s, so here's a more accurate comparison:

Liberation was 20 years into Xtina's career, 20 years into Mariah's career she released Merry Christmas II You which ironically opened with less than Liberation :fan:

Get over yourselves, this is a thread attacking Xtina so of course Xtina fans are gonna defend their fave. Y'all expect to drag Xtina and not get clocked back. :toofunny3:

Just now, JustHoran said:

Because she isn't a living legend like her peers Britney and Mariah.

Legends of lip syncing maybe :clap3:

Xtine has been flopping since 2002 if we're being honest. "Back to Basics" was the exception, not the rule. It was her last LAST hurrah. Afterwards, she had one solo single that charted high (Keeps Gettin' Better), but that was pretty much the end. I mean, "Bionic" sold 1/5 of what "Back to Basics", which sold less than HALF of what "Stripped" sold.

8 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Yeah, they're both flops and she still outsold Xtina in her first decade by a WIDE margin. 

Christina outsold every album Mariah released in the 2000-2009 period except for "The Emancipation..." and ONLY IN THE US

• My Kind of Christmas sold more than Glitter and Charmbracelet.
  • Stripped sold more than The Emancipation... worldwide (Stripped sold 12M, The Emancipation sold 10M)
  • Back to Basics sold more than E=MC² and Memoirs... COMBINED. (B2B 5M, E=MC² 2.5M and Memoirs 2M)
  • Keeps Gettin' Better sold more than Memoirs.. in the US. A Greatest Hits album OUTSOLD Memoirs in the US!!!

This is how PATHETIC Mariah's numbers are. Her only saving grace was "The Emancipation..." but it didn't last long. This is why Lambs need to shut the f-ck up!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.